Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- CAT has issued more total dividends (as measured in absolute US dollars) over the past six years than 94.32% of other US stocks currently paying dividends.
- If you care about predictable cash flow, note that CAT reports less variability in its free cash flow than 93.43% of the dividend stocks we're tracking.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with CAT's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: RDY, PAAS, APD, ZYXI and HAPP.
CAT Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a valuation model that attempts to determine a fair share price for a stock, based on the dividend it provides in comparison to several company-specific metrics indicative of the riskiness of the stock and the financial health of the company. As for CAT, the dividend discount model StockNews created for the company implies a negative return of 24.23%. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for Caterpillar Inc are:
- In comparison to other stocks in the Industrials sector, Caterpillar Inc offers a higher dividend yield than 76.26% of them.
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Industrials sector, the expected return of -24.23%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than 75.8% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, Caterpillar Inc bears a discount rate, according to our calculations, lower than 75.8% of them (lower discount rates are generally perceived as positive, and a sign of lower risk).
CAT Dividend Chart
CAT Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|