Covanta Holding Corporation (CVA): Price and Financial Metrics
CVA Stock Summary
- Covanta Holding Corp's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.21% of US listed stocks.
- For CVA, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 86.63% of US equities we're observing.
- CVA's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 95.37% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to CVA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LTC, CTO, ESBA, SPH, and EPRT.
- Visit CVA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.covanta.com.
CVA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
CVA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.81||52-week high||$15.56|
|Prev. close||$13.77||52-week low||$6.57|
|Day high||$13.92||Avg. volume||930,876|
|50-day MA||$14.25||Dividend yield||2.32%|
|200-day MA||$11.51||Market Cap||1.82B|
Covanta Holding Corporation (CVA) Company Bio
Covanta Holding Corporation provides waste and energy services to municipal entities primarily worldwide. It owns and operates infrastructure for the conversion of waste to energy, as well as engages in other waste disposal and renewable energy production businesses. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Morristown, New Jersey.
CVA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Covanta Holding Corp. To summarize, we found that Covanta Holding Corp ranked in the 74th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 147.17% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Covanta Holding Corp ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Covanta Holding Corp over the past 2.57 years is 0.66%; that's higher than 89.5% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Industrials sector.
- 41% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 11.78% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Covanta Holding Corp's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
CVA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
CVA Latest Social Stream
View Full CVA Social Stream
Latest CVA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Covanta Holding Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate CVA as an investment opportunity.
With Joe Biden's administration pushing for a greener future, here are the clean energy stocks that could enjoy sizable upside.
Covanta Holding Corporation First Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call To Be Held On April 30, 2021
Covanta Holding Corporation (NYSE: CVA) ("Covanta" or the "Company") will host a conference call at 8:30 AM (Eastern) on Friday, April 30, 2021 to discuss its first quarter results.
3 Alternative Energy Stocks Defying Industry Challenges
Covanta Holding Corporation ( NYSE:CVA ), is not the largest company out there, but it saw significant share price...
Covanta (CVA) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
CVA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching CVAWant to see what other sources are saying about Covanta Holding Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!