Century Aluminum Company (CENX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CENX POWR Grades
- CENX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 96.94% of US stocks.
- CENX's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- CENX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 4.22% of US stocks).
CENX Stock Summary
- Century Aluminum Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.93% of US listed stocks.
- For CENX, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 88.84% of US equities we're observing.
- Over the past twelve months, CENX has reported earnings growth of 714.57%, putting it ahead of 96.56% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CENX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are NATH, LOAN, SBS, CPAC, and ELP.
- Visit CENX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to centuryaluminum.com.
CENX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CENX's EV/EBIT ratio is 135.53% lower, now standing at -5.4.
- CENX's price/earnings ratio has moved down 22 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CENX's price/earnings ratio has gone down 22.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CENX.
CENX Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -81.93%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -81.59%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -67.95%.
The table below shows CENX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CENX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CENX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.99% of graded US stocks.
- CENX's asset turnover comes in at 1.259 -- ranking 13th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- GLW, TWI, and FRD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CENX.
The table below shows CENX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CENX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CENX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.43||52-week high||$19.60|
|Prev. close||$16.05||52-week low||$6.27|
|Day high||$15.78||Avg. volume||1,600,929|
|50-day MA||$13.43||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$13.88||Market Cap||1.39B|
Century Aluminum Company (CENX) Company Bio
Century Aluminum Company produces primary aluminum in the United States and Iceland. It produces standard grade and value-added primary aluminum products; and carbon products, such as anodes and cathodes. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
CENX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CENX Latest Social Stream
View Full CENX Social Stream
Latest CENX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Century Aluminum Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CENX as an investment opportunity.
(Bloomberg) -- A gauge of commodities soared to an all-time high as a resurgence in demand for raw materials collides with supply constraints, working to fan fears of inflation around the world.Most Read from BloombergChristmas at Risk as Supply Chain ‘Disaster’ Only Gets WorseReshaped by Crisis, an ‘Anti-Biennial’ Reimagines ChicagoThis Is What Europe’s Green Future Looks LikeAn Unapologetic Old Boys’ Network Is Costing Australia BillionsGhana’s Record Cocoa Harvest Is Bittersweet for Export In
Century Aluminum (CENX) is seeing positive earnings estimate revisions, suggesting that it could be a solid choice for investors.
Shares of aluminum-producer Century Aluminum (NASDAQ: CENX) rose a whopping 11.4% as of 3 p.m. EDT today. Given that stocks across the aluminum sector, such as Alcoa and Kaiser Aluminum, rose strongly, as well, it's fair to say that this is a sector-wide move rather than purely a stock-specific one. China is responsible for producing 60% of the world's aluminum, so a slump in demand from China would create a glut that would play out in lower global prices.
In trading on Wednesday, shares of Century Aluminum Co. (Symbol: CENX) crossed above their 200 day moving average of $13.42, changing hands as high as $13.68 per share. Century Aluminum Co. shares are currently trading up about 5.3% on the day. The chart below shows the one year performance of CENX shares, versus its 200  The post CENX Crosses Above Key Moving Average Level appeared first on UK Stocks, Forex, Commodities, Crypto, Live Market News- Daily Forex News .
The five-year returns have been splendid for Century Aluminum (NASDAQ:CENX) shareholders despite underlying losses increasing
When you buy shares in a company, it's worth keeping in mind the possibility that it could fail, and you could lose...
CENX Price Returns