Comtech Telecommunications Corp. (CMTL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
CMTL POWR Grades
- CMTL scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 64.43% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for CMTL is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- CMTL's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 12.65% of US stocks).
CMTL Stock Summary
- CMTL's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1.46 -- higher than only 7.31% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 37.1%, Comtech Telecommunications Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 83.5% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, CMTL has reported earnings growth of -543.63%, putting it ahead of only 4.15% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Comtech Telecommunications Corp are PHAR, LIVN, CBAT, EGY, and COHR.
- CMTL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Comtech Telecommunications Corp's official web site, go to www.comtechtel.com.
CMTL Valuation Summary
- CMTL's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 79.82% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, CMTL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 39.3.
- CMTL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 39.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for CMTL.
CMTL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -6.37%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 91.44%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 342.28%.
The table below shows CMTL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
CMTL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- CMTL has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 12.65% of graded US stocks.
- CMTL's asset turnover comes in at 0.603 -- ranking 124th of 206 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- VSAT, CODA, and NNDM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with CMTL.
The table below shows CMTL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
CMTL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CMTL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.22||52-week high||$30.40|
|Prev. close||$22.20||52-week low||$14.23|
|Day high||$22.41||Avg. volume||205,018|
|50-day MA||$24.72||Dividend yield||1.8%|
|200-day MA||$24.92||Market Cap||585.19M|
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. (CMTL) Company Bio
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. designs, develops, produces, and markets products, systems, and services for communications solutions in the United States and internationally. The company operates in three segments: Telecommunications Transmission, RF Microwave Amplifiers, and Mobile Data Communications. The company was founded in 1967 and is based in Melville, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
CMTL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CMTL Latest Social Stream
View Full CMTL Social Stream
Latest CMTL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Comtech Telecommunications Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CMTL as an investment opportunity.
Comtech (CMTL) receives a $100 million capital infusion from investment entities, White Hat and Magnetar, to accelerate its long-term growth strategy and improve financial flexibility.
MELVILLE, N.Y., October 18, 2021--October 18, 2021-- Comtech Telecommunications Corp. (NASDAQ: CMTL), a leading global provider of next-generation 911 emergency systems and secure wireless communications technologies, announced today, that during its first quarter of fiscal year 2022, it launched a new cybersecurity brand, CyberStronger™.
Comtech Telecommunications Corp (NASDAQ: CMTL) announced a 0.0 million investment by current shareholder White Hat Capital Partners LP and Magnetar Capital. White Hat and Magnetar will initially purchase $100.0 million of convertible preferred stock, convertible into shares at $24.50 per share, subject to potential adjustment to $26.00 per share based on Comtech's FY22 financial performance. The preferred stock carries a 6.5% dividend, payable in kind or cash at Comtech's election. Until March 3
MELVILLE, N.Y., October 18, 2021--October 18, 2021-- Comtech Telecommunications Corp. (NASDAQ: CMTL), a leading global provider of next-generation 911 emergency systems and secure wireless communications technologies, today announced a $100.0 million investment by current shareholder White Hat Capital Partners LP ("White Hat"), an investment firm focused on sustainable value creation in technology companies serving mission-critical applications, and Magnetar Capital ("Magnetar"), a leading alter
Comtech Telecommunications Corp. Awarded $4.6 Million in Orders from the U.S. Army for Mobile Satellite Equipment
MELVILLE, N.Y., October 13, 2021--October 13, 2021-- Comtech Telecommunications Corp. (NASDAQ: CMTL), a leading global provider of next-generation 911 emergency systems and secure wireless communications technologies, announced today, that during its first quarter of fiscal 2022, it was awarded $4.6 million of funding from the U.S. Army to provide ongoing system refurbishments, sustainment services and baseband equipment. This most recent order continues its sustainment of the U.S. Army’s family
CMTL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CMTLHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Comtech Telecommunications Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Comtech Telecommunications Corp (CMTL) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Comtech Telecommunications Corp (CMTL) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Comtech Telecommunications Corp (CMTL) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch