Century Aluminum Company (CENX): Price and Financial Metrics
CENX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.37||52-week high||$12.97|
|Prev. close||$7.67||52-week low||$5.70|
|Day high||$7.90||Avg. volume||1,371,941|
|50-day MA||$6.93||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$8.31||Market Cap||681.02M|
CENX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CENX POWR Grades
- CENX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 93.33% of US stocks.
- CENX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- CENX's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 3.6% of US stocks).
CENX Stock Summary
- CENTURY ALUMINUM CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 93.75% of US listed stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for CENTURY ALUMINUM CO is higher than 97% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, CENTURY ALUMINUM CO is reporting a growth rate of -171.64%; that's higher than just 7.94% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to CENTURY ALUMINUM CO, a group of peers worth examining would be CNTY, PTVE, HRI, GLT, and SLGN.
- Visit CENX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to centuryaluminum.com.
CENX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CENX's price/sales ratio is 76.92% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- CENX's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CENX.
CENX Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -67.74%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 243.55%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 518.82%.
The table below shows CENX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CENX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CENX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 31.88% of graded US stocks.
- CENX's asset turnover comes in at 1.259 -- ranking 13th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- TWI, GLW, and FRD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CENX.
The table below shows CENX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Century Aluminum Company (CENX) Company Bio
Century Aluminum Company produces primary aluminum in the United States and Iceland. It produces standard grade and value-added primary aluminum products; and carbon products, such as anodes and cathodes. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
CENX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CENX Latest Social Stream
View Full CENX Social Stream
Latest CENX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CENTURY ALUMINUM CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CENX as an investment opportunity.
Century Aluminum's (CENX) partnership with USW reflects a continuous commitment to expanding opportunities for employees in the competitive aluminum industry.
Century Aluminum Company (NASDAQ:CENX) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 8, 2023 Century Aluminum Company misses on earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $-0.45455 EPS, expectations were $-0.19. Operator: Good afternoon, and thank you for attending today’s Century Aluminum Third Quarter Earnings Call. My name is Jason, and I’ll be the moderator for the call today. […]
Century Aluminum (CENX) reports better-than-expected Q3 results amid lower aluminum prices.
Q3 2023 Century Aluminum Co Earnings Call
CHICAGO, Nov. 09, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Century Aluminum Sebree LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Century Aluminum Company (NASDAQ: CENX) (“Century”), announced today that a new, five-year collective bargaining agreement with the United Steelworkers (“USW”) Local 9443-00 was ratified on November 8th, 2023, for the Century Sebree aluminum smelter in Robards, KY. The agreement is effective immediately and runs through October 28, 2028, covering approximately 460 hourly workers at the Century Se
CENX Price Returns