Gray Television, Inc. (GTN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
GTN POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where GTN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.96% of US stocks.
- GTN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- GTN's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 9.11% of US stocks).
GTN Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for GRAY TELEVISION INC is higher than just 15.24% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- For GTN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 94.35% of US equities we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for GTN comes in at -197.28% -- higher than that of merely 2.93% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to GRAY TELEVISION INC, a group of peers worth examining would be MDRR, GATX, CMRE, BFS, and WSR.
- Visit GTN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.gray.tv.
GTN Valuation Summary
- GTN's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 75% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- GTN's price/earnings ratio has moved up 14.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for GTN.
GTN Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -16.55%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 51.56%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 163.15%.
The table below shows GTN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
GTN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- GTN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 26.83% of graded US stocks.
- GTN's asset turnover comes in at 0.329 -- ranking 47th of 64 Communication stocks.
- SIRI, CHTR, and CXDO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with GTN.
The table below shows GTN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
GTN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
GTN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.24||52-week high||$25.24|
|Prev. close||$15.38||52-week low||$14.18|
|Day high||$15.25||Avg. volume||731,880|
|50-day MA||$18.47||Dividend yield||2.08%|
|200-day MA||$19.86||Market Cap||1.42B|
Gray Television, Inc. (GTN) Company Bio
Gray Television owns and operates television stations and digital assets in markets throughout the United States. The company was founded in 1897 and is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
GTN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
GTN Latest Social Stream
View Full GTN Social Stream
Latest GTN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about GRAY TELEVISION INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate GTN as an investment opportunity.
ATLANTA, Oct. 03, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- In light of continued strong cash flow, for the second quarter in a row, Gray Television, Inc. (“Gray” or the “Company”) (NYSE: GTN) returned a significant amount of capital to its shareholders during the quarter ending September 30, 2022 through cash dividends and repayment of debt. These payments were comprised of a voluntary principal payment of $100 million under Gray’s 2017 Term Loan B (due 2024), as well as a required principal payment of $3.75 mi
In this article, we discuss the 6 stocks value investing legend Seth Klarman is buying for the rest of 2022. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of Seth Klarman’s investment strategy and views on the current market situation, go directly to Value Investing Legend Seth Klarman is Buying These 3 Stocks for the […]
“Beat The Odds” Sports Betting and Entertainment Series Will Debut September 2, 2022, Across Most Gray Television Stations
LAS VEGAS, Aug. 30, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gray Television, Inc. (“Gray”) (NYSE: GTN) announced today that BEAT THE ODDS, a 30-minute weekly syndicated sports betting and entertainment television series, will debut on more than 100 Gray Television stations starting September 2, 2022. BEAT THE ODDS will feature news, data, and analysis, mixed with legendary sports and betting stories, all designed to educate and entertain bettors and sports fans at all levels. The show pairs expert opinions fro
Gray Television Inc. said Monday that it will start paying a minimum wage of $18 per hour, effective Oct. 1. The TV station owner's new hourly wage, for all full-time, non-commissioned and non-contracted employees, will give a raise to about 2,000 employees. The new wage is 60% higher than the federal
ATLANTA, Aug. 29, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Gray Television, Inc. (“Gray”) (NYSE: GTN) announced today a new minimum wage of $18 per hour across the company. The new policy will become effective on October 1, 2022, for essentially all full-time, non-commissioned and non-contracted employees of Gray and its wholly owned subsidiaries. Roughly 2,000 employees will receive a raise as a result of this new policy. Gray’s Executive Chairman Hilton Howell remarked, “We are well on our way to making 2022
GTN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|