Vail Resorts, Inc. (MTN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MTN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where MTN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.46% of US stocks.
- MTN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- MTN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
MTN Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 2,280.32, Vail Resorts Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 98.38% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Vail Resorts Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.34% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For MTN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 92.22% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MTN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SITC, HPP, RPAI, COLD, and PKOH.
- Visit MTN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.vailresorts.com.
MTN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MTN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$323.64||52-week high||$338.50|
|Prev. close||$311.19||52-week low||$161.72|
|Day high||$326.06||Avg. volume||429,242|
|50-day MA||$310.03||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$267.45||Market Cap||13.03B|
Vail Resorts, Inc. (MTN) Company Bio
Vail Resorts operates mountain resorts and urban ski areas in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Mountain, Lodging, and Real Estate. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in Broomfield, Colorado.
MTN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Vail Resorts Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Vail Resorts Inc ranked in the 14th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Vail Resorts Inc, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 80% of its capital from equity, and 20% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 61.73% of US equities in the Consumer Cyclical sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Vail Resorts Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 10%; for context, that number is higher than 69.71% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Vail Resorts Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than just 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MTN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MTN Latest Social Stream
View Full MTN Social Stream
Latest MTN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vail Resorts Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MTN as an investment opportunity.
Vail Resorts (MTN) might move higher on growing optimism about its earnings prospects, which is reflected by its upgrade to a Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy).
Carnival CCL) cancels almost all of its Carnival Cruise Line voyages through Jul 30.
Today we're going to take a look at the well-established Vail Resorts, Inc. ( NYSE:MTN ). The company's stock received...
Vail Resorts (MTN) is witnessing improvement in visitations at Colorado and Utah resorts. The company announced that local visitation remained mostly in line with the expectations.
The ski-resort company raised its earnings forecast for the nine months ending on April 30, helping to lift its stock back toward its highest levels on record.
MTN Price Returns