Best Buy Co. Inc. (BBY): Price and Financial Metrics
BBY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.78||52-week high||$93.32|
|Prev. close||$73.42||52-week low||$62.30|
|Day high||$74.80||Avg. volume||2,368,665|
|50-day MA||$68.28||Dividend yield||5.19%|
|200-day MA||$74.71||Market Cap||16.27B|
BBY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BBY POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where BBY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 82.75% of US stocks.
- BBY's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- BBY's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 7.13% of US stocks).
BBY Stock Summary
- BEST BUY CO INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 97.77% of US listed stocks.
- BBY's went public 37.89 years ago, making it older than 93.05% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.31, BEST BUY CO INC has a higher such ratio than just 12.29% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BBY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CHRW, BJ, WBA, DKS, and K.
- BBY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BEST BUY CO INC's official web site, go to www.bestbuy.com.
BBY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, BBY's price/sales ratio is 57.14% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, BBY's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BBY.
BBY Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 32.86%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 9.04%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -58.07%.
The table below shows BBY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BBY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BBY has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 90.98% of graded US stocks.
- BBY's asset turnover comes in at 2.731 -- ranking 16th of 165 Retail stocks.
- DBI, TJX, and BURL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BBY.
The table below shows BBY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Best Buy Co. Inc. (BBY) Company Bio
Best Buy is an American multinational consumer electronics retailer headquartered in Richfield, Minnesota. Originally founded by Richard M. Schulze and James Wheeler in 1966 as an audio specialty store called Sound of Music, it was rebranded under its current name with an emphasis on consumer electronics in 1983. (Source:Wikipedia)
BBY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BBY Latest Social Stream
View Full BBY Social Stream
Latest BBY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BEST BUY CO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BBY as an investment opportunity.
Retailers are growing concerned that a spending slowdown could temper sales on the day after Thanksgiving and throughout the holidays.
Corporate America is talking less about a recession, a development that is in line with economist forecasts that have revised out the likelihood of recession in the year ahead.
Major companies, including Zoom (ZM), Best Buy (BBY), Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS), Nordstrom (JWN), Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF), and most notably, Nvidia (NVDA), reported third-quarter earnings on Tuesday. Yahoo Finance spoke to experts across the industry to discuss everything investors need to know, including the winners and losers from this week's results. Nvidia (00:00:25) Nvidia reported adjusted earnings of $4.02 per share, well above the expected $3.36. Moor Insights and Strategy CEO and Chief Analyst Patrick Moorhead said, "They can name their price. And it's in a supply constrained environment. I think Nvidia could have done even better." Zoom (00:00:48) Zoom reported adjusted earnings of $1.29 per share compared to estimates of $1.10, and raised its 2024 outlook. "In our online ...
Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE:BBY) Q3 2024 Earnings Call Transcript November 21, 2023 Best Buy Co., Inc. beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $1.29, expectations were $1.19. Operator: Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for standing by. Welcome to the Best Buy’s Third Quarter Fiscal 2024 Earnings Conference Call. At this time, all participants are in […]
Consumers are being mindful of how they're shopping this holiday season.
BBY Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|