CAI International, Inc. (CAI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CAI POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where CAI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.6% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CAI is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- CAI ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
CAI Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for CAI is currently 3.29, higher than just 11.06% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of CAI International Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.09% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for CAI International Inc is higher than it is for about just 0.02% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CAI International Inc are CRESY, STRS, MESA, RDI, and ARL.
- Visit CAI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.capps.com.
CAI Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, CAI's price/sales ratio is 5.88% lower, now standing at 3.2.
- CAI's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 173 months.
- Over the past 173 months, CAI's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CAI.
CAI Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 1148.03%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 81.32%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -28.31%.
The table below shows CAI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CAI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.88||52-week high||$56.19|
|Prev. close||$55.73||52-week low||$16.72|
|Day high||$56.03||Avg. volume||316,825|
|50-day MA||$49.40||Dividend yield||2.15%|
|200-day MA||$40.22||Market Cap||966.95M|
CAI International, Inc. (CAI) Company Bio
CAI International operates as transportation finance and logistics company in the United States and internationally. It leases, re-leases, and disposes containers, and contracts for the repair, repositioning, and storage of containers. The company was founded in 1989 and is based in San Francisco, California.
CAI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CAI, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that CAI International Inc ranked in the 88th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 769.5% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for CAI International Inc ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 28. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 4.49% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- CAI International Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 24.57% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CAI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAI Latest Social Stream
View Full CAI Social Stream
Latest CAI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CAI International Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAI as an investment opportunity.
CAI International with ticker code (CAI) have now 2 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Hold''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 56 and 56 with the average target price sitting at 56. With the stocks previous close at 55.83 this would imply there is a potential upside of .3%. The 50 day MA is 51.51 and the 200 day MA is 43.83. The market cap for the company is $973m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="CAI" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] CAI International operates as a transportation finance company in the United States, Switzerland, France, Korea, Singapore, rest of Asia, rest of Europe, and internationally. The ...
SHAREHOLDER INVESTIGATION: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates CAI, SYKE, TGRF, AVCO, LDL; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies:
NEW YORK , July 16, 2021 PRNewswire/ -- Juan Monteverde , founder and managing partner at Monteverde & Associates PC , a national securities firm rated Top 50 in the 2018-2020 ISS Securities Class Action Services Report and headquartered at the Empire State Building in New York City , is investigating: MMA Capital Holdings, Inc. ( MMAC ) relating to its proposed acquisition by an affiliate of Fundamental Advisors LP. Under the terms of the agreement, MMAC shareholders will receive $27.77 in cash per share they own. Click here for more information: https://www.monteverdelaw.com/case/mma-capital-holdings-inc . It is free and there is no cost or obligation to you. CAI International, Inc. ( CAI ) relating to its proposed acquisition by Mitsubishi Full story available on Benzinga.com
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: WeissLaw LLP Reminds STMP, JAX, CAI, and SYKE Shareholders About Its Ongoing Investigations
If you own shares in any of the companies listed above and would like to discuss our investigations or have any questions concerning this notice or your rights or interests, please contact:
INVESTIGATION ALERT: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates CORE, CAI, BOCH, ADXS; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / July 10, 2021 / Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies:Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc. (NASDAQ:CORE)concerning potential violations of the federal securities laws and/or breaches of fiduciary duties relating to its sale to Performance Food Group Company.
CAI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|