Key Facts Surrounding This News Item
- VKTX had a POWR Rating of C (Neutral) coming into today.
- VKTX was -3.15% below its 10-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- VKTX was -9.73% below its 20-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- VKTX was 22.54% above its 50-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- VKTX was 47.27% above its 100-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- VKTX was 90.88% above its 200-Day Moving Average coming into today.
- VKTX had returned +138.92% year-to-date leading up to today’s news, versus a +5.40% return from the benchmark S&P 500 during the same period.
More Info About Viking Therapeutics, Inc. (VKTX)
Viking Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development of novel therapies for metabolic and endocrine disorders. Its lead clinical program, VK5211, is an orally available, non-steroidal selective androgen receptor modulator in Phase II development for the treatment of patients recovering from non-elective hip fracture surgery; in Phase I clinical trials for improving lean body mass; and in pre-clinical trial for improving bone mineral density, bone mineral content, bone strength, and other measures. The company is also developing VK2809, an orally available, tissue and receptor-subtype selective agonist of the thyroid hormone receptor beta, which is in a Phase II clinical trial for the treatment of patients with hypercholesterolemia and fatty liver disease; and in a Phase I clinical trial to treat patients who suffer from glycogen storage disease type Ia. In addition, it is developing VK0214 for X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy, which is in pre-clinical stage. Viking Therapeutics, Inc. was founded in 2012 and is based in San Diego, California. View our full VKTX ticker page with ratings, news, and more.