Century Aluminum Company (CENX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CENX POWR Grades
- CENX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.4% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CENX is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 198 days.
- CENX ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
CENX Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Century Aluminum Co is higher than 86.21% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Century Aluminum Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.32% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Century Aluminum Co is higher than it is for about 87.78% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CENX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ELP, SBS, PXS, NGD, and X.
- CENX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Century Aluminum Co's official web site, go to centuryaluminum.com.
CENX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CENX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.24||52-week high||$19.60|
|Prev. close||$17.06||52-week low||$4.08|
|Day high||$17.94||Avg. volume||1,404,467|
|50-day MA||$16.37||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$11.47||Market Cap||1.55B|
Century Aluminum Company (CENX) Company Bio
Century Aluminum Company produces primary aluminum in the United States and Iceland. It produces standard grade and value-added primary aluminum products; and carbon products, such as anodes and cathodes. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
CENX Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Century Aluminum Co. To summarize, we found that Century Aluminum Co ranked in the 6th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 98%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for CENX, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.58 years comes in at -0.3%; that's greater than merely 5.22% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Century Aluminum Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -3. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 14.84% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Century Aluminum Co experienced a tax rate of about 3% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Basic Materials), this tax rate is higher than only 22.62% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CENX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CENX Latest Social Stream
View Full CENX Social Stream
Latest CENX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Century Aluminum Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CENX as an investment opportunity.
Does the May share price for Century Aluminum Company ( NASDAQ:CENX ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we will...
Gainers: [[CENX]] +3.5%. [[PLBY]] +2.9%. [[CLLS]] +2.7%. [[RAIL]] +2.6%. [[SGMS]] +2.0%.Losers: [[STKL]] -4.5%. [[MVIS]] -3.3%. [[LNDC]] -3.2%. [[CVET]] -3.2%. [[BRY]] -2.8%....
Century Aluminum and USW Ratify New Labor Agreement at Hawesville Smelter; Company to Add 60 New Jobs
CHICAGO, April 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Century Aluminum of Kentucky General Partnership (the "Company"), a subsidiary of Century Aluminum Company (NASDAQ: CENX) ("Century"), announced today that a new, five-year collective bargaining agreement was ratified by the United Steelworkers Local 9423 on April 16, 2021 for the Company's Hawesville, Kentucky smelter. The new contract will run until April 1, 2026. In addition, the Company will also be adding approximately 60 new jobs at the smelter. “We are pleased to reach a new agreement with the Steelworkers, and excited about adding these new positions as our expansion continues," said Gunnar Gudlaugsson, Century’s Executive Vice President, Global Operations, and Dayan Neves, Hawesville’s plant manager. "These productive negotiations bet...
Century Aluminum Company Closes Private Offering of Convertible Senior Notes; Announces Full Exercise of Initial Purchasers’ Option to Purchase Additional Convertible Senior Notes
CHICAGO, April 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Century Aluminum Company (NASDAQ: CENX) (“Century”) announced today that it closed its private offering of 2.75% convertible senior notes due May 1, 2028 (the “Notes”) for gross proceeds of $86.25 million, including the full exercise of the option to purchase $11.25 million additional principal amount of Notes granted by Century to the initial purchasers. The net proceeds from the offering were approximately $82.9 million, after deducting the initial purchasers' discount and commissions and estimated offering expenses payable by Century. A portion the net proceeds from the offering of the Notes, together with the net proceeds anticipated to be received from Century’s concurrent private offering of $250 million aggregate principal amount of 7.5...
Century Aluminum Company Prices Concurrent Private Offerings of Senior Secured Notes and Convertible Senior Notes
CHICAGO, April 07, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Century Aluminum Company (NASDAQ: CENX) (“Century”) announced today that it had priced its private offering (the “Secured Notes Offering”) of $250 million aggregate principal amount of 7.50% senior secured notes due April 2028 (the “Secured Notes”) and its private offering (the “Convertible Notes Offering”) of $75 million aggregate principal amount of 2.75% convertible senior notes due May 2028 (the “Convertible Notes”). The Secured Notes Offering is expected to close on April 14, 2021 and the Convertible Notes Offering is expected to close on April 9, 2021. The closing of each of the Secured Notes Offering and the Convertible Notes Offering is subject to customary closing conditions. All net proceeds from the Secured Notes Offering and a port...
CENX Price Returns