CalAmp Corp. (CAMP): Price and Financial Metrics
CAMP Stock Summary
- CAMP's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.06 -- higher than just 0.67% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- CAMP's went public 35.18 years ago, making it older than 92.76% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, CAMP has reported earnings growth of -6,900.45%, putting it ahead of only 0.37% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CalAmp Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be PIXY, NFE, PESI, ACHC, and ONTO.
- Visit CAMP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.calamp.com.
CAMP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CAMP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.17||52-week high||$11.98|
|Prev. close||$11.40||52-week low||$3.70|
|Day high||$11.95||Avg. volume||204,268|
|50-day MA||$10.65||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$8.76||Market Cap||391.34M|
CalAmp Corp. (CAMP) Company Bio
Calamp Corporation provides wireless communications solutions for various applications worldwide. It operates in two segments, Wireless DataCom and Satellite. The company was founded in 1981 and is based in Oxnard, California.
CAMP Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for CAMP, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that CalAmp Corp ranked in the 16th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CAMP, they are:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 66. Its equity weight surpasses that of merely 8.07% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Technology sector.
- CalAmp Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -3.77. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 14.06% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CAMP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CAMP Latest Social Stream
View Full CAMP Social Stream
Latest CAMP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CalAmp Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CAMP as an investment opportunity.
BELO HORIZONTE, Brazil and IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 21, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- CalAmp (Nasdaq: CAMP), a global technology solutions pioneer transforming the mobile connected economy, and Localiza (B3: RENT3 ant OTCQX: LZRFY), the largest car rental operator in South America, today announced a…
LONDON and IRVINE, Calif., Jan. 19, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- CalAmp (Nasdaq: CAMP), a global technology solutions pioneer transforming the mobile connected economy, today announced a new usage-based insurance (UBI) solution through its subsidiary, Tracker that is being deployed by…
CalAmp Corp. (NASDAQ: CAMP) is one of the few tech companies that continue to feel the pinch of the coronavirus crisis, unlike the broad sector that bounced back after the […] The post Why CalAmp (CAMP) might need to go the extra mile to cheer shareholders first appeared on AlphaStreet .
CalAmp (CAMP) has been upgraded to a Zacks Rank 2 (Buy), reflecting growing optimism about the company's earnings prospects. This might drive the stock higher in the near term.
Shares of CalAmp Corp. plunged 10.2% on Friday after J.P. Morgan downgraded the stock to Sell from Hold and maintained a price target of $11 (13.5% upside potential). J.P. Morgan analyst Paul Coster cut the stock's rating to “reflect the ongoing uncertainty regarding the firm’s long-term growth prospects.” “In our view, the risks are quite elevated at present, the stock is close to fair-value, and we are sidelined,” Coster commented. The analyst added that “we are not calling for investors to short this stock, but we do expect CAMP (CAMP) to underperform the mean of our coverage over the next 6-12 months.” On Dec.
CAMP Price Returns
Continue Researching CAMPHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on CalAmp Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!