Ferroglobe PLC - Ordinary Shares (GSM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GSM POWR Grades
- GSM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 95.58% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for GSM is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- GSM's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 16.79% of US stocks).
GSM Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for GSM is 4.56 -- better than 91.41% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that GSM's revenue has grown -26.43% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 14.52% of US companies in our set.
- The volatility of Ferroglobe PLC's share price is greater than that of 97.34% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to GSM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EXTN, NTZ, DXYN, NAKD, and NBR.
- Visit GSM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ferroglobe.com.
GSM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, GSM's price/earnings ratio is 115.56% lower, now standing at -4.
- GSM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down $40.5 over the prior 66 months.
- Over the past 66 months, GSM's price/sales ratio has gone up $0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GSM.
GSM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GSM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.57||52-week high||$6.01|
|Prev. close||$5.53||52-week low||$0.40|
|Day high||$5.65||Avg. volume||2,313,294|
|50-day MA||$4.50||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.49||Market Cap||942.43M|
Ferroglobe PLC - Ordinary Shares (GSM) Company Bio
Globe Specialty Metals produces silicon metal and silicon-based specialty alloys, used in industrial and consumer products. Customers include silicone chemical, aluminum and steel manufacturers, auto companies and their suppliers, ductile iron foundries, manufacturers of photovoltaic solar cells and computer chips, and concrete producers. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Miami, Florida.
GSM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for GSM, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Ferroglobe PLC ranked in the 36th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Ferroglobe PLC ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 61. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 18.15% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- Ferroglobe PLC's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- Ferroglobe PLC's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -2.35. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 14.07% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
GSM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GSM Latest Social Stream
View Full GSM Social Stream
Latest GSM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Ferroglobe PLC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GSM as an investment opportunity.
Photo by Kote1995/iStock via Getty Images The Quarter Ferroglobe (GSM) delivered a very strong quarter this week. I was particularly encouraged by the volume growth of 13% and adjusted EBITDA margin. About $22mm of EBITDA in just the first quarter of their strategic plan puts them on pace to meet...
The following slide deck was published by Ferroglobe PLC in conjunction with their 2021 Q1 earnings call....
LONDON, May 14, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ferroglobe PLC (Nasdaq:GSM) (“Ferroglobe” or the “Company”), a leading producer of silicon metal, silicon-based alloys and manganese-based specialty alloys, is pleased to announce today that it has appointed Belen Villalonga, Silvia Villar-Mir de Fuentes, Nicolas De Santis, and Rafael Barrilero Yarnoz to the board of directors effective May 13, 2021. Ferroglobe further announced that Bruce Crockett has been appointed to serve as lead independent director of its board of directors, effective May 13, 2021. Mr. Crockett has served on the board of Ferroglobe since its formation in 2015, and currently serves as the chairman of the audit committee. “We are pleased to welcome Belen, Silvia, Nicolas and Rafael as new directors to Ferroglobe’s board,” sai...
Successful signing of Note Purchase Agreement relating to $40 million notes issuance under the Lock-Up Agreement dated March 27, 2021
LONDON, May 13, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ferroglobe PLC (NASDAQ: GSM) (the “Company”) refers to the Company’s release on March 28, 2021 regarding the lock-up agreement dated March 27, 2021 (the “Lock-Up Agreement”) between the Company and certain financial stakeholders. The Company is pleased to announce that on May 12, 2021 Ferroglobe Finance Company, PLC (a new, indirect subsidiary of the Company) entered into a Note Purchase Agreement with the members of the “Ad Hoc Group” relating to the issuance of an initial $40 million of aggregate $60 million new senior secured notes (the “New $60 million Notes”). The $40 million new senior secured notes are expected to be issued early next week. In accordance with the terms of the transaction set out in the Lock-Up Agreement, all holders of the...
Rating Action: Moody's upgrades Ferroglobe's PDR to Caa1-PD; outlook changed to stableGlobal Credit Research - 26 Apr 2021London, 26 April 2021 -- Moody's Investors Service ("Moody's") has today upgraded to Caa1-PD from Ca-PD the probability of default rating (PDR) of Ferroglobe PLC ("Ferroglobe", or "the company"). Concurrently, Moody's affirmed the company's Caa1 corporate family rating (CFR) and the Caa2 instrument rating on its $350 million guaranteed senior unsecured notes due in March 2022. The outlook on all ratings has been changed to stable from negative.RATINGS RATIONALEThe upgrade of Ferroglobe's PDR to Caa1-PD from Ca-PD follows the company's announcement on 21 April 2021 of a successful conclusion of the consent process with holders of the $350 million guaranteed senior u...
GSM Price Returns