Chimerix, Inc. (CMRX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMRX POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where CMRX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.71% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMRX is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- CMRX ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
CMRX Stock Summary
- CMRX's current price/earnings ratio is 1.25, which is higher than merely 0.78% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -88.09%, CHIMERIX INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 1.62% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that CMRX's revenue has grown 982.74% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 98.92% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CHIMERIX INC are ATRA, ARCT, BOLT, RGNX, and VIR.
- Visit CMRX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chimerix.com.
CMRX Valuation Summary
- CMRX's price/sales ratio is 5.9; this is 195% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 117 months, CMRX's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 118.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMRX.
CMRX Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -10.11%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -0.38%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -21.65%.
The table below shows CMRX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMRX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMRX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.17% of graded US stocks.
- CMRX's asset turnover comes in at 0.038 -- ranking 340th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- CDXC, NAII, and PLX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMRX.
The table below shows CMRX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMRX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMRX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.25||52-week high||$7.42|
|Prev. close||$2.35||52-week low||$1.27|
|Day high||$2.30||Avg. volume||2,746,562|
|50-day MA||$1.94||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.94||Market Cap||198.10M|
Chimerix, Inc. (CMRX) Company Bio
Chimerix is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering, developing and commercializing novel, oral antivirals in areas of high unmet medical need. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Durham, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
CMRX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMRX Latest Social Stream
View Full CMRX Social Stream
Latest CMRX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CHIMERIX INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMRX as an investment opportunity.
Chimerix (CMRX) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy).
Highlights Confidence in Ongoing Strategy and Future Clinical Development PlansDURHAM, N.C., Nov. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chimerix (NASDAQ:CMRX), a biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to develop medicines that meaningfully improve and extend the lives of patients facing deadly diseases, issued the following statement regarding a press release issued today by Rubric Capital Management: At Chimerix, we focus on oncology therapies most likely to have profound impact on patients and crea
NEW YORK, November 10, 2022--Rubric Capital Management LP ("Rubric"), an investment adviser whose managed funds and accounts collectively own approximately 8.5% of the common stock of Chimerix, Inc. ("Chimerix" or the "Company") (NASDAQ: CMRX), today sent a letter to Chimerix’s Board of Directors (the "Board").
Chimerix, Vista Oil & Gas and Arcus Biosciences have been highlighted in this Screen of The Week article.
A Durham biopharmaceutical company has established a new therapeutic focus after closing the sale of its sole commercial product.
CMRX Price Returns