Cohen & Company Inc. (COHN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
COHN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where COHN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 77.62% of US stocks.
- COHN's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 51 weeks.
- COHN's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 4.88% of US stocks).
COHN Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 1.18, Cohen & Co Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 0.3% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Cohen & Co Inc is higher than it is for about 98.61% of US stocks.
- COHN's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 99.76% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Cohen & Co Inc are PZN, SDC, PVAC, SCU, and CTIB.
- COHN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Cohen & Co Inc's official web site, go to www.ifmi.com.
COHN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, COHN's EV/EBIT ratio is 2486.05% higher, now standing at 222.4.
- COHN's price/sales ratio has moved down 8.6 over the prior 175 months.
- Over the past 175 months, COHN's price/earnings ratio has gone down 79.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for COHN.
COHN Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 1421.89%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -68.76%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 3.06%.
The table below shows COHN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
COHN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- COHN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 48.77% of graded US stocks.
- COHN's asset turnover comes in at 0.03 -- ranking 319th of 454 Trading stocks.
- EQR, PCH, and AAIC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with COHN.
The table below shows COHN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
COHN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
COHN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.31||52-week high||$52.70|
|Prev. close||$19.97||52-week low||$14.54|
|Day high||$21.81||Avg. volume||217,269|
|50-day MA||$21.03||Dividend yield||4.92%|
|200-day MA||$22.63||Market Cap||32.98M|
Cohen & Company Inc. (COHN) Company Bio
Cohen & Company Inc. is a publicly owned investment manager. The firm primarily provides its services to individuals and institutions. It manages separate client-focused fixed income portfolios. Institutional Financial Markets, Inc. also manages funds and collateralized debt obligations for its clients. It invests in the fixed income and alternative investment markets across the globe. The firm's fixed income investments include U.S. trust preferred securities, European hybrid capital securities, Asian commercial real estate debt, mortgage backed securities, and asset backed securities. The firm was formerly known as Institutional Financial Markets, Inc. Cohen & Company Inc. was founded in 1999 and is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania with additional offices in New York City; Boca Raton, Florida; Chicago, Illinois; Bethesda, Maryland; Boston, Massachusetts; Paris, France; and London, United Kingdom.
Most Popular Stories View All
COHN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
COHN Latest Social Stream
View Full COHN Social Stream
Latest COHN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Cohen & Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate COHN as an investment opportunity.
SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Metromile, Inc. (NASDAQ: MILE, MILEW), a leading digital insurance platform and pay-per-mile auto insurer, today announced two seasoned insurance and finance executives are joining its board of directors. John Butler, a managing director of Cohen & Company Inc. (NYSE American: COHN), is joining effective August 4. Sandra Clarke, CFO of Blue Shield of California, will join as a board director effective August 31.
Cohen & Company Reports Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Announces Resumption of Quarterly Dividend
Second Quarter Net Income Attributable to Cohen & Company Inc. of $1.7 Million, or $1.21 per Diluted Share
PHILADELPHIA and NEW YORK, July 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cohen & Company Inc. (NYSE American: COHN) will release its financial results for the second quarter 2021 on Thursday, July 29, 2021. The Company will host a conference call at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) that morning to discuss these results.
INSU Acquisition Corp. III Receives Notification of Deficiency from Nasdaq Related to Delayed Filing of Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q
PHILADELPHIA, PA, June 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- INSU Acquisition Corp. III (NASDAQ: IIII) (the “Company”), a blank-check company sponsored by Cohen & Company Inc. (NYSE American: COHN) and formed for the purpose of acquiring or merging with one or more businesses or entities in the insurance industry, today announced that on May 28, 2021 it received a notice from Nasdaq Regulation indicating that, as a result of not having timely filed its Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the period ended M
J.V.B. Financial Group, LLC Hires New Executive Team to Expand Investment Banking Division of Cohen & Company’s Broker Dealer Subsidiary
PHILADELPHIA and NEW YORK , March 23, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cohen & Company Inc. (NYSE American: COHN; “Cohen”), a financial services firm specializing in fixed income markets and, more recently, in special purpose acquisition company (“SPAC”) markets, announced that Dan Nash and Jerry Serowik have joined its indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary J.V.B. Financial Group, LLC (“JVB”). Cohen operates a global network of more than 85 professionals in four principal offices throughout the U.S. and Europe focused on asset management, principal investing, and capital markets services. JVB specializes in securities financing and the sales and trading of fixed income securities. Nash and Serowik will lead the expansion of JVB’s Investment Banking division and work closely with team members at Coh...
COHN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|