Vail Resorts Inc. (MTN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MTN POWR Grades
- MTN scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 89.38% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MTN is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- MTN's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 22.83% of US stocks).
MTN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of VAIL RESORTS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.53% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for VAIL RESORTS INC is higher than it is for about 94.64% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, MTN has reported earnings growth of 108.92%, putting it ahead of 86.41% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MTN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BKH, WTRG, ARTNA, HEP, and SWX.
- MTN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VAIL RESORTS INC's official web site, go to www.vailresorts.com.
MTN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, MTN's price/sales ratio is 412.5% higher, now standing at 4.1.
- Over the past 243 months, MTN's price/earnings ratio has gone down 54.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MTN.
MTN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 2.86%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 174.48%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 93.84%.
The table below shows MTN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MTN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MTN has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 84.21% of graded US stocks.
- MTN's asset turnover comes in at 0.317 -- ranking 26th of 44 Entertainment stocks.
- SEAS, MCS, and LYV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MTN.
The table below shows MTN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MTN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MTN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$256.51||52-week high||$348.42|
|Prev. close||$258.83||52-week low||$201.91|
|Day high||$258.35||Avg. volume||422,419|
|50-day MA||$226.50||Dividend yield||2.98%|
|200-day MA||$237.35||Market Cap||10.33B|
Vail Resorts Inc. (MTN) Company Bio
Vail Resorts, Inc. is an American mountain resort company headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado. The company is divided into three divisions. The mountain segment owns and operates 40 mountain resorts in four countries, Vail Resorts Hospitality owns or manages hotels, lodging, condominiums and golf courses, and the Vail Resorts Development Company oversees property development and real estate holdings. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
MTN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MTN Latest Social Stream
View Full MTN Social Stream
Latest MTN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VAIL RESORTS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MTN as an investment opportunity.
RICK vs. MTN: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Vail Resorts Inc (NYSE: MTN) has appointed Angela Korch as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, effective December 22, 2022. Korch will succeed Michael Barkin, who announced his resignation in July 2022 to pursue personal opportunities. Barkin remained in his role to support the transition to his successor. His last day will be January 1, 2023. Korch rejoins Vail Resorts from CorePower Yoga, where she served as CFO since May 2020, after previously spending more than a decade in
Vail Resorts Inc. late Monday named Angela Korch as its next chief financial officer beginning Dec. 22, to succeed Michael Barkin, who announced plans to retire back in July. Vail noted that Korch "rejoins" the company after serving as financial chief at CorePower Yoga since May 2020. Korch started working for Vail back in 2010 and rose to heading the company's Corporate & Mountain Finance division. Korch and Barkin will work together in the handoff until Barkin's last day on Jan. 1, 2023. "We a
Vail Resorts, Inc. (NYSE: MTN) today announced the appointment of Angela Korch as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, effective Dec. 22, 2022. Angela rejoins Vail Resorts from CorePower Yoga, where she served as Chief Financial Officer since May 2020, after previously spending more than a decade in successive leadership roles within Vail Resorts' finance organization, working closely with the company's current CFO, Michael Barkin.
When looking for the best stocks to buy and watch, one factor to watch closely is relative price strength. Is Vail Resorts Stock A Buy? Vail Resorts stock retook its 200-day moving average mid-November and has been rallying.
MTN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|