Green Plains, Inc. (GPRE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPRE POWR Grades
- GPRE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 74.85% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GPRE is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- GPRE ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
GPRE Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GPRE is 3.59 -- better than 86.6% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, GPRE has reported earnings growth of 528.62%, putting it ahead of 96.67% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for GREEN PLAINS INC comes in at 53.28%, a number that bests 82.71% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GREEN PLAINS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be EGLE, RPAY, ATSG, ARCH, and KRP.
- GPRE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GREEN PLAINS INC's official web site, go to www.gpreinc.com.
GPRE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, GPRE's price/earnings ratio is 296.08% lower, now standing at -20.
- Over the past 201 months, GPRE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 294.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPRE.
GPRE Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -15.66%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.19%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -42.3%.
The table below shows GPRE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPRE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPRE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 14.67% of graded US stocks.
- GPRE's asset turnover comes in at 1.237 -- ranking 6th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- CGA, ALTO, and APD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPRE.
The table below shows GPRE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GPRE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPRE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.08||52-week high||$44.27|
|Prev. close||$30.64||52-week low||$26.09|
|Day high||$30.44||Avg. volume||1,063,926|
|50-day MA||$34.94||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$32.29||Market Cap||1.75B|
Green Plains, Inc. (GPRE) Company Bio
Green Plains Inc. is a diversified commodity-processing business with operations related to ethanol production, corn oil production, grain handling and storage, cattle feedlot operations, and commodity marketing and distribution services. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
Most Popular Stories View All
GPRE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPRE Latest Social Stream
View Full GPRE Social Stream
Latest GPRE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GREEN PLAINS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPRE as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss 10 best chemical stocks to buy now. If you want to read about some more chemical stocks to buy now, go directly to 5 Best Chemical Stocks To Buy Now. A strong demand for commodity and specialty chemicals has helped keep prices at record high levels in the chemicals sector […]
These small-cap stocks to buy offer a strong hedge against the recessionary headwinds
Reuters has withdrawn a Sept. 8 story comparing carbon emissions at U.S. ethanol plants and oil refineries because of flaws in its interpretation of data that led to inaccurate estimates of pollution at individual ethanol plants. The errors stemmed in part from a misinterpretation of Environmental Protection Agency data that included emissions from non-fuel products produced by the ethanol plants, such as alcohol for beverages or sanitizer. Three of the plants named in the story as top industry polluters - owned by Golden Triangle Energy, Central Indiana Ethanol and Green Plains Inc (GPRE.O) - produced mostly non-fuel products, according to the companies.
OMAHA, Neb., Sept. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) today announced changes to its executive leadership team. Patrich Simpkins transitions from Chief Financial Officer to Chief Transformation Officer, Jim Stark transitions from Executive Vice President to Chief Financial Officer of Green Plains and Green Plains Partners LP (NASDAQ:GPP), Jamie Herbert joins the company as Chief Human Resources Officer, and Grant Kadavy joins the company as Executive Vice President of C
OMAHA, Neb., Sept. 06, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE), Tallgrass, and Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL) today announced they have been awarded funding from the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to advance sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) technology as part of the federal agency’s effort to support the development of valuable biofuels and bioproducts for the clean energy economy. “Developing and deploying new technologies to produce sustainable aviation fuel is p
GPRE Price Returns