Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. Common Shares (KL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KL POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where KL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.81% of US stocks.
- KL's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- KL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
KL Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -70.62%, Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd's debt growth rate surpasses only 4.58% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd is reporting a growth rate of 191.65%; that's higher than 90.61% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that KL's revenue has grown 168.6% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 96.16% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd are GHSI, EZPW, RMTI, KNX, and CNA.
- Visit KL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.klgold.com.
KL Valuation Summary
- KL's price/sales ratio is 4.4; this is 158.82% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 48 months, KL's price/earnings ratio has gone down 20.4.
- KL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 48 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KL.
KL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.33||52-week high||$57.69|
|Prev. close||$39.67||52-week low||$31.72|
|Day high||$39.77||Avg. volume||1,803,773|
|50-day MA||$41.31||Dividend yield||0.78%|
|200-day MA||$40.28||Market Cap||10.50B|
Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. Common Shares (KL) Company Bio
Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. engages in the exploration and development of gold properties. The company owns and operates five underground gold mines, including the Macassa mine, the Holt mine, and the Taylor mine in Ontario, Canada; and the Fosterville Mine in Victoria and the Cosmo Mine in Northern Territory, Australia, as well as four milling facilities in Canada and Australia. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Toronto, Canada.
KL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. To summarize, we found that Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd ranked in the 82th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 369.83%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 148.1 -- which is good for besting 97.49% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Basic Materials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 0% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 3.47% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- KL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 61.86% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
KL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KL Latest Social Stream
View Full KL Social Stream
Latest KL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KL as an investment opportunity.
Both Kirkland Lake Gold (TSX:KL)(NYSE:KL) and Barrick Gold (TSX:ABX)(NYSE:GOLD) are two gold stocks investors should own today. The post Worried About Volatility? Here Are 2 Gold Stocks to Buy Today appeared first on The Motley Fool Canada .
svedoliver/iStock via Getty ImagesIt's been a rough few weeks for the Gold Miners Index (GDX), and with the gold price (GLD) sliding back towards the $1,800/oz level, higher-cost producers with all-in costs near $1,500/oz are set to see significant margin compression (barring a gold price rebound). Fortunately, Kirkland Lake Gold...
Kirkland Lake Gold (KL) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
TORONTO, July 15, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. (“Kirkland Lake Gold” or the “Company”) (TSX:KL) (NYSE:KL) (ASX:KLA) today announced that the Company will release its financial and operating results for the second quarter and first half of 2021 after the market close on Wednesday, July 28, 2021, Eastern Time (“ET”). The Company will then host a conference call to review the results on Thursday, July 29, 2021 at 10:00 am ET. Those wishing to join the call can do so using the te
We think this junior explorer is on track to de-risk what may wind up as the most exciting and potentially profitable metals exploration story of the year
KL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|