CAI International, Inc. (CAI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CAI POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CAI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.57% of US stocks.
- CAI's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- CAI ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 25th percentile.
CAI Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for CAI is currently 3.09, higher than just 9.81% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of CAI International Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.09% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For CAI, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 0% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CAI International Inc are IRS, CRESY, SID, CEPU, and OBAS.
- Visit CAI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.capps.com.
CAI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CAI's EV/EBIT ratio is 18.69% lower, now standing at 17.4.
- CAI's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 174 months.
- Over the past 174 months, CAI's EV/EBIT ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAI.
CAI Growth Metrics
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 28.02%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 87.82%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -94.65%.
The table below shows CAI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CAI has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82.66% of graded US stocks.
- CAI's asset turnover comes in at 0.11 -- ranking 516th of 556 Business Services stocks.
- EXTN, INTU, and RHI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CAI.
The table below shows CAI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CAI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.82||52-week high||$56.22|
|Prev. close||$55.82||52-week low||$25.06|
|Day high||$55.90||Avg. volume||299,637|
|50-day MA||$55.87||Dividend yield||2.15%|
|200-day MA||$45.14||Market Cap||968.92M|
CAI International, Inc. (CAI) Company Bio
CAI International operates as transportation finance and logistics company in the United States and internationally. It leases, re-leases, and disposes containers, and contracts for the repair, repositioning, and storage of containers. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in San Francisco, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
CAI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAI Latest Social Stream
View Full CAI Social Stream
Latest CAI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CAI International Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAI as an investment opportunity.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Is CAI International (CAI) a great pick from the value investor's perspective right now? Read on to know more.
CAI International (CAI) is at a 52-week high, but can investors hope for more gains in the future? We take a look at the company's fundamentals for clues.
CAI International, Inc. Stockholders Approve Merger Agreement for Acquisition by Mitsubishi HC Capital Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CAI International, Inc. (NYSE: CAI) (CAI or the Company), one of the worlds leading transportation finance companies, announced today that the Companys common stockholders, at a special meeting of the Companys common stockholders held earlier today (the Special Meeting), voted to adopt the previously announced merger agreement for the acquisition of the Company by Mitsubishi HC Capital Inc. (MHC). Under the terms of the merger agreement, the Companys
SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CAI International, Inc. (NYSE: CAI) (CAI or the Company), one of the worlds leading transportation finance companies, announced today that CAIs Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.30 per common share payable on September 27, 2021 to shareholders of record as of September 10, 2021. About CAI International, Inc. CAI is one of the worlds leading transportation finance companies. As of June 30, 2021, CAI operated a worldwide fleet of approximatel
CAI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|