John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (JW.A) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- Regarding free cash flow variation: JW.A reports less variability in its cash flow than 93.53% of dividend stocks in our set.
- In terms of history, this is the 21st quarter in a row dividends for JW.A have increased.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with JW.A's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: GHG, SUPV, SPRT, ELLO and LAND.
JW.A Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
For dividend yielding stocks, the Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a common valuation tool; it attempts to extrapolate a fair share price based primarily on the dividend the stock provides relative to a number of other quantiative aspects of its business. Regarding John Wiley & Sons Inc, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a negative return of 5.75% relative to its current price. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for John Wiley & Sons Inc are:
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector, the expected return of -5.75%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than 84.67% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- In comparison to other stocks in the small-sized revenue class, its discount rate is lower than that of 12.2% of dividend stocks in the same revenue class (a low discount rate is associated with lower risk).
- Compared to all dividend issuing stocks in our set, John Wiley & Sons Inc bears a discount rate, according to our calculations, lower than 84.67% of them (lower discount rates are generally perceived as positive, and a sign of lower risk).
- Beta, which compares volatilty of an individual stock to that of the S&P 500, is lower for JW.A than it is for 86.67% of other equities in the Consumer Cyclical sector that also issue dividends.
JW.A Dividend Chart
JW.A Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
JW.A Dividends vs. Peers
|1||NEWM||New Media Investment Group Inc.||24.20%|
|2||AHC||A.H. Belo Corporation (TX)||8.29%|
|3||JW.B||John Wiley & Sons, Inc.||2.93%|
|4||JW.A||John Wiley & Sons, Inc.||2.87%|
|5||VALU||Value Line, Inc.||2.80%|
|6||EDUC||Educational Development Corporation||2.68%|
|8||NYT||New York Times Company (The)||0.49%|
|9||UONEK||Urban One, Inc.||0.00%|
|10||TPCO||Tribune Publishing Company||0.00%|
|11||PBSFY||ProSiebenSat.1 Media SE||0.00%|
|12||MNI||McClatchy Company (The)||0.00%|
|13||GCI||Gannett Co. Inc.||0.00%|
|14||LEE||Lee Enterprises, Incorporated||0.00%|
|15||DJCO||Daily Journal Corp. (S.C.)||0.00%|
|16||NTN||NTN Buzztime, Inc.||0.00%|
|19||SGPRY||Singapore Press Holdings Limited||0.00%|
|20||THDDY||TV Asahi Holdings Corporation||0.00%|