CONSOL Energy Inc. (CEIX): Price and Financial Metrics
CEIX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$102.23||52-week high||$112.49|
|Prev. close||$103.37||52-week low||$49.35|
|Day high||$105.07||Avg. volume||671,515|
|50-day MA||$101.01||Dividend yield||2.11%|
|200-day MA||$75.12||Market Cap||3.17B|
CEIX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CEIX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CEIX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.38% of US stocks.
- CEIX's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CEIX ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
CEIX Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.28, CONSOL ENERGY INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about merely 5.05% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -53.6%, CONSOL ENERGY INC's debt growth rate surpasses only 5.08% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for CEIX comes in at 22.02% -- higher than that of 91.21% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CEIX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AMPY, ML, SXC, DMLP, and WOW.
- CEIX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CONSOL ENERGY INC's official web site, go to www.consolenergy.com.
CEIX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CEIX's EV/EBIT ratio is 71.54% lower, now standing at 3.5.
- CEIX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 10.1 over the prior 72 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CEIX.
CEIX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CEIX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.92% of graded US stocks.
- CEIX's asset turnover comes in at 0.433 -- ranking 8th of 9 Coal stocks.
- ARLP, HCC, and ARCH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CEIX.
The table below shows CEIX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CONSOL Energy Inc. (CEIX) Company Bio
CONSOL Energy Inc. engages in the production of bituminous coal. It focuses on the extraction and preparation of coal in the Appalachian basin. It operates through Pennsylvania Mining Complex segment, which consists of mining, preparation, and marketing of thermal coal, sold primarily to power generators. The company operates through the following segments: PAMC and CONSOL Marine Terminal. The PAMC segment includes mining, preparation and marketing of thermal coal. The CONSOL Marine Terminal segment provides coal export terminal services. CONSOL Energy was founded in 1864 and is headquartered in Canonsburg, PA.
CEIX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CEIX Latest Social Stream
View Full CEIX Social Stream
Latest CEIX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CONSOL ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CEIX as an investment opportunity.
Greenlight Capital, an investment management firm, released its third quarter 2023 investor letter, a copy of which can be downloaded here. In the third quarter of 2023, the Greenlight Capital funds achieved a net return of 12.9%, factoring in fees and expenses. Over the initial nine months of 2023, the net return stood at 27.7%, […]
Zacks Investment Ideas feature highlights: Enphase Energy, Consol Energy, Warrior Met Coal, Geo Group and General Dynamics
Enphase Energy, Consol Energy, Warrior Met Coal, Geo Group and General Dynamics are part of the Zacks Investment Ideas article.
Insights from the Value Investing Maven's Latest 13F Filing
The billionaire hedge fund manager sees stocks going lower as crude oil prices rise in coming months, a warning to investors.
CONSOL Energy Inc. (NYSE:CEIX) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript October 31, 2023 Operator: Good morning and welcome to CONSOL Energy’s Third Quarter 2023 Earnings Conference Call. All participants will be in listen-only mode. [Operator Instructions] After today’s presentation, there will be an opportunity to ask questions. [Operator Instructions] Please note this event is being recorded. […]
CEIX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|