Halliburton Company (HAL): Price and Financial Metrics
HAL Stock Summary
- Halliburton Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.8% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Halliburton Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.02% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, HAL has reported earnings growth of 389.73%, putting it ahead of 95.82% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Halliburton Co, a group of peers worth examining would be SJR, GL, CNA, RCI, and CVE.
- Visit HAL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.halliburton.com.
HAL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
HAL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.22||52-week high||$24.74|
|Prev. close||$19.10||52-week low||$8.26|
|Day high||$19.53||Avg. volume||10,890,898|
|50-day MA||$21.59||Dividend yield||0.94%|
|200-day MA||$17.29||Market Cap||17.08B|
Halliburton Company (HAL) Company Bio
Halliburton provides a range of services and products to the upstream oil and natural gas industry worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation. The company was founded in 1919 and is based in Houston, Texas.
HAL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Halliburton Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Halliburton Co ranked in the 31th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 62.5%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Halliburton Co ended up being:
- As a business, HAL is generating more cash flow than 89.6% of positive cash flow stocks in the Energy.
- Halliburton Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 13%; for context, that number is higher than 87.87% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Halliburton Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -5.38. This coverage rate is greater than that of just 11.51% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
HAL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
HAL Latest Social Stream
View Full HAL Social Stream
Latest HAL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Halliburton Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate HAL as an investment opportunity.
BMO Capital Stick to Their Hold Rating for Halliburton Company
Northland Securities Stick to Their Hold Rating for Halliburton Company
Halliburton ([[HAL]] -4.3%) plunges as much as 7.5% despite beating Q1 earnings estimates, as it warns of slowing demand for its oil drilling and fracking services.North American order growth will "moderate" during the current quarter, while overseas drilling margins will drop as much as 1.25 percentage points, CFO Lance Loeffler...
Halliburton Company (HAL) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call April 21, 2021 9:00 AM ET Company Participants Abu Zeya - Head, Investor Relations Jeff Miller - Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Lance Loeffler - Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants James West - Evercore ISI Scott Gruber - Citigroup David...
Halliburton topped analyst estimates for both revenues and earnings, but shares fell amid pessimism about the future demand for fossil fuels.
HAL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|