CONSOL Energy Inc. (CEIX): Price and Financial Metrics
CEIX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$96.85||52-week high||$100.70|
|Prev. close||$97.10||52-week low||$49.35|
|Day high||$97.33||Avg. volume||721,090|
|50-day MA||$83.46||Dividend yield||4.71%|
|200-day MA||$66.35||Market Cap||3.10B|
CEIX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CEIX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CEIX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.11% of US stocks.
- CEIX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- CEIX ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
CEIX Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.05, CONSOL ENERGY INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 5.26% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -52.56%, CONSOL ENERGY INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 5.38% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, CONSOL ENERGY INC is reporting a growth rate of 352.03%; that's higher than 95.98% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CONSOL ENERGY INC, a group of peers worth examining would be ARLP, SXC, MIGI, PLBY, and DXC.
- CEIX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CONSOL ENERGY INC's official web site, go to www.consolenergy.com.
CEIX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CEIX's price/sales ratio is 38.89% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- Over the past 70 months, CEIX's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CEIX.
CEIX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CEIX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 87.92% of graded US stocks.
- CEIX's asset turnover comes in at 0.433 -- ranking 8th of 9 Coal stocks.
- ARLP, HCC, and ARCH are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CEIX.
The table below shows CEIX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CONSOL Energy Inc. (CEIX) Company Bio
CONSOL Energy Inc. engages in the production of bituminous coal. It focuses on the extraction and preparation of coal in the Appalachian basin. It operates through Pennsylvania Mining Complex segment, which consists of mining, preparation, and marketing of thermal coal, sold primarily to power generators. The company operates through the following segments: PAMC and CONSOL Marine Terminal. The PAMC segment includes mining, preparation and marketing of thermal coal. The CONSOL Marine Terminal segment provides coal export terminal services. CONSOL Energy was founded in 1864 and is headquartered in Canonsburg, PA.
CEIX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CEIX Latest Social Stream
View Full CEIX Social Stream
Latest CEIX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CONSOL ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CEIX as an investment opportunity.
Peabody Energy, CONSOL Energy and SunCoke Energy are part of the Zacks Industry Outlook article.
Despite the expected drop in U.S. coal production volumes, coal producers like Peabody Energy (BTU), CONSOL Energy (CEIX) and SunCoke Energy (SXC) are likely to remain competitive with improving export volumes.
CONSOL Energy (CEIX) shares have jumped 43% in 2023. This uptrend is being powered by outsized demand for the stock.
Black Bear Value Partners, an investment management firm, published its second quarter 2023 investor letter, a copy of which can be downloaded here. Black Bear Value Fund returned +4.4%, net, in June and +14.0%, net, YTD, compared to the HFRI Value Index, which returned +3.3% in June and is +5.9% YTD. During the same period, the […]
Buy these promising value stocks with excellent fundamentals that will outperform regardless of what interest rates do from here.
CEIX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|