MEDIFAST INC (MED) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- In terms of debt burden relative to earnings, MED has an EBITDA to net debt ratio of 97,295,000, ranking above 91.01% stocks in our set (note that its net debt is negative, meaning it has more cash than debt).
- If price volatilty is something you're paying attention to when building your dividend portfolio, know that MED has less fluctuation in its price than just 9.5% of stocks we're observing.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with MED's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: KRG, NAT, MUFG, ROST and JPM.
MED Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
For dividend yielding stocks, the Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a common valuation tool; it attempts to extrapolate a fair share price based primarily on the dividend the stock provides relative to a number of other quantiative aspects of its business. As for MED, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a positive return of 3.7% relative to its current price. To help understand and contextualize the model's evaluation of MED, investors may wish to consider are:
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector, Medifast Inc's expected return of 3.7% is higher than 81.76% of its fellow sector mates.
- MED's annual revenue of 759 million US dollars puts it in the small-sized revenue class; relative to suck stocks, its discount rate is lower than that of 13.85% of dividend stocks in the same revenue class (a low discount rate is associated with lower risk).
- Compared to all dividend issuing stocks in our set, Medifast Inc bears a discount rate, according to our calculations, lower than 81.76% of them (lower discount rates are generally perceived as positive, and a sign of lower risk).
- Amongst its dividend-issuing peers in the mid-sized market cap category, MED's beta -- a measure of volatility relative to the market at large -- is lower than 85.02% of them.
MED Dividend Chart
MED Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
MED Dividends vs. Peers
|1||NHTC||Natural Health Trends Corp. - Commn Stock||14.11%|
|3||NUS||Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc.||2.93%|
|6||HLF||Herbalife Nutrition Ltd.||0.00%|
|8||WW||Weight Watchers International Inc||0.00%|
|9||YGYI||Youngevity International, Inc.||0.00%|
|10||USNA||USANA Health Sciences, Inc.||0.00%|
|11||NAII||Natural Alternatives International, Inc.||0.00%|
|12||NATR||Nature's Sunshine Products, Inc.||0.00%|
|14||levb||Level Brands, Inc.||0.00%|
|15||hexo||HEXO Corp. Common Shares||0.00%|