Key Facts Surrounding This News Item
- VKTX had a POWR Rating of C (Neutral) coming into today.
- VKTX was -3.15% below its 10-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- VKTX was -9.73% below its 20-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- VKTX was 22.54% above its 50-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- VKTX was 47.27% above its 100-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- VKTX was 90.88% above its 200-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- VKTX had returned +138.92% year-to-date leading up to today’s news, versus a +5.40% return from the benchmark S&P 500 during the same period.
More Info About Viking Therapeutics, Inc. (VKTX)
Viking Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development of novel therapies for metabolic and endocrine disorders. Its lead clinical program, VK5211, is an orally available, non-steroidal selective androgen receptor modulator in Phase II development for the treatment of patients recovering from non-elective hip fracture surgery; in Phase I clinical trials for improving lean body mass; and in pre-clinical trial for improving bone mineral density, bone mineral content, bone strength, and other measures. The company is also developing VK2809, an orally available, tissue and receptor-subtype selective agonist of the thyroid hormone receptor beta, which is in a Phase II clinical trial for the treatment of patients with hypercholesterolemia and fatty liver disease; and in a Phase I clinical trial to treat patients who suffer from glycogen storage disease type Ia. In addition, it is developing VK0214 for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy, which is in pre-clinical stage. Viking Therapeutics, Inc. was founded in 2012 and is based in San Diego, California. View our full VKTX ticker page with ratings, news, and more.
Try StockNews.com Premium Today!
Get access to our daily newsletters, Best Stocks List, POWR Ratings, and much more!
Free for 14 days -- no credit card required!