Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. REIT Holding Company (ALEX): Price and Financial Metrics
ALEX Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 229.19, Alexander & Baldwin Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 95.99% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Alexander & Baldwin Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.72% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Alexander & Baldwin Inc is reporting a growth rate of -514.12%; that's higher than merely 3.24% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Alexander & Baldwin Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be ALCO, CF, TRN, MLM, and GLDD.
- Visit ALEX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.alexanderbaldwin.com.
ALEX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ALEX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.80||52-week high||$19.22|
|Prev. close||$17.46||52-week low||$9.45|
|Day high||$17.80||Avg. volume||384,460|
|50-day MA||$17.56||Dividend yield||3.44%|
|200-day MA||$14.81||Market Cap||1.29B|
Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. REIT Holding Company (ALEX) Company Bio
Alexander & Baldwin engages in the real estate development, commercial real estate, agriculture, natural materials, and infrastructure construction businesses in Hawaii.. It operates in four segments: Real Estate Development and Sales, Real Estate Leasing, Materials and Construction, and Agribusiness. The company was founded in 1870 and is based in Honolulu, Hawaii.
ALEX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Alexander & Baldwin Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Alexander & Baldwin Inc ranked in the 20th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Alexander & Baldwin Inc ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.56 years comes in at -0.07%; that's greater than only 16.04% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Alexander & Baldwin Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 11. This value is greater than 67.78% stocks in the Real Estate sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
ALEX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ALEX Latest Social Stream
View Full ALEX Social Stream
Latest ALEX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Alexander & Baldwin Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ALEX as an investment opportunity.
Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. (NYSE:ALEX) (A&B) will report results for the first quarter 2021, after the market closes, on Thursday, April 29, 2021. In connection with this announcement, A&B will host a live webcast of its conference call with financial analysts and institutional investors on Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. ET.
HONOLULU , March 25, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Alexander & Baldwin (NYSE: ALEX ) (A&B) subsidiary Grace Pacific LLC, Hawaii's largest vertically-integrated materials and paving contractor, has named Myles Mizokami chief operating officer, effective March 1, 2021 . Mizokami joins Grace Pacific from Nan Inc., where he served as director, Civil Operations for more than ten years. Prior to this position, he worked in project management and field leadership at several other leading Hawaii contractors, primarily focusing on civil infrastructure projects, including roadway and utility improvements. "I am pleased to welcome Myles to the Grace Pacific 'ohana and am confident he will further strengthen our growing operational and … Full story available on Benzinga.com
On February 23, 2021, Alexander & Baldwin (NYSE:ALEX) announced shareholders can expect to receive a dividend payable on April 2, 2021. The stock will then go ex-dividend 1 business day(s) before the record date. The ex-dividend date for Alexander & Baldwin is set for March 17, 2021. The company's current dividend payout sits at $0.15, equating to a dividend yield of 3.31% at current price levels. The Significance Of Ex-Dividend Dates An ex-dividend date signals when a company's shares cease to trade with its current dividend payout. There is a small intermission period before the company announces a new dividend. Usually, a company's ex-dividend date falls one business day before its record date. Investors should keep this in mind when purchasing stocks because buying them on or after ...
HONOLULU, March 8, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. (NYSE:ALEX) (A&B) announced today that Chris Benjamin, president and chief executive officer, Brett Brown, executive vice president and chief financial officer, Lance Parker, executive vice president and chief real estate…
Aloha, and welcome to our call to discuss Alexander & Baldwin's Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 earnings. With me today for our presentation are A&B's President and Chief Executive Officer, Chris Benjamin; and Brett Brown, Chief Financial Officer.
ALEX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching ALEXWant to see what other sources are saying about Alexander & Baldwin Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Alexander & Baldwin Inc (ALEX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Alexander & Baldwin Inc (ALEX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Alexander & Baldwin Inc (ALEX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch