Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MUR POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MUR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MUR is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- MUR ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
MUR Stock Summary
- MUR's went public 35.45 years ago, making it older than 92.79% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Murphy Oil Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.04% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that MUR's revenue has grown -57.58% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of just 5.6% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Murphy Oil Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be LAUR, CRS, DRH, INSW, and TALO.
- MUR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Murphy Oil Corp's official web site, go to www.murphyoilcorp.com.
MUR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MUR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.71||52-week high||$24.90|
|Prev. close||$23.58||52-week low||$7.00|
|Day high||$24.06||Avg. volume||3,558,167|
|50-day MA||$19.39||Dividend yield||2.11%|
|200-day MA||$14.17||Market Cap||3.66B|
Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR) Company Bio
Murphy Oil explores for and produces crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids across the world. The company was founded in 1964 and is based in El Dorado, Arkansas.
MUR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for MUR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Murphy Oil Corp ranked in the 7th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for MUR, they are:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.76 years, is -0.23% -- higher than just 6.98% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Murphy Oil Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -5.06. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 10.64% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Murphy Oil Corp experienced a tax rate of about 21% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Energy), this tax rate is higher than 84.65% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
MUR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MUR Latest Social Stream
View Full MUR Social Stream
Latest MUR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Murphy Oil Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MUR as an investment opportunity.
HOUSTON, Jun 11, 2021--Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE: MUR) today announced that Roger W. Jenkins, President and Chief Executive Officer, will present at the virtual J.P. Morgan 2021 Energy, Power & Renewables Conference on Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 11:10 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE: MUR) announced today the appointment of Michelle A. Earley to Murphy’s Board of Directors, effective June 10, 2021.
Murphy Oil's (MUR) focus on developing high-margin liquid assets and ramping up its cost-controlling efforts along with sustaining a solid portfolio will strengthen its existing businesses.
The following slide deck was published by Murphy Oil Corporation in conjunction with this event....
While Murphy Oil's (MUR) contracted production volumes due to winter storms might have a negative bearing on its results, output from new wells is expected to have cushioned its Q1 earnings.
MUR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|