Key Facts Surrounding This News Item
- SO had a POWR Rating of B (Buy) coming into today.
- SO was -2.94% below its 10-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- SO was -2.31% below its 20-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- SO was 1.14% above its 50-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- SO was 3.61% above its 100-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- SO was 2.31% above its 200-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- SO had returned +0.15% year-to-date leading up to today’s news, versus a +7.88% return from the benchmark S&P 500 during the same period.
More Info About Southern Company (The) Common Stock (SO)
Southern Company is involved in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity through coal, nuclear, oil and gas, and hydro resources in the states of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Mississippi. The company was founded in 1945 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia. View our full SO ticker page with ratings, news, and more.
Try StockNews.com Premium Today!
Get access to our daily newsletters, Best Stocks List, POWR Ratings, and much more!
Free for 14 days -- no credit card required!