CONSOL Energy Inc. (CEIX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CEIX POWR Grades
- CEIX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 97.95% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CEIX is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CEIX's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 7.88% of US stocks).
CEIX Stock Summary
- CONSOL Energy Inc's stock had its IPO on November 29, 2017, making it an older stock than merely 15.78% of US equities in our set.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for CONSOL Energy Inc is higher than only 13.13% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of CONSOL Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 12.9% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CEIX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GNK, MTDR, SXC, ARLP, and AMR.
- CEIX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CONSOL Energy Inc's official web site, go to www.consolenergy.com.
CEIX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CEIX's price/sales ratio is 69.57% lower, now standing at 0.7.
- Over the past 46 months, CEIX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 0.3.
- CEIX's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 46 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CEIX.
CEIX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CEIX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.92% of graded US stocks.
- CEIX's asset turnover comes in at 0.433 -- ranking 8th of 9 Coal stocks.
- ARLP, HCC, and ARCH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CEIX.
The table below shows CEIX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CEIX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CEIX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$52.00||52-week high||$55.26|
|Prev. close||$52.22||52-week low||$13.03|
|Day high||$53.15||Avg. volume||670,741|
|50-day MA||$43.93||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$30.41||Market Cap||1.81B|
CONSOL Energy Inc. (CEIX) Company Bio
CONSOL Energy Inc. engages in the production of bituminous coal. It focuses on the extraction and preparation of coal in the Appalachian basin. It operates through Pennsylvania Mining Complex segment, which consists of mining, preparation, and marketing of thermal coal, sold primarily to power generators. The company operates through the following segments: PAMC and CONSOL Marine Terminal. The PAMC segment includes mining, preparation and marketing of thermal coal. The CONSOL Marine Terminal segment provides coal export terminal services. CONSOL Energy was founded in 1864 and is headquartered in Canonsburg, PA.
Most Popular Stories View All
CEIX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CEIX Latest Social Stream
View Full CEIX Social Stream
Latest CEIX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CONSOL Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CEIX as an investment opportunity.
It's been a volatile day in energy markets, as oil futures traded up ~9% before falling almost 7% into the close. Despite rumors in Europe, formally announced sanctions from the West largely avoided any impediments to Russian energy exports. Expulsion from the SWIFT payments system was also avoided, though Biden...
Companies in The News Are: COTY,LEA,VIRT,CEIX
CONSOL Energy (NYSE:CEIX) reported earnings before the bell Tuesday, with underlying earnings of ~86c per share versus street expectations for 84c. Including unrealized hedge gains, earnings were $3.30. Underlying free cash flow was ~$63m or ~7.5% of the current market cap (~30% annualized). In commenting on operations in the quarter, Management...
Consol's CEO said during a conference call with analysts Tuesday that Itmann's first full year of full production will likely grow Consol's revenue and production in 2023.
Consol (NYSE: CEIX) announced earlier in the day that it was fully contracted for 2022 and had about 11.4 million tons of coal under contract for 2023.
CEIX Price Returns