Churchill Downs, Incorporated (CHDN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CHDN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where CHDN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.93% of US stocks.
- CHDN's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- CHDN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
CHDN Stock Summary
- Churchill Downs Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.59% of US listed stocks.
- For CHDN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 94.13% of US equities we're observing.
- Over the past twelve months, CHDN has reported earnings growth of -766.36%, putting it ahead of merely 2.73% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Churchill Downs Inc are AHCO, SABR, HLX, VIST, and OR.
- Visit CHDN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.churchilldownsincorporated.com.
CHDN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, CHDN's price/sales ratio is 292.86% higher, now standing at 5.5.
- CHDN's price/earnings ratio has moved up 19.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, CHDN's price/sales ratio has gone up 4.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CHDN.
CHDN Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 8.84%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 47.37%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -121.85%.
The table below shows CHDN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CHDN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CHDN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 82% of graded US stocks.
- CHDN's asset turnover comes in at 0.497 -- ranking 14th of 43 Entertainment stocks.
- WMG, PLNT, and SEAS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CHDN.
The table below shows CHDN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CHDN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CHDN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$240.39||52-week high||$258.32|
|Prev. close||$238.01||52-week low||$147.06|
|Day high||$241.11||Avg. volume||271,360|
|50-day MA||$202.73||Dividend yield||0.26%|
|200-day MA||$208.22||Market Cap||9.26B|
Churchill Downs, Incorporated (CHDN) Company Bio
Churchill Downs provides pari-mutuel horse-racing, online account wagering on horseracing, and casino gaming services. It operates in five segments: Racing, Casinos, TwinSpires, Big Fish Games, Inc., and Other Investments. The company was founded in 1928 and is based in Louisville, Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories View All
CHDN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CHDN Latest Social Stream
View Full CHDN Social Stream
Latest CHDN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Churchill Downs Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CHDN as an investment opportunity.
Churchill Downs Incorporated Announces Proposal to Develop the Queen of Terre Haute Casino Resort in Vigo County, Indiana
CDI submitted a proposal to develop the Queen of Terre Haute Casino Resort. Logo concept for the destination gaming facility in Vigo County, IN. Exterior rendering of the Queen of Terre Haute Casino Resort. The development will feature up to 1,000 slot machines, 50 table games, a 125-room luxury hotel, a state-of-the-art TwinSpires sportsbook and several food & beverage offerings. LOUISVILLE, Ky., Sept. 22, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Churchill Downs Incorporated (“CDI” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: C
Casino stocks have taken a big hit this week on fears about regulatory crackdowns in the Macau, China market. However, one Wall Street analyst said now is a great time to step in and selectively buy the dip in gambling stocks with limited exposure to China. The Analyst: Wells Fargo analyst Daniel Politzer has initiated coverage of the following 12 casino stocks: MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM ) initiated at Overweight with a $55 price target. Caesars Entertainment Inc (NASDAQ: CZR ) initiated at Overweight with a $137 price target. Boyd Gaming Corporation (NYSE: BYD ) initiated at Overweight with a $92 price target. Red Rock Resorts Inc (NASDAQ: RRR ) initiated at Overweight with a $62 price target. Churchill Downs, Inc. (NASDAQ: CHDN ) initiated at Overweight with a $255 price ta...
Group seeking to buy Arlington International and keep horse racing there says sellers casino interest could stymie its bid, open door for others like Bears
A finalist trying to buy Arlington Park says Churchill Downs'' acting to prevent horse racing and gambling at the site may kill such developments and favor the Chicago Bears'' bid.
LOUISVILLE, Ky., Sept. 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Churchill Downs Incorporated (CDI or the Company) (Nasdaq: CHDN) announced today that the Companys operations in Louisiana were closed due to Hurricane Ida and remain closed at this time. CDIs Louisiana operations include the Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots property and 15 Off-Track Betting facilities (OTBs).
LOUISVILLE, Ky., Sept. 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Churchill Downs Incorporated (“CDI” or the “Company”) (Nasdaq: CHDN) announced today that the Company’s operations in Louisiana were closed due to Hurricane Ida and remain closed at this time. CDI’s Louisiana operations include the Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots property and 15 Off-Track Betting facilities (“OTBs”). CDI continues to evaluate the damage to these properties and is actively developing plans for the re-opening of each property. C
CHDN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|