Argan, Inc. (AGX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AGX POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where AGX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.51% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AGX is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- AGX's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 16.79% of US stocks).
AGX Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for ARGAN INC is higher than it is for about only 0.51% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, AGX is more volatile than just 14.36% of stocks we're observing.
- ARGAN INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 17.1%, greater than the shareholder yield of 90.42% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AGX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MEI, MLI, CULL, PINC, and SXI.
- AGX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ARGAN INC's official web site, go to www.arganinc.com.
AGX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, AGX's EV/EBIT ratio is 47.67% lower, now standing at 9.
- Over the past 243 months, AGX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 15.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AGX.
AGX Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -42.02%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -16.21%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 356.1%.
The table below shows AGX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AGX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AGX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.38% of graded US stocks.
- AGX's asset turnover comes in at 0.817 -- ranking 43rd of 51 Construction stocks.
- ORN, BLD, and IESC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AGX.
The table below shows AGX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AGX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AGX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.32||52-week high||$42.15|
|Prev. close||$37.09||52-week low||$31.26|
|Day high||$37.40||Avg. volume||86,360|
|50-day MA||$34.13||Dividend yield||2.7%|
|200-day MA||$36.78||Market Cap||518.15M|
Argan, Inc. (AGX) Company Bio
Argan Inc. provides a range of development, consulting, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, operations, and maintenance services to the power generation and renewable energy markets. The company operates through Power Industry Services and Telecommunications Infrastructure Services segment. The company was founded in 1961 and is based in Rockville, Maryland.
Most Popular Stories View All
AGX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AGX Latest Social Stream
View Full AGX Social Stream
Latest AGX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ARGAN INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AGX as an investment opportunity.
Argan, Inc.’s Gemma Power Systems Receives Full Notice to Proceed for a 950-MW Power Project in Ohio
ROCKVILLE, Md., November 08, 2022--Argan, Inc. (NYSE: AGX) ("Argan" or the "Company") announces today that on November 3, 2022 its wholly owned subsidiary, Gemma Power Systems ("Gemma"), received full notice to proceed on an engineering, procurement and construction ("EPC") services contract with Clean Energy Future-Trumbull, LLC ("CEF-Trumbull"), an affiliate of Clean Energy Future, LLC ("CEF") of Manchester, Massachusetts, the developer of the Trumbull Energy Center, a 950 MW natural gas-fired
Does the November share price for Argan, Inc. ( NYSE:AGX ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we will estimate the...
For many, the main point of investing is to generate higher returns than the overall market. But in any portfolio...
When we're researching a company, it's sometimes hard to find the warning signs, but there are some financial metrics...
The board of Argan, Inc. ( NYSE:AGX ) has announced that it will pay a dividend on the 31st of October, with investors...
AGX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|