American Woodmark Corporation (AMWD): Price and Financial Metrics
AMWD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$77.00||52-week high||$80.27|
|Prev. close||$76.62||52-week low||$41.05|
|Day high||$77.00||Avg. volume||111,038|
|50-day MA||$75.31||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$61.84||Market Cap||1.26B|
AMWD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
AMWD POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where AMWD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.9% of US stocks.
- AMWD's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- AMWD ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 50th percentile.
AMWD Stock Summary
- AMERICAN WOODMARK CORP's stock had its IPO on July 21, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.66% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of AMERICAN WOODMARK CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.53% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, AMERICAN WOODMARK CORP is reporting a growth rate of -1,999.37%; that's higher than just 0.77% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to AMWD, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ODP, GBLI, UVE, CDRE, and KEQU.
- AMWD's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit AMERICAN WOODMARK CORP's official web site, go to www.americanwoodmark.com.
AMWD Valuation Summary
- AMWD's price/earnings ratio is 11.3; this is 24.67% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 243 months, AMWD's price/earnings ratio has gone down 1.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for AMWD.
AMWD Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -39.38%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 6.49%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 5.14%.
The table below shows AMWD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
AMWD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- AMWD has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 16.97% of graded US stocks.
- AMWD's asset turnover comes in at 1.096 -- ranking 16th of 60 Construction Materials stocks.
- LCUT, SMID, and SKY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with AMWD.
The table below shows AMWD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
American Woodmark Corporation (AMWD) Company Bio
American Woodmark Corporation manufactures and distributes kitchen cabinets and vanities for the remodeling and home construction markets in the United States. The company was founded in 1980 and is based in Winchester, Virginia.
AMWD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
AMWD Latest Social Stream
View Full AMWD Social Stream
Latest AMWD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about AMERICAN WOODMARK CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate AMWD as an investment opportunity.
AMWD, STRL and FOUR made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) growth stocks list on September 22, 2023.
Zacks.com featured highlights include American Woodmarkt, BJ's Restaurants, MercadoLibre, Asure Software and SkyWest
American Woodmarkt, BJ's Restaurants, MercadoLibre, Asure Software and SkyWest are part of the Zacks Screen of the Week article.
MPTI, STRL and AMWD made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) growth stocks list on September 20, 2023.
Why investors should use the Zacks Earnings ESP tool to help find stocks that are poised to top quarterly earnings estimates.
American Woodmark (AMWD) could be a great choice for investors looking to buy stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
AMWD Price Returns
Continue Researching AMWDWant to see what other sources are saying about American Woodmark Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
American Woodmark Corp (AMWD) Stock Price | Nasdaq
American Woodmark Corp (AMWD) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
American Woodmark Corp (AMWD) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch