Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
MUR POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where MUR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.23% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for MUR is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- MUR's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 7.94% of US stocks).
MUR Stock Summary
- MUR's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1.13 -- higher than only 6.19% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Murphy Oil Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, MUR has reported earnings growth of -358.07%, putting it ahead of just 6.22% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Murphy Oil Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be SM, GTE, DRH, REI, and MRO.
- Visit MUR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.murphyoilcorp.com.
MUR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, MUR's EV/EBIT ratio is 147.93% lower, now standing at -8.7.
- Over the past 243 months, MUR's price/earnings ratio has gone down 12.4.
- MUR's price/earnings ratio has moved down 12.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for MUR.
MUR Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -53.59%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 73.49%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -57.58%.
The table below shows MUR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
MUR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- MUR has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.5% of graded US stocks.
- MUR's asset turnover comes in at 0.16 -- ranking 118th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- TTI, HP, and PARR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with MUR.
The table below shows MUR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
MUR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MUR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.21||52-week high||$25.97|
|Prev. close||$20.12||52-week low||$7.00|
|Day high||$21.61||Avg. volume||3,115,237|
|50-day MA||$21.00||Dividend yield||2.49%|
|200-day MA||$18.49||Market Cap||3.28B|
Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR) Company Bio
Murphy Oil explores for and produces crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids across the world. The company was founded in 1964 and is based in El Dorado, Arkansas.
Most Popular Stories View All
MUR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MUR Latest Social Stream
View Full MUR Social Stream
Latest MUR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Murphy Oil Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MUR as an investment opportunity.
Murphy Oil Corporation found using ticker (MUR) now have 16 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Hold''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 37 and 18 with a mean TP of 27.34. With the stocks previous close at 19.83 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 37.9%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 21.17 and the 200 moving average now moves to 20.2. The market capitalisation for the company is $3,133m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="MUR" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Murphy Oil Corporation operates as an oil and natural gas exploration and production company in the United States, Canada, and internationally. It explores for...
Suncor announced Wednesday that the co-owners of the Terra Nova FPSO have finalized an agreement to restructure the project ownership and move forward with the Asset Life Extension Project. Suncor, Cenovus and Murphy Oil, now control 100% of the project with the following increased ownership positions: Suncor 48% (previously approximately 38%); Cenovus 34%  The post Suncor announces deal to continue Terra Nova project appeared first on ntv.ca .
Murphy Oil (MUR) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past two months, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
The post Murphy Oil Eyes Return to Salina Basin Drilling Next Year appeared first on Natural Gas Intelligence
The board of Murphy Oil Corporation ( NYSE:MUR ) has announced that it will pay a dividend of US$0.13 per share on the...
MUR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|