Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- Over the past six years, CAT has issued more dividends than 94.31% of other dividend-issuing US stocks.
- Free cash flow for CAT has decreased for the 5th quarter in a row.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with CAT's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: SM, CBAN, PLCE, OXSQ and HPP.
CAT Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. Regarding Caterpillar Inc, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a negative return of 17.45% relative to its current price. To help understand and contextualize the model's evaluation of CAT, investors may wish to consider are:
- As for its position relative to other Industrials stocks that issue dividends, CAT provides shareholders with a dividend yield greater than 74.31% such stocks.
- If we compare the valuation opportunity a dividend discount model provides relative to other dividend stocks in the Industrials sector, the expected return of -17.45%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than 69.72% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, CAT has a discount rate lower than 69.72% of them (a lower discount rate is associated with lower risk).
CAT Dividend Chart
CAT Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|