Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR): Price and Financial Metrics
MUR Stock Summary
- Murphy Oil Corp's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.77% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Murphy Oil Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.6% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Murphy Oil Corp is reporting a growth rate of -192.01%; that's higher than merely 10.4% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to MUR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CDEV, SM, MRO, CNX, and NBR.
- Visit MUR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.murphyoilcorp.com.
MUR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
MUR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.51||52-week high||$19.69|
|Prev. close||$16.78||52-week low||$4.50|
|Day high||$17.61||Avg. volume||4,761,047|
|50-day MA||$13.90||Dividend yield||2.98%|
|200-day MA||$12.38||Market Cap||2.54B|
Murphy Oil Corporation (MUR) Company Bio
Murphy Oil explores for and produces crude oil, natural gas and natural gas liquids across the world. The company was founded in 1964 and is based in El Dorado, Arkansas.
MUR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
MUR Latest Social Stream
View Full MUR Social Stream
Latest MUR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Murphy Oil Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate MUR as an investment opportunity.
Murphy Oil's (MUR) focus on developing high-margin liquid assets and cost-controlling efforts along with sustaining a multi-basin portfolio will further strengthen its operating performance.
HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Murphy Oil Corporation (“Murphy Oil” or the “company”) (NYSE: MUR) today announced several compensation decisions, including changes to the compensation of the company’s executives and to the director compensation program for 2021. The changes for 2021 are part of a multi-year review process, driven by changes in the company’s asset portfolio, evolving industry practices and shareholder feedback. We believe the changes we have made serve to better align the compensatio
Citigroup analyst Scott Gruber estimates that a total ban on new development wells could just about wipe out Gulf production in less than a decade.
There are more signs that oil’s brutal year is ending, and that a decade of underperformance in related stocks could reverse.
No summary available.
MUR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching MURWant to see what other sources are saying about Murphy Oil Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!