Daily Journal Corp. (S.C.) (DJCO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DJCO POWR Grades
- DJCO scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 83.31% of US stocks.
- DJCO's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving up over the last 200 days.
- DJCO ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
DJCO Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Daily Journal Corp is higher than 97.11% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -46.69%, Daily Journal Corp's debt growth rate surpasses merely 8.87% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, DJCO has reported earnings growth of 254.43%, putting it ahead of 92.78% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Daily Journal Corp are WAFU, PFIN, CGA, VALU, and SSY.
- Visit DJCO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.dailyjournal.com.
DJCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DJCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$300.15||52-week high||$416.68|
|Prev. close||$301.98||52-week low||$234.59|
|Day high||$304.25||Avg. volume||4,688|
|50-day MA||$316.78||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$302.23||Market Cap||414.21M|
Daily Journal Corp. (S.C.) (DJCO) Company Bio
Daily Journal Corporation publishes newspapers and Web sites in California, Arizona, and Utah. It operates through two segments, Traditional Business and Journal Technologies. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
DJCO Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Daily Journal Corp. To summarize, we found that Daily Journal Corp ranked in the 6th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 98%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Daily Journal Corp, consider:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.52 years comes in at -0.1%; that's greater than merely 13.76% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- As a business, DJCO is generating more cash flow than just 3.49% of positive cash flow stocks in the Consumer Cyclical.
- DJCO's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 45.42% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
DJCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DJCO Latest Social Stream
View Full DJCO Social Stream
Latest DJCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Daily Journal Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DJCO as an investment opportunity.
Worldly wisdom and wit from Charlie Munger.
Daily Journal Chairman Charlie Munger says a new investment in Chinese internet giant Alibaba is part of a move into stocks because returns on Treasury bills are so low.
Many investors follow Warren Buffett's every move, but many also pay close attention to his longtime partner and Berkshire Hathaway (NYSE: BRK.A) (NYSE: BRK.B) Vice Chairman Charlie Munger. Munger, 97, is still active in the investing world, not only through his activities at Berkshire, but also as chairman of the Daily Journal Corporation (NASDAQ: DJCO). Munger bought the Daily Journal decades ago when he was still running his own investment fund, for just $2.5 million.
During their recent episode of the VALUE: After Hours Podcast, Taylor, Brewster, and Carlisle discussed Tyler Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:TYL) vs Daily Journal Corporation (NASDAQ:DJCO). Here’s an excerpt from the podcast: Q4 2020 hedge fund letters, conferences and more NYSE:TYL vs NASDAQ:DJCO Bill: No, it’s Tyler. They do a lot of the payment stuff for governments. […] The post Tyler Technologies vs Daily Journal Corporation appeared first on ValueWalk .
'If you stop to think about it, business success long-term is a lot like biology,' Charlie Munger said at the Annual Meeting of Shareholders of the Daily Journal Corporation
DJCO Price Returns