Argan, Inc. (AGX): Price and Financial Metrics
AGX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.04||52-week high||$47.80|
|Prev. close||$46.64||52-week low||$32.97|
|Day high||$47.38||Avg. volume||70,127|
|50-day MA||$45.61||Dividend yield||2.62%|
|200-day MA||$41.78||Market Cap||626.53M|
AGX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AGX POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where AGX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.29% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AGX is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- AGX's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 48.91% of US stocks).
AGX Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of ARGAN INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.32% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for ARGAN INC is higher than it is for about merely 0.22% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AGX is more volatile than merely 11.63% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to ARGAN INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HELE, ARC, DOOR, LOPE, and RL.
- Visit AGX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.arganinc.com.
AGX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, AGX's price/earnings ratio is 18.18% lower, now standing at 16.2.
- AGX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 313.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AGX.
AGX Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 67.34%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -51.53%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -33.57%.
The table below shows AGX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AGX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AGX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.38% of graded US stocks.
- AGX's asset turnover comes in at 0.817 -- ranking 43rd of 51 Construction stocks.
- ORN, BLD, and IESC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AGX.
The table below shows AGX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Argan, Inc. (AGX) Company Bio
Argan Inc. provides a range of development, consulting, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, operations, and maintenance services to the power generation and renewable energy markets. The company operates through Power Industry Services and Telecommunications Infrastructure Services segment. The company was founded in 1961 and is based in Rockville, Maryland.
AGX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AGX Latest Social Stream
View Full AGX Social Stream
Latest AGX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ARGAN INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AGX as an investment opportunity.
From what we can see, insiders were net buyers in Argan, Inc.'s ( NYSE:AGX ) during the past 12 months. That is...
On October 12, 2023, Cynthia Flanders, a director at Argan Inc (NYSE:AGX), purchased 8,500 shares of the company.
The simplest way to invest in stocks is to buy exchange traded funds. But you can significantly boost your returns by...
Key Insights Argan's estimated fair value is US$89.95 based on 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity Current share price of...
ROCKVILLE, Md., September 19, 2023--Argan, Inc. (NYSE: AGX) ("Argan" or the "Company") announces today that its Board of Directors increased the Company’s quarterly cash dividend by 20% from $0.25 to $0.30 per common share. The dividend will be payable on October 31, 2023 to stockholders of record at the close of business on October 23, 2023.
AGX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|