American Express Company (AXP) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- Over the past 6 years of historical data, AXP has returned more capital to shareholders through its dividend issuances than 92.11% of other dividend-paying US stocks.
- As for free cash flow, AXP has greater average cash flow over the past 5.51 years than 95.19% US-listed dividend payers.
- AXP is producing more trailing twelve month cash flow than 92.02% of US dividend stocks.
- To help you reduce price risk in your dividend portfolio, here are the dividend stocks that are least correlated with AXP's price: RDY, SNN, BAH, HMG and CHCT.
AXP Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a valuation model that attempts to determine a fair share price for a stock, based on the dividend it provides in comparison to several company-specific metrics indicative of the riskiness of the stock and the financial health of the company. As for AXP, the dividend discount model StockNews created for the company implies a negative return of 73.17%. Digging deeper, the aspects of American Express Co's dividend discount model that we found most interesting were:
- If we compare the valuation opportunity a dividend discount model provides relative to other dividend stocks in the Financial Services sector, the expected return of -73.17%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than only 10.61% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, AXP has a discount rate lower than only 10.61% of them (a lower discount rate is associated with lower risk).
- With a market cap of roughly $97 billion, AXP is in the large-sized market cap class; amongst this group of stocks, its equity discount rate is lower than only 14.61% of them.
- A stock's beta generally indicates its volatility relative to the broader equity market; as for AXP, approximately only 14.48% of US-listed dividend issuers had a higher beta, and thus may have greater price volatility.
AXP Dividend Chart
AXP Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|