Green Plains, Inc. (GPRE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPRE POWR Grades
- GPRE scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 56.74% of US stocks.
- GPRE's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- GPRE's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 3.02% of US stocks).
GPRE Stock Summary
- GREEN PLAINS INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 86.4% of US listed stocks.
- GPRE's price/sales ratio is 0.54; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 16.18% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that GPRE's revenue has grown 41.84% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 79.6% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GREEN PLAINS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be NNBR, CSSE, OIS, BYD, and GFF.
- GPRE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit GREEN PLAINS INC's official web site, go to www.gpreinc.com.
GPRE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, GPRE's price/earnings ratio is 240.3% lower, now standing at -18.8.
- Over the past 205 months, GPRE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 305.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPRE.
GPRE Growth Metrics
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 400.16%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 62.98%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -75.25%.
The table below shows GPRE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPRE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPRE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 14.67% of graded US stocks.
- GPRE's asset turnover comes in at 1.237 -- ranking 6th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- CGA, ALTO, and APD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPRE.
The table below shows GPRE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GPRE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPRE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$31.14||52-week high||$41.25|
|Prev. close||$32.07||52-week low||$26.09|
|Day high||$32.73||Avg. volume||692,871|
|50-day MA||$31.71||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$31.98||Market Cap||1.85B|
Green Plains, Inc. (GPRE) Company Bio
Green Plains Inc. is a diversified commodity-processing business with operations related to ethanol production, corn oil production, grain handling and storage, cattle feedlot operations, and commodity marketing and distribution services. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
Most Popular Stories View All
GPRE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPRE Latest Social Stream
View Full GPRE Social Stream
Latest GPRE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GREEN PLAINS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPRE as an investment opportunity.
OMAHA, Neb., January 25, 2023--Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) and Green Plains Partners LP (NASDAQ:GPP) will release fourth quarter and full year 2022 financial results prior to the market opening on February 8, 2023, and then host a joint conference call beginning at 9 a.m. Eastern time (8 a.m. Central time) to discuss fourth quarter and full year 2022 performance and outlook.
The share price of Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) rose to $30.91 per share on Thursday from $30.11. While Green Plains Inc. has overperformed by 2.66%, investors are advised to look at stock chart patterns for technical insight. Within its last year performance, GPRE fell by -17.99%, with highs and lows ranging from $41.25 to $26.09, […]
Osaka Gas USA, Tallgrass & Green Plains team up to study e-methane production from biomass-based CO2 in the U.S. Midwest
Green Plains (GPRE), Tallgrass and Osaka Gas USA (OSGSY), a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan-based Osaka Gas notifies the commencement of a joint feasibility study to evaluate…
OMAHA, Neb.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE), Tallgrass and Osaka Gas USA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Japan-based Osaka Gas, today announced the commencement of a joint feasibility study to evaluate the production of up to 200,000 tons per year of synthetic methane in the U.S. Midwest. The project partners aim to produce synthetic methane from low-carbon hydrogen and biogenic carbon dioxide (CO2) captured from ethanol biorefineries owned and operated by Green Plains. The join
It might be of some concern to shareholders to see the Green Plains Inc. ( NASDAQ:GPRE ) share price down 16% in the...
GPRE Price Returns