John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (JW.A) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- If you care about predictable cash flow, note that JW.A reports less variability in its free cash flow than 93.45% of the dividend stocks we're tracking.
- JW.A's compound annual growth rate of its cash flow over the past 5.5 years is -0.06% -- which is higher than about just 14.58% stocks we're looking at.
- If price volatilty is something you're paying attention to when building your dividend portfolio, know that JW.A has less fluctuation in its price than 83.73% of stocks we're observing.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with JW.A's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: KBH, ODFL, PRK, LMNX and SACH.
JW.A Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. In the case of JW.A, the dividend discount model StockNews created for the company implies a negative return of 8.23%. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for John Wiley & Sons Inc are:
- As for its position relative to other Consumer Cyclical stocks that issue dividends, John Wiley & Sons Inc offers a higher dividend yield than 85.81% of them.
- JW.A's annual revenue of 2 billion US dollars puts it in the small-sized revenue class; relative to suck stocks, its discount rate is lower than that of 11.41% of dividend stocks in the same revenue class (a low discount rate is associated with lower risk).
- Amongst its dividend-issuing peers in the mid-sized market cap category, JW.A's beta -- a measure of volatility relative to the market at large -- is lower than 88.13% of them.
JW.A Dividend Chart
JW.A Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
JW.A Dividends vs. Peers
|1||GCI||Gannett Co., Inc.||29.92%|
|2||NEWM||New Media Investment Group Inc.||24.20%|
|3||AHC||A.H. Belo Corporation (TX)||11.85%|
|4||JW.A||John Wiley & Sons, Inc.||4.45%|
|5||JW.B||John Wiley & Sons, Inc.||4.29%|
|6||VALU||Value Line, Inc.||3.11%|
|8||NYT||New York Times Company (The)||0.59%|
|9||TPCO||Tribune Publishing Company||0.00%|
|10||MNI||McClatchy Company (The)||0.00%|
|11||LEE||Lee Enterprises, Incorporated||0.00%|
|12||DJCO||Daily Journal Corp. (S.C.)||0.00%|