Comtech Telecommunications Corp. (CMTL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMTL POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where CMTL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 64.74% of US stocks.
- CMTL's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- CMTL's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 11.12% of US stocks).
CMTL Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP is higher than 97.9% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- As for revenue growth, note that CMTL's revenue has grown -16.41% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 9.74% of US companies in our set.
- COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 24.11%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.81% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be BLIN, NTGR, CEMI, INPX, and STRM.
- CMTL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP's official web site, go to www.comtechtel.com.
CMTL Valuation Summary
- CMTL's EV/EBIT ratio is -15.5; this is 185.16% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- CMTL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 35.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMTL.
CMTL Growth Metrics
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -16.24%.
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 259.18%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -23.81%.
The table below shows CMTL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMTL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMTL has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 11.6% of graded US stocks.
- CMTL's asset turnover comes in at 0.603 -- ranking 125th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- VSAT, CODA, and NNDM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMTL.
The table below shows CMTL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMTL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMTL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.62||52-week high||$26.58|
|Prev. close||$11.47||52-week low||$8.42|
|Day high||$11.76||Avg. volume||144,590|
|50-day MA||$10.59||Dividend yield||3.44%|
|200-day MA||$12.66||Market Cap||322.75M|
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. (CMTL) Company Bio
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. designs, develops, produces, and markets products, systems, and services for communications solutions in the United States and internationally. The company operates in three segments: Telecommunications Transmission, RF Microwave Amplifiers, and Mobile Data Communications. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Melville, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
CMTL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMTL Latest Social Stream
View Full CMTL Social Stream
Latest CMTL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about COMTECH TELECOMMUNICATIONS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMTL as an investment opportunity.
MELVILLE, N.Y., November 08, 2022--November 8, 2022 – Comtech (NASDAQ: CMTL) today announced that it will participate in the 14th annual Southwest IDEAS Investor Conference on Wednesday, November 16, 2022, at the Westin Dallas Downtown in Dallas, TX. The Company’s presentation is scheduled to begin at 8:00AM CT. The presentation will be webcast and may be accessed through the conference host’s main website: www.IDEASconferences.com and in the investor relations section of the Company's website:
In this article, we discuss the 10 best technology dividend stocks to buy. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to 5 Best Technology Dividend Stocks To Buy. Dividend investing has come to limelight again in 2022 as the broader market suffered a massive downturn which is expected to […]
Comtech Telecommunications Corp (NASDAQ: CMTL), during its first quarter of fiscal 2023, won over $50.0 million of incremental funding on an existing contract to provide next-generation troposcatter systems in support of the U.S. military. For over 50 years, Comtech has designed and supplied modernized troposcatter technologies. In October, Comtech won over a $30 million contract with a multinational data networking and telecommunications equipment company for their text messaging platform. "We
Comtech Awarded Incremental Funding to Supply Troposcatter Equipment in Support of U.S. Military Next Generation Troposcatter System
MELVILLE, N.Y., October 27, 2022--October 27, 2022-- Comtech (NASDAQ: CMTL) announced today that during its first quarter of fiscal 2023, the Company was awarded over $50.0 million of incremental funding on an existing contract to provide next generation troposcatter systems in support of the U.S. military. For over 50 years, Comtech has been a world leader in the design and supply of modernized troposcatter technologies. Our Troposcatter Family of Systems are just one way that Comtech helps to
Analysts Offer Insights on Technology Companies: Comtech Telecommunications (CMTL) and Bombardier (OtherBDRBF)
There's a lot to be optimistic about in the Technology sector as 2 analysts just weighed in on Comtech Telecommunications (CMTL – Research Report) and Bombardier (BDRBF – Research Report) with bullish sentiments. Comtech Telecommunications (CMTL) Noble Financial analyst Joe Gomes maintained a Buy rating on Comtech Telecommunications on October 20 and set a price target of $15.00. The company's shares closed last Tuesday at $9.59, close to its 52-week low of $8.42. According to TipRanks.
CMTL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CMTLHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Comtech Telecommunications Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Comtech Telecommunications Corp (CMTL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Comtech Telecommunications Corp (CMTL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Comtech Telecommunications Corp (CMTL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch