Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MUR POWR Grades
- MUR scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MUR is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- MUR ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 22nd percentile.
MUR Stock Summary
- Murphy Oil Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Murphy Oil Corp is higher than only 13.98% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of Murphy Oil Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.71% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MUR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AGI, KOS, USAS, HP, and WLL.
- Visit MUR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.murphyoilcorp.com.
MUR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, MUR's EV/EBIT ratio is 147.93% lower, now standing at -8.7.
- Over the past 243 months, MUR's price/earnings ratio has gone down 12.4.
- MUR's price/earnings ratio has moved down 12.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MUR.
MUR Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -3.62%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 72.02%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 73.49%.
The table below shows MUR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MUR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MUR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 72.32% of graded US stocks.
- MUR's asset turnover comes in at 0.16 -- ranking 117th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- HP, PARR, and RNGR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MUR.
The table below shows MUR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MUR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MUR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.40||52-week high||$44.63|
|Prev. close||$40.91||52-week low||$18.44|
|Day high||$42.49||Avg. volume||1,952,349|
|50-day MA||$38.98||Dividend yield||1.71%|
|200-day MA||$30.81||Market Cap||6.59B|
Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR) Company Bio
Murphy Oil explores for and produces crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids across the world. The company was founded in 1964 and is based in El Dorado, Arkansas.
Most Popular Stories View All
MUR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MUR Latest Social Stream
View Full MUR Social Stream
Latest MUR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Murphy Oil Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MUR as an investment opportunity.
Murphy Oil is poised to benefit from high energy prices by generating more cash and returning it to shareholders.
Over the past 3 months, 4 analysts have published their opinion on Murphy Oil (NYSE: MUR ) stock. These analysts are typically employed by large Wall Street banks and tasked with understanding a company''s business to predict how a stock will trade over the upcoming year. Bullish Somewhat Bullish Indifferent Somewhat Bearish Bearish Total Ratings 2 1 1 0 0 Last 30D 1 0 0 0 0 1M Ago 1 0 1 0 0 2M Ago 0 0 0 0 0 3M Ago 0 1 0 0 0 In the last 3 months, 4 analysts have offered 12-month price targets for Murphy Oil. The company has an average price target of $39.0 with a … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Upgrades According to Mizuho, the prior rating for Murphy Oil Corp (NYSE: MUR ) was changed from Neutral to Buy. In the fourth quarter, Murphy Oil showed an EPS of $0.40, compared to $0.09 from the year-ago quarter. The stock has a 52-week-high of $35.31 and a 52-week-low of $13.51. At the end of the last trading period, Murphy Oil closed at $34.48. For Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co (NASDAQ: GT ), Nomura Instinet upgraded the previous rating of Reduce to Neutral. Goodyear Tire & Rubber earned $0.57 in the fourth quarter, compared to $0.44 in the year-ago quarter. The current stock performance of Goodyear Tire & Rubber shows a 52-week-high of $24.89 and a 52-week-low of $13.45. Moreover, at the end of the last trading period, the closing price was at $15.78. Also check out: 4 Penny Stocks In...
Murphy Oil Corporation's ( NYSE:MUR ) dividend will be increasing to US$0.15 on 1st of March. Although the dividend is...
Investment company Affinity Wealth Management Llc (Current Portfolio) buys Fidelity Total Bond ETF, First Trust Dorsey Wright Focus 5 ETF, Abbott Laboratories, Marvell Technology Inc, Micron Technology Inc, sells iShares Intermediate Credit Bond ETF, First Trust TCW Opportunistic Fixed Income ETF, iShares J.P.
MUR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|