Argan, Inc. (AGX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
AGX POWR Grades
- AGX scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 98.45% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for AGX is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- AGX's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 25.08% of US stocks).
AGX Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.91, Argan Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than just 4.67% of US stocks.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Argan Inc is higher than it is for about merely 0.5% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Argan Inc is reporting a growth rate of 1,544.64%; that's higher than 98.61% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Argan Inc are BTN, SAFM, IPDN, PETS, and GNLN.
- Visit AGX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.arganinc.com.
AGX Valuation Summary
- AGX's EV/EBIT ratio is 7; this is 67.29% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AGX's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.
- AGX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 20.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AGX.
AGX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 2.23%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 947.86%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 37.35%.
The table below shows AGX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AGX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AGX has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 98.38% of graded US stocks.
- AGX's asset turnover comes in at 0.817 -- ranking 43rd of 51 Construction stocks.
- ORN, BLD, and IESC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AGX.
The table below shows AGX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
AGX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AGX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.84||52-week high||$53.54|
|Prev. close||$40.49||52-week low||$35.42|
|Day high||$41.25||Avg. volume||100,462|
|50-day MA||$38.40||Dividend yield||2.45%|
|200-day MA||$40.77||Market Cap||606.47M|
Argan, Inc. (AGX) Company Bio
Argan Inc. provides a range of development, consulting, engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, operations, and maintenance services to the power generation and renewable energy markets. The company operates through Power Industry Services and Telecommunications Infrastructure Services segment. The company was founded in 1961 and is based in Rockville, Maryland.
Most Popular Stories View All
AGX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AGX Latest Social Stream
View Full AGX Social Stream
Latest AGX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Argan Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AGX as an investment opportunity.
Argan, Inc.'s (NYSE:AGX) Fundamentals Look Pretty Strong: Could The Market Be Wrong About The Stock?
Argan (NYSE:AGX) has had a rough three months with its share price down 15%. However, stock prices are usually driven...
Investment thesis Argan (AGX) is not an investment for every investor since its revenues are subject to high periods of volatility due to its dependence on agreements for the construction of new projects. Investors can't count on an approximate forecast of the performance that it will have in the future...
ROCKVILLE, Md., January 24, 2022--Argan, Inc. (NYSE: AGX) ("Argan" or the "Company") today announces that its Board of Directors approved an increase in the Company's existing share repurchase program, from $25 million to $50 million, to acquire shares of the Company's Common Stock. The Company has repurchased shares at a cost of approximately $18 million under the authorization to-date.
Investment company First Trust RBA American Industrial Renaissance ETF (Current Portfolio) buys Argan Inc, Great Lakes Dredge & Dock Corp, Wintrust Financial Corp, FTC Solar Inc, Infrastructure and Energy Alternatives Inc, sells Generac Holdings Inc, Powell Industries Inc, Covanta Holding Corp, MYR Group Inc, Northwest Pipe Co during the 3-months ended 2021Q3, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, First Trust RBA American Industrial Renaissance ETF.
Investment company Advisors' Inner Circle Fund III (Current Portfolio) buys Hypera SA, MiX Telematics, Rocky Brands Inc, Argan Inc, Exxon Mobil Corp, sells Elanco Animal Health Inc, National Presto Industries Inc, International Flavors & Fragrances Inc, Newell Brands Inc, Smith & Wesson Brands Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q3, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Advisors' Inner Circle Fund III.
AGX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|