Century Aluminum Company (CENX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CENX POWR Grades
- CENX scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 73.81% of US stocks.
- CENX's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- CENX's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 1.52% of US stocks).
CENX Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for CENX is 5.63 -- better than 92.3% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for CENTURY ALUMINUM CO is higher than 97.92% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The volatility of CENTURY ALUMINUM CO's share price is greater than that of 95.81% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CENX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are X, ZNH, ARLP, HNRG, and APLE.
- CENX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CENTURY ALUMINUM CO's official web site, go to centuryaluminum.com.
CENX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, CENX's price/sales ratio is 84.21% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- CENX's price/earnings ratio has moved up 10.7 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CENX.
CENX Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 154.22%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 11.95%.
- The 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 89.71%.
The table below shows CENX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CENX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CENX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 31.88% of graded US stocks.
- CENX's asset turnover comes in at 1.259 -- ranking 13th of 41 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- TWI, GLW, and FRD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CENX.
The table below shows CENX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CENX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CENX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.47||52-week high||$30.36|
|Prev. close||$8.81||52-week low||$5.27|
|Day high||$9.55||Avg. volume||2,134,113|
|50-day MA||$7.23||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$12.66||Market Cap||865.06M|
Century Aluminum Company (CENX) Company Bio
Century Aluminum Company produces primary aluminum in the United States and Iceland. It produces standard grade and value-added primary aluminum products; and carbon products, such as anodes and cathodes. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
CENX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CENX Latest Social Stream
View Full CENX Social Stream
Latest CENX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CENTURY ALUMINUM CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CENX as an investment opportunity.
Century (CENX) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).
Century (CENX) could be a great choice for investors looking to buy stocks that have gained strong momentum recently but are still trading at reasonable prices. It is one of the several stocks that made it through our 'Fast-Paced Momentum at a Bargain' screen.
Century Aluminum (CENX) sees sequentially lower shipments in Q3 due to lower volumes from the Hawesville plant related to the curtailment of production at the facility.
The consensus price target hints at an 83.6% upside potential for Century (CENX). While empirical research shows that this sought-after metric is hardly effective, an upward trend in earnings estimate revisions could mean that the stock will witness an upside in the near term.
Century Aluminum ( NASDAQ:CENX ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$637.2m (up 9.6% from 3Q...
CENX Price Returns