Daily Journal Corp. (S.C.) (DJCO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
DJCO POWR Grades
- DJCO scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 80.52% of US stocks.
- DJCO's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- DJCO ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
DJCO Stock Summary
- DJCO's current price/earnings ratio is 7.21, which is higher than only 14.19% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for DJCO is currently 68.25, higher than 92.69% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 322.85%, Daily Journal Corp's debt growth rate surpasses 96.27% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Daily Journal Corp are FCF, ATLO, SIF, SSY, and ITIC.
- DJCO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Daily Journal Corp's official web site, go to www.dailyjournal.com.
DJCO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, DJCO's price/earnings ratio is 84.02% lower, now standing at 3.1.
- DJCO's price/earnings ratio has moved up 9 over the prior 243 months.
- DJCO's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 7.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for DJCO.
DJCO Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -39190%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 33.59%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 18.67%.
The table below shows DJCO's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
DJCO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- DJCO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 73.23% of graded US stocks.
- DJCO's asset turnover comes in at 0.162 -- ranking 14th of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- LEE, DALN, and GCI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with DJCO.
The table below shows DJCO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
DJCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
DJCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$277.97||52-week high||$415.66|
|Prev. close||$280.10||52-week low||$242.00|
|Day high||$287.43||Avg. volume||3,422|
|50-day MA||$276.90||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$322.72||Market Cap||383.60M|
Daily Journal Corp. (S.C.) (DJCO) Company Bio
Daily Journal Corporation publishes newspapers and Web sites in California, Arizona, and Utah. It operates through two segments, Traditional Business and Journal Technologies. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Los Angeles, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
DJCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
DJCO Latest Social Stream
View Full DJCO Social Stream
Latest DJCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Daily Journal Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate DJCO as an investment opportunity.
Global mergers and acquisitions activity hit record highs during the pandemic as companies took significant steps to shape the trajectory of their futures in a post-COVID world. However, Berkshire Hathaway notably did not acquire any large companies throughout the pandemic.
Daily Journal Chairman and Berkshire Hathaway Vice Chairman Charlie Munger discusses retail trading apps and answers questions at the annual Daily Journal shareholders' meeting.
(Bloomberg) -- Charlie Munger, Warren Buffett’s longtime business partner, called out the “wretched excess” in both venture capital and Bitcoin, and said that cryptocurrencies should be banned. Most Read from BloombergBlinken Says Meeting With Lavrov Is Canceled: Ukraine UpdatePorsches, Lamborghinis Lost at Sea May Cost VW $155 MillionU.S. Condemns Russian Move at UN, Reassures Kyiv: Ukraine UpdateStocks Decline as Biden Proposes Russia Sanctions: Markets WrapLeissner Says Lover Blackmailed Him
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 11, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- During the three months ended December 31, 2021, Daily Journal Corporation (NASDAQ:DJCO) had consolidated revenues of $11,528,000 as compared with $10,420,000 in the prior year period. This increase of $1,108,000 was primarily from increases in (i) Journal Technologies consulting fees of $1,517,000 and public service fees of $99,000, and (ii) the Traditional Business advertising net revenues of $102,000, partially offset by decreases in (i) Journal Technologies license and maintenance fees of $553,000 and (ii) the Traditional Business circulation revenues of $93,000.
LOS ANGELES, Feb. 11, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- During the three months ended December 31, 2021, Daily Journal Corporation (NASDAQ:DJCO) had consolidated revenues of $11,528,000 as compared with $10,420,000 in the prior year period. This increase of $1,108,000 was primarily from increases in (i) Journal Technologies’ consulting fees of $1,517,000 and public service fees of $99,000, and (ii) the Traditional Business’ advertising net revenues of $102,000, partially offset by decreases in (i) Journa
DJCO Price Returns