Chimerix, Inc. (CMRX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMRX POWR Grades
- CMRX scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 54.39% of US stocks.
- CMRX's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- CMRX's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 4.64% of US stocks).
CMRX Stock Summary
- CMRX's price/sales ratio is 213.28; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 98.67% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 482.52%, Chimerix Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 97.09% of about US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Chimerix Inc comes in at -63.16%, a number that bests only 2.34% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Chimerix Inc are PTN, SMSI, OPTT, AWRE, and AKBA.
- Visit CMRX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.chimerix.com.
CMRX Valuation Summary
- CMRX's price/earnings ratio is -4.4; this is 112.05% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- CMRX's price/sales ratio has moved up 121.5 over the prior 102 months.
- Over the past 102 months, CMRX's price/sales ratio has gone up 121.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMRX.
CMRX Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 13.24%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 13.24%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 11.04%.
The table below shows CMRX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMRX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMRX has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.17% of graded US stocks.
- CMRX's asset turnover comes in at 0.038 -- ranking 340th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- CDXC, NAII, and PLX are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMRX.
The table below shows CMRX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMRX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMRX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.77||52-week high||$9.29|
|Prev. close||$1.79||52-week low||$1.57|
|Day high||$1.82||Avg. volume||2,139,013|
|50-day MA||$4.26||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.59||Market Cap||154.76M|
Chimerix, Inc. (CMRX) Company Bio
Chimerix is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering, developing and commercializing novel, oral antivirals in areas of high unmet medical need. The company was founded in 2000 and is based in Durham, North Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
CMRX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMRX Latest Social Stream
View Full CMRX Social Stream
Latest CMRX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Chimerix Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMRX as an investment opportunity.
The program designed to confront future pandemics has received $18 million in state funds to build its management team.
Chimerix, in Collaboration with the Rapidly Emerging Antiviral Drug Development Initiative (READDI) at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, Announces Late-Breaking Oral Presentation at International Conference on Antiviral Research
CMX521 Significantly Reduced Lung Viral Titer and Clinical Symptoms in a SARS-CoV-2 Mouse ModelDURHAM, N.C., Feb. 24, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chimerix (NASDAQ:CMRX), in collaboration with the Rapidly Emerging Antiviral Drug Development Initiative at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, today announced that preclinical data from the Company’s CMX521 program will be featured in a late-breaking oral presentation session at the International Conference on Antiviral Research (ICAR) on We
Chimerix to Report Fourth Quarter and Year End 2021 Financial Results and Provide an Operational Update on March 1, 2022
DURHAM, N.C., Feb. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Chimerix (NASDAQ:CMRX), a biopharmaceutical company whose mission it is to develop medicines that meaningfully improve and extend the lives of patients facing deadly diseases, today announced that it will host a live conference call and audio webcast on Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 8:30 a.m. ET to report financial results for the fourth quarter and full-year ended December 31, 2021, and to provide a business overview. To access the live conference cal
Chimerix (CMRX) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
The company's antiviral drug for smallpox was approved in 2021 and could end being added to the nation's Strategic National Stockpile.
CMRX Price Returns