Norfolk Southern Corporation (NSC) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- NSC has issued more total dividends (as measured in absolute US dollars) over the past six years than 89.55% of other US stocks currently paying dividends.
- In terms of absolute dollars distributed to common shareholders over the past 12 months, NSC has returned $967,000,000 US dollars, more than 88.3% of US dividend issuers.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with NSC's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: ZYXI, HX, AMK, SPH and NLOK.
NSC Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a valuation model that attempts to determine a fair share price for a stock, based on the dividend it provides in comparison to several company-specific metrics indicative of the riskiness of the stock and the financial health of the company. Regarding Norfolk Southern Corp, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a negative return of 62.61% relative to its current price. To help understand and contextualize the model's evaluation of NSC, investors may wish to consider are:
- NSC generates about 10 billion US dollars in revenue annually; relative to its peers in the large-sized revenue class, it has a dividend yield higher than 30.82%.
- In terms of opportunity, NSC's provides a return of -62.61% based on the forecast of the dividend discount model we used relative to its current share price; this is a better return than 28.06% of all stocks we measured with our dividend discount model.
- Beta, a measure of volatility relative to the stock market overall, is lower for Norfolk Southern Corp than it is for 29.65% of other dividend issuers in the Industrials sector.
NSC Dividend Chart
NSC Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
NSC Dividends vs. Peers
|1||GSHHY||Guangshen Railway Company Limited||3.50%|
|2||TRN||Trinity Industries, Inc.||2.97%|
|3||GBX||Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (The)||2.36%|
|4||ARII||American Railcar Industries, Inc.||2.28%|
|6||UNP||Union Pacific Corporation||1.72%|
|7||NSC||Norfolk Southern Corporation||1.38%|
|8||WJRYY||West Japan Railway Company||1.30%|
|9||CNI||Canadian National Railway Company||1.17%|
|11||CP||Canadian Pacific Railway Limited||0.74%|
|12||KSU||Kansas City Southern||0.69%|
|13||CJPRY||Central Japan Railway Company||0.64%|
|14||WAB||Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corporation||0.61%|
|15||GWR||Genesee & Wyoming Inc.||0.00%|
|16||KIQ||Kelso Technologies Inc Ordinary Shares||0.00%|
|17||RAIL||Freightcar America, Inc.||0.00%|
|18||EJPRY||East Japan Railway Company||0.00%|
|19||CDGLY||ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited||0.00%|
|20||MTCPY||MTR Corporation Limited||0.00%|