Adams Resources & Energy, Inc. (AE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AE POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where AE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.89% of US stocks.
- AE's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 123 days.
- AE ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
AE Stock Summary
- Adams Resources & Energy Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.98% of US listed stocks.
- AE's went public 35.46 years ago, making it older than 92.77% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- AE's price/sales ratio is 0.13; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 1.54% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WEI, RBBN, KINS, SMIT, and WTRH.
- Visit AE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.adamsresources.com.
AE Valuation Summary
In comparison to the median Energy stock, AE's price/sales ratio is 94.12% lower, now standing at 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AE.
AE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.24||52-week high||$37.70|
|Prev. close||$30.01||52-week low||$18.36|
|Day high||$29.33||Avg. volume||12,863|
|50-day MA||$27.51||Dividend yield||3.28%|
|200-day MA||$25.70||Market Cap||124.30M|
Adams Resources & Energy, Inc. (AE) Company Bio
Adams Resources & Energy, Inc. engages in the business of crude oil marketing, tank truck transportation of liquid chemicals, and oil and gas exploration and production in the United States. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Houston, Texas.
AE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Adams Resources & Energy Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Adams Resources & Energy Inc ranked in the 8th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Adams Resources & Energy Inc, consider:
- In the past 5.75 years, Adams Resources & Energy Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of -0.31%; that's better than only 8.24% of cash flow producing equities in the Energy sector, where it is classified.
- Adams Resources & Energy Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 21.46% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
AE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AE Latest Social Stream
View Full AE Social Stream
Latest AE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Adams Resources & Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AE as an investment opportunity.
Photo by Hoptocopter/E+ via Getty Images Since a snapback rally immediately after last March's steep sell-off, Adams Resources & Energy (AE) stock has done nothing. Shares closed at $26.86 on Mar. 27, 2020 — and $26.68 on Friday. The longer view looks only modestly better. AE has dropped sharply over...
Adams Resources & Energy, Inc. Announces Results For First Quarter 2021 And Declares Quarterly Dividend
Adams Resources & Energy, Inc. (NYSE AMERICAN: AE) ("Adams" or the "Company") today announced operational and financial results for the three months ended March 31, 2021 and declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.24 per common share.
Adams Resources & Energy, Inc. (NYSE AMERICAN: AE) ("Adams" or the "Company") today announced operational and financial results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2020.
Adams Resources & Energy, Inc. ( NYSEMKT:AE ) shareholders should be happy to see the share price up 13% in the last...
Adams Resources & Energy, Inc. Announces Results For Third Quarter 2020 And Declares Quarterly Dividend
HOUSTON, Nov. 5, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Adams Resources & Energy, Inc. (NYSE AMERICAN: AE) ("Adams" or the "Company") today announced operational and financial results for the three months ended September 30, 2020 and declared a quarterly cash dividend of $0.24 per common share. Reported…
AE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching AEHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Adams Resources & Energy Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Adams Resources & Energy Inc (AE) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Adams Resources & Energy Inc (AE) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Adams Resources & Energy Inc (AE) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch