US Ecology, Inc. (ECOL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
ECOL POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where ECOL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.76% of US stocks.
- ECOL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 48 weeks.
- ECOL ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
ECOL Stock Summary
- US Ecology Inc's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 83.95% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, US Ecology Inc is reporting a growth rate of -73.34%; that's higher than merely 23.24% of US stocks.
- The volatility of US Ecology Inc's share price is greater than that of only 21.33% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to US Ecology Inc are TDS, CSSE, USM, CLH, and TTEC.
- ECOL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit US Ecology Inc's official web site, go to www.usecology.com.
ECOL Valuation Summary
- ECOL's price/sales ratio is 1.2; this is 63.64% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, ECOL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 36.5.
- Over the past 243 months, ECOL's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for ECOL.
ECOL Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -611%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -29.06%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -44.15%.
The table below shows ECOL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
ECOL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- ECOL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 58.65% of graded US stocks.
- ECOL's asset turnover comes in at 0.511 -- ranking 10th of 14 Almost Nothing stocks.
- PESI, HCCI, and WM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with ECOL.
The table below shows ECOL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
ECOL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
ECOL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.71||52-week high||$45.72|
|Prev. close||$33.96||52-week low||$29.89|
|Day high||$34.41||Avg. volume||154,379|
|50-day MA||$35.97||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$38.30||Market Cap||1.06B|
US Ecology, Inc. (ECOL) Company Bio
US Ecology Inc. is a provider of environmental services to commercial and government entities. The Company addresses the waste management needs of its customers, offering treatment, disposal and recycling of hazardous, non-hazardous and radioactive waste, as well as a wide range of complementary field and industrial services. The company was founded in 1952 and is based in Boise, Idaho.
Most Popular Stories View All
ECOL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
ECOL Latest Social Stream
View Full ECOL Social Stream
Latest ECOL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about US Ecology Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate ECOL as an investment opportunity.
US Ecology’s Environmental Solutions Help Customers Achieve Sustainability Goals for a Better Tomorrow
Innovative Technical Services Improve ESG PerformanceBOISE, Idaho, Sept. 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- US Ecology, a premier provider of comprehensive environmental and emergency response services, provides solutions to industrial, commercial and government customers that help protect human health and the environment. Our turnkey, customized solutions, when combined with customers’ own internal initiatives, help them achieve sustainability and improve ESG performance. “US Ecology remains committe
Today we'll do a simple run through of a valuation method used to estimate the attractiveness of US Ecology, Inc...
Joining me on the call this morning are Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer Jeff Feeler; Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Simon Bell; and Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing Steve Welling. Before we begin, please note that certain statements contained in this conference call that do not describe historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Since forward-looking statements include risks and uncertainties, actual results may differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements.
US Ecology (ECOL) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -37.50% and 1.29%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
SECOND QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS COMPARED TO PRIOR YEAR: Waste Solutions Base Business returns to growth, up 7%, on strong underlying fundamentalsWaste Solutions Event Business revenue declines 13% driven by project deferment and service mixField Services segment grows 20% on increased business activity and solid executionEnergy Waste performance continues to improve with positive sequential trendsTotal revenue increases 13% to $240.8 millionAdjusted EBITDA of $34.2 millionAdjusted free cash flow of $1
ECOL Price Returns