bluebird bio, Inc. (BLUE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
BLUE POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where BLUE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 87.5% of US stocks.
- BLUE's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 178 days.
- BLUE's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 0.51% of US stocks).
BLUE Stock Summary
- BLUEBIRD BIO INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than merely 6.17% of US listed stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 53.23%, BLUEBIRD BIO INC's debt growth rate surpasses 81.07% of about US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for BLUEBIRD BIO INC comes in at -166.63%, a number that bests only 0.33% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to BLUE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LYEL, SNAP, SITM, RKLB, and AI.
- Visit BLUE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.bluebirdbio.com.
BLUE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, BLUE's price/sales ratio is 980% lower, now standing at -17.6.
- BLUE's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 11.3 over the prior 115 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BLUE.
BLUE Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 778.41%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at -97.68%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -102.97%.
The table below shows BLUE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BLUE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BLUE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 15.84% of graded US stocks.
- BLUE's asset turnover comes in at 0.029 -- ranking 353rd of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- NERV, OTLC, and BPMC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BLUE.
The table below shows BLUE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
BLUE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BLUE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.37||52-week high||$11.70|
|Prev. close||$7.59||52-week low||$2.87|
|Day high||$7.74||Avg. volume||5,351,413|
|50-day MA||$6.56||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.29||Market Cap||611.05M|
bluebird bio, Inc. (BLUE) Company Bio
Bluebird Bio is a clinical-stage company committed to developing potentially transformative gene therapies for severe genetic and rare diseases and T cell-based immunotherapies. The company was founded in 1992 and is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
BLUE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BLUE Latest Social Stream
View Full BLUE Social Stream
Latest BLUE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BLUEBIRD BIO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BLUE as an investment opportunity.
Investing in biotech companies, especially relatively small ones, can be a double-edged sword. With that in mind, let's look at two gene-editing-focused biotechs that could perform substantially better next year: CRISPR Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CRSP) and Bluebird Bio (NASDAQ: BLUE). Right now, CRISPR Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biotech.
Bluebird (BLUE) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 28.13% and 96.84%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
SOMERVILLE, Mass., November 07, 2022--bluebird bio, Inc. (NASDAQ: BLUE) ("bluebird bio" or the "Company") today reported financial results and business highlights for the third quarter ended September 30, 2022 and shared recent operational progress.
SOMERVILLE, Mass., November 02, 2022--bluebird bio, Inc. (NASDAQ: BLUE) today announced that members of the management team will participate in the 31st Annual Credit Suisse Healthcare Conference, Tuesday, November 8, at 5:00 p.m. PT at the Terranea Resort, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA.
Fstar Therapeutics, Inc. (FSTX) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
BLUE Price Returns