Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. Common Shares (KL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
KL POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where KL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for KL is in Sentiment, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- KL ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
KL Stock Summary
- KL's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 139.23 -- higher than 83.82% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of NA's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 16.16% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of NA's share price is greater than that of only 13.84% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NA, a group of peers worth examining would be VET, WPM, CLVT, SBSW, and MOMO.
KL Valuation Summary
- KL's price/sales ratio is 4.6; this is 187.5% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- KL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 7.5 over the prior 49 months.
- Over the past 49 months, KL's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for KL.
KL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- KL has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.56% of graded US stocks.
- KL's asset turnover comes in at 0.51 -- ranking 11th of 47 Precious Metals stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows KL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
KL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
KL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.92||52-week high||$46.98|
|Prev. close||$39.01||52-week low||$31.72|
|Day high||$39.52||Avg. volume||1,780,135|
|50-day MA||$39.68||Dividend yield||1.93%|
|200-day MA||$41.13||Market Cap||10.26B|
Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. Common Shares (KL) Company Bio
Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. engages in the exploration and development of gold properties. The company owns and operates five underground gold mines, including the Macassa mine, the Holt mine, and the Taylor mine in Ontario, Canada; and the Fosterville Mine in Victoria and the Cosmo Mine in Northern Territory, Australia, as well as four milling facilities in Canada and Australia. The company was founded in 1983 and is based in Toronto, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
KL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
KL Latest Social Stream
View Full KL Social Stream
Latest KL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate KL as an investment opportunity.
(Kitco News) - Agnico Eagle Mines and Kirkland Lake Gold today announced the successful completion of the previously announced merger of equals transaction.
TORONTO , Feb. 08, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (TSX:AEM, NYSE:AEM) (“Agnico Eagle”) and Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. (TSX:KL, NYSE:KL, ASX:KLA) (“Kirkland Lake Gold”) are pleased to announce the successful completion of the previously announced merger of equals transaction (the “Merger”). The combined company will continue as Agnico Eagle Mines Limited and will remain listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) and New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker “AEM”. In aggre
Englewood Cliffs, NJ, based Investment company Alpine Associates Management Inc. (Current Portfolio) buys Cerner Corp, Kirkland Lake Gold, Rogers Corp, CyrusOne Inc, Arena Pharmaceuticals Inc, sells , , , Five9 Inc, Covanta Holding Corp during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Alpine Associates Management Inc..
Investment company Marlin Sams Capital Management Llc (Current Portfolio) buys Kirkland Lake Gold, ProShares Short QQQ, Pan American Silver Corp, Sprott Physical Gold and Silver Trust during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Marlin Sams Capital Management Llc.
The shareholders of Agnico Eagle Mines Limited (TSX: AEM) and Kirkland Lake Gold Ltd. (TSX: KL) have agreed to a merger of equals resulting in the combination of the two companies by plan of arrangement. Each share of Kirkland Lake Gold will be exchanged for 0.7935 shares of Agnico Eagle Mines. Kirkland Lake Gold will be removed from the S&P/TSX Composite Index and S&P/TSX 60 Index prior to the open of trading on Wednesday, February 9, 2022.
KL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|