Vail Resorts, Inc. (MTN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MTN POWR Grades
- MTN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 90.05% of US stocks.
- MTN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- MTN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
MTN Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 955.07, Vail Resorts Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 95.66% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Vail Resorts Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 0.49% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For MTN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 93.09% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Vail Resorts Inc are REG, KRG, MSEX, PEAK, and HTA.
- Visit MTN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vailresorts.com.
MTN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, MTN's EV/EBIT ratio is 162.57% higher, now standing at 49.1.
- Over the past 243 months, MTN's price/sales ratio has gone up 5.7.
- Over the past 243 months, MTN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 33.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MTN.
MTN Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 19.47%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -16.32%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -59.91%.
The table below shows MTN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MTN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MTN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$299.23||52-week high||$338.50|
|Prev. close||$300.91||52-week low||$185.62|
|Day high||$300.80||Avg. volume||370,550|
|50-day MA||$318.65||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$295.45||Market Cap||12.05B|
Vail Resorts, Inc. (MTN) Company Bio
Vail Resorts operates mountain resorts and urban ski areas in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Mountain, Lodging, and Real Estate. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in Broomfield, Colorado.
MTN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Vail Resorts Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Vail Resorts Inc ranked in the 12th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Vail Resorts Inc, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 81% of its capital from equity, and 19% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 63.93% of US equities in the Consumer Cyclical sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.45 years comes in at 0.02%; that's greater than just 24.63% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Vail Resorts Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MTN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MTN Latest Social Stream
View Full MTN Social Stream
Latest MTN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vail Resorts Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MTN as an investment opportunity.
With economies re-opening, consumers are on a tear with their 'revenge spending'.
There are a few key trends to look for if we want to identify the next multi-bagger. Firstly, we'll want to see a...
A Lone Tree man and part-time Breckenridge resident recorded 12.4 million vertical feet in 188 days this winter on the Vail Resorts EpicMix application. The achievement by 62-year-old Brad Blacketor of Lone Tree equated to
Vail Resorts (MTN) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Vail Resorts Inc (MTN): Price Down $-3.18 (-0.98)% Over Past Day, Down $-0.16 (-0.05)% Over Past Hour
1 of note is that the 100 hour changed directions on mtn; it is now pointing up. The post Vail Resorts Inc (MTN): Price Down $-3.18 (-0.98)% Over Past Day, Down $-0.16 (-0.05)% Over Past Hour appeared first on ETF Daily News .
MTN Price Returns