bluebird bio, Inc. (BLUE): Price and Financial Metrics
BLUE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.04||52-week high||$8.58|
|Prev. close||$3.02||52-week low||$2.78|
|Day high||$3.16||Avg. volume||4,187,816|
|50-day MA||$3.54||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$4.49||Market Cap||325.14M|
BLUE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
BLUE POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where BLUE ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.56% of US stocks.
- BLUE's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- BLUE ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
BLUE Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of BLUEBIRD BIO INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.73% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 34.57, BLUEBIRD BIO INC has a higher such ratio than 96.06% of stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that BLUE's revenue has grown -171.58% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 0.19% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BLUEBIRD BIO INC, a group of peers worth examining would be AGIO, AFIB, CRSP, XBIT, and RVMD.
- BLUE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit BLUEBIRD BIO INC's official web site, go to www.bluebirdbio.com.
BLUE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, BLUE's price/earnings ratio is 112.73% lower, now standing at -3.4.
- Over the past 125 months, BLUE's price/sales ratio has gone down 391.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for BLUE.
BLUE Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -88.6%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -21.62%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -199.98%.
The table below shows BLUE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
BLUE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- BLUE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 15.84% of graded US stocks.
- BLUE's asset turnover comes in at 0.029 -- ranking 353rd of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- NERV, OTLC, and BPMC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with BLUE.
The table below shows BLUE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
bluebird bio, Inc. (BLUE) Company Bio
Bluebird Bio is a clinical-stage company committed to developing potentially transformative gene therapies for severe genetic and rare diseases and T cell-based immunotherapies. The company was founded in 1992 and is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
BLUE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
BLUE Latest Social Stream
View Full BLUE Social Stream
Latest BLUE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BLUEBIRD BIO INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate BLUE as an investment opportunity.
In early 2022, small-cap biotech Bluebird Bio (NASDAQ: BLUE) had no products on the market and was facing severe financial troubles. The company should ramp up the number of patients it is treating with its two approved therapies, Zynteglo and Skysona, and earn approval for another gene-editing treatment, lovo-cel. Let's start with Zynteglo and Skysona, which treat transfusion-dependent beta-thalassemia (TDT, a rare blood disease) and cerebral adrenoleukodystrophy (CALD, a rare neurogenerative disorder).
CRISPR Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CRSP) and Bluebird Bio (NASDAQ: BLUE) are at the forefront of developing gene therapies, yet the shares of both companies have underperformed the market over the last 12 months. CRISPR Therapeutics doesn't have any approved treatments on the market yet, but that'll change soon enough, which is the crux of the thesis in favor of it being a great growth stock. Through its partnership with Vertex Pharmaceuticals, it's aiming to commercialize the gene therapy exa-cel, which was developed to provide a functional cure for both beta-thalassemia and sickle cell disease.
Gene editing is a relatively new technology that allows scientists to modify an organism's DNA. Two companies that are hard at work in this field are Bluebird Bio (NASDAQ: BLUE) and CRISPR Therapeutics (NASDAQ: CRSP). Bluebird Bio currently has two approved gene-editing therapies on the market.
Investors looking for stocks that can put up dramatic gains in a short amount of time naturally flock to biotech stocks. Up and down Wall Street, the investment bank analysts have been telling anyone who'll listen to buy these biotech stocks before they soar. The average price target on these stocks suggests some dramatic gains could be up ahead.
Bluebird (BLUE) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
BLUE Price Returns