Green Plains, Inc. (GPRE): Price and Financial Metrics
GPRE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.01||52-week high||$37.49|
|Prev. close||$31.40||52-week low||$26.33|
|Day high||$31.44||Avg. volume||832,696|
|50-day MA||$32.94||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$32.19||Market Cap||1.85B|
GPRE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPRE POWR Grades
- GPRE scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 53.87% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GPRE is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- GPRE ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
GPRE Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for GPRE is currently 245.05, higher than 99.06% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Over the past twelve months, GPRE has reported earnings growth of 333.88%, putting it ahead of 95.75% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of GREEN PLAINS INC's share price is greater than that of only 8.87% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GPRE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ANGH, RADI, MIR, FLL, and EVH.
- Visit GPRE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gpreinc.com.
GPRE Valuation Summary
- GPRE's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 61.54% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 213 months, GPRE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 328.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPRE.
GPRE Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at -18.95%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -75.25%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -30.44%.
The table below shows GPRE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPRE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPRE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 14.67% of graded US stocks.
- GPRE's asset turnover comes in at 1.237 -- ranking 6th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- CGA, ALTO, and APD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPRE.
The table below shows GPRE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Green Plains, Inc. (GPRE) Company Bio
Green Plains Inc. is a diversified commodity-processing business with operations related to ethanol production, corn oil production, grain handling and storage, cattle feedlot operations, and commodity marketing and distribution services. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
GPRE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPRE Latest Social Stream
View Full GPRE Social Stream
Latest GPRE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GREEN PLAINS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPRE as an investment opportunity.
OMAHA, Neb., September 18, 2023--Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ: GPRE) ("Green Plains") and Green Plains Partners LP (NASDAQ: GPP) (the "Partnership") today announced that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement pursuant to which Green Plains will acquire all of the publicly held common units of the Partnership not already owned by Green Plains and its affiliates in exchange for a combination of Green Plains common stock and cash.
Unveiling the True Value of Green Plains (GPRE) with Comprehensive Financial Analysis
OMAHA, Neb., August 28, 2023--Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) today announced that Todd Becker, President and Chief Executive Officer, will be participating in a fireside chat at the Jefferies Industrials Conference in New York City on Thursday, Sept. 7 at 3 p.m. Eastern time (2 p.m. Central time). Additionally, the company will be participating in meetings with institutional investors during the conference.
Top-rated dividend stocks sometimes are hiding in out-of-the way places.
Green Plains Announces Conclusion of Independent Investigation into Allegations of Improper Stock Trades
OMAHA, Neb., August 17, 2023--Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) ("Green Plains," the "Company," "we" or "us") today issued the following statement:
GPRE Price Returns