Green Plains, Inc. (GPRE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GPRE POWR Grades
- GPRE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GPRE is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- GPRE ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
GPRE Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for GPRE is currently 561.19, higher than 99.39% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.71, Green Plains Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 15.08% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GPRE comes in at -24.2% -- higher than that of only 11.41% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GPRE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DISCA, GOED, MSC, TSQ, and NBEV.
- GPRE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Green Plains Inc's official web site, go to www.gpreinc.com.
GPRE Valuation Summary
- GPRE's price/earnings ratio is -21; this is 205.53% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- GPRE's price/sales ratio has moved NA NA over the prior 188 months.
- Over the past 188 months, GPRE's price/sales ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GPRE.
GPRE Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 0.19%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -446.58%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -72.07%.
The table below shows GPRE's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GPRE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GPRE has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 14.71% of graded US stocks.
- GPRE's asset turnover comes in at 1.237 -- ranking 6th of 90 Chemicals stocks.
- ALTO, IOSP, and APD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GPRE.
The table below shows GPRE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GPRE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GPRE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.39||52-week high||$38.53|
|Prev. close||$31.42||52-week low||$11.91|
|Day high||$33.62||Avg. volume||1,139,097|
|50-day MA||$34.74||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$27.88||Market Cap||1.61B|
Green Plains, Inc. (GPRE) Company Bio
Green Plains Inc. is a diversified commodity-processing business with operations related to ethanol production, corn oil production, grain handling and storage, cattle feedlot operations, and commodity marketing and distribution services. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Omaha, Nebraska.
Most Popular Stories View All
GPRE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GPRE Latest Social Stream
View Full GPRE Social Stream
Latest GPRE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Green Plains Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GPRE as an investment opportunity.
Distillers Grains Market Sales Data Reveal Exciting Growth with Steady CAGR Value, Industry New Leaders - Green Plains Inc., Archer Daniels Midland, Husky Energy, Bunge Limited, Poet LLC, CropEnergies AG
According to Decisive Markets Insights'' New Report "Distillers Grains Market ", it analyses the competitive landscape and its future growth prospects. For the analysis period of 2020 - 2027, the report of the Market includes a detailed study of some
OMAHA, Neb., Aug. 27, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ: GPRE) today announced updates to its board of directors as part of an ongoing board refreshment initiative. After seven years of service, Gene Edwards is retiring from the board of directors.
OMAHA, Neb., Aug. 25, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ: GPRE) today announced its wholly owned subsidiary Green Plains Mount Vernon LLC has broken ground on the construction of Fluid Quip Technologies MSC system. Mount Vernon is the fourth Green Plains location to install MSC and is expected to be completed in 2022.
OMAHA, Neb., Aug. 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) today announced the completion of its underwritten public offering of 5,462,500 shares of common stock at a price to the public of $32.00 per share. This includes the purchase of 712,500 shares of common stock by the underwriters pursuant to the full exercise of their overallotment option. The shares of common stock were offered and sold in a public offering under the Securities Act of 1933, as amended. The companys estimated net proceeds from the common stock offering were approximately $164.9 million after deducting the initial purchasers discounts and commissions and its estimated offering expenses.
OMAHA, Neb., Aug. 05, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Green Plains Inc. (NASDAQ:GPRE) today announced the pricing of its underwritten public offering of $152.0 million of common stock at a price to the public of $32.00 per share, which was upsized from the previously announced $150.0 million offering. The net proceeds to the company from the offering, after deducting the underwriting discounts and commissions and other offering expenses, are expected to be approximately $143.3 million.
GPRE Price Returns