The Michaels Companies, Inc. (MIK): Price and Financial Metrics
MIK Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for MIK is -3.65 -- better than merely 2.87% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for MIK is currently 2.93, higher than just 10.9% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- MIK's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 4.29% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Michaels Companies Inc are MNRO, RBC, TPB, MHO, and SIC.
- Visit MIK's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.michaels.com.
MIK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MIK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.81||52-week high||$22.30|
|Prev. close||$21.83||52-week low||$1.00|
|Day high||$21.92||Avg. volume||6,610,979|
|50-day MA||$15.35||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$10.24||Market Cap||3.22B|
The Michaels Companies, Inc. (MIK) Company Bio
Michaels Companies owns and operates a chain of arts and crafts specialty retail stores under the Michaels and Aaron Brothers names in North America. The company was founded in 2013 and is based in Irving, Texas.
MIK Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Michaels Companies Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Michaels Companies Inc ranked in the 84th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 553.83%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MIK, they are:
- 44% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 14.95% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Michaels Companies Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 13.48% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), Michaels Companies Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 84.52% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MIK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MIK Latest Social Stream
View Full MIK Social Stream
Latest MIK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Michaels Companies Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MIK as an investment opportunity.
Michaels Companies (MIK): Q4 Non-GAAP EPS of $1.69 beats by $0.23; GAAP EPS of $1.72 beats by $0.27.Revenue of $1.92B (+11.6% Y/Y) beats by $90M.Press Release...
ALERT: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates SVBI, FPRX, MIK, JCS; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies:
The Michaels (MIK) is likely to go private after being acquired by Apollo in a deal worth $5 billion. The transaction is expected to close by the first half of fiscal 2021.
NEW YORK, March 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Moore Kuehn, PLLC, a law firm focusing in securities litigation located on Wall Street in downtown New York City, is investigating potential claims concerning whether the following proposed mergers are fair to shareholders. Moore Kuehn may seek increased consideration, additional disclosures, or other relief on behalf of the shareholders of these companies: The Michaels Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIK) The Michaels Companies, Inc. has agreed to be acquired by affiliates of Apollo Global Management. Under the proposed transaction, shareholders of Michaels will receive $22.00 per share. Starboard Value Acquisition Corp. (NASDAQ: SVAC) Starboard Value Acquisition Corp. has agreed to merge with Cyxtera Technologies. Under the proposed transaction, C...
Michaels (MIK) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 7.64% and 1.85%, respectively, for the quarter ended January 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
MIK Price Returns
Continue Researching MIKHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Michaels Companies Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!