Vail Resorts, Inc. (MTN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MTN POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where MTN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.44% of US stocks.
- MTN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- MTN ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
MTN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Vail Resorts Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Vail Resorts Inc is higher than it is for about 93.36% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Vail Resorts Inc is reporting a growth rate of 274.27%; that's higher than 92.18% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Vail Resorts Inc are FLNG, BEPC, FE, AES, and SVC.
- MTN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Vail Resorts Inc's official web site, go to www.vailresorts.com.
MTN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, MTN's price/sales ratio is 122.58% higher, now standing at 6.9.
- Over the past 243 months, MTN's price/sales ratio has gone up 5.6.
- Over the past 243 months, MTN's price/earnings ratio has gone up 70.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MTN.
MTN Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 56.69%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 34.55%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 6.05%.
The table below shows MTN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MTN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MTN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.21% of graded US stocks.
- MTN's asset turnover comes in at 0.317 -- ranking 26th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- SEAS, MCS, and LYV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MTN.
The table below shows MTN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MTN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MTN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$223.15||52-week high||$376.24|
|Prev. close||$218.05||52-week low||$213.60|
|Day high||$223.56||Avg. volume||433,712|
|50-day MA||$241.55||Dividend yield||3.42%|
|200-day MA||$288.37||Market Cap||8.98B|
Vail Resorts, Inc. (MTN) Company Bio
Vail Resorts operates mountain resorts and urban ski areas in the United States. The company operates in three segments: Mountain, Lodging, and Real Estate. The company was founded in 1997 and is based in Broomfield, Colorado.
Most Popular Stories View All
MTN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MTN Latest Social Stream
View Full MTN Social Stream
Latest MTN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Vail Resorts Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MTN as an investment opportunity.
The five-year decline in earnings for Vail Resorts NYSE:MTN) isn't encouraging, but shareholders are still up 60% over that period
While Vail Resorts, Inc. ( NYSE:MTN ) shareholders are probably generally happy, the stock hasn't had particularly good...
Carter's (CRI) Q4 results are likely to reflect gains from solid demand and sturdy e-commerce business. Higher freight costs and supply-chain issues are likely to have acted as deterrents.
Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) announced today it will release the Company's financial results for its fiscal second quarter 2022 ended January 31, 2022 after market close on Monday, March 14, 2022. The Company will host a conference call at 5:00 p.m. eastern time that same day during which Company executives will review the financial results.
Camping World (CWH) fourth-quarter results are likely to reflect robust Finance and insurance, New vehicles and Used vehicles revenues.
With sentiment souring over inflation and other concerns, contrarians may have an opportunity to bank on certain stocks to buy like these.
MTN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|