News Corporation - (NWSA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NWSA POWR Grades
- NWSA scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 98.72% of US stocks.
- NWSA's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- NWSA ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 38th percentile.
NWSA Stock Summary
- NWSA has a market capitalization of $13,531,637,776 -- more than approximately 84.12% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, News Corp is reporting a growth rate of -196.12%; that's higher than merely 10.09% of US stocks.
- The volatility of News Corp's share price is greater than that of only 13.39% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to News Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be FCNCA, VIV, BWA, FNF, and TFII.
- NWSA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit News Corp's official web site, go to newscorp.com.
NWSA Valuation Summary
- NWSA's price/sales ratio is 1.4; this is 0% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 100 months, NWSA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 36.3.
- Over the past 100 months, NWSA's price/earnings ratio has gone up 45.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NWSA.
NWSA Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 151.05%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 16.38%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -16.43%.
The table below shows NWSA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NWSA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NWSA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 61.06% of graded US stocks.
- NWSA's asset turnover comes in at 0.607 -- ranking 8th of 14 Printing and Publishing stocks.
- MDP, NYT, and HMHC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NWSA.
The table below shows NWSA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NWSA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NWSA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.15||52-week high||$26.42|
|Prev. close||$15.49||52-week low||$14.95|
|Day high||$15.16||Avg. volume||3,186,262|
|50-day MA||$17.75||Dividend yield||1.31%|
|200-day MA||$21.29||Market Cap||8.87B|
News Corporation - (NWSA) Company Bio
News Corporation is a diversified media and information services company. The Company operates in five segments: News and Information Services, Cable Network Programming, Digital Real Estate Services, Book Publishing, and Other. The company was founded in 1979 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
NWSA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NWSA Latest Social Stream
View Full NWSA Social Stream
Latest NWSA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about News Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NWSA as an investment opportunity.
The Malaysia Airlines MH370 flight that mystified the world was lost in a murder-suicide plot, two top air crash investigators have concluded. During the Sky News documentary MH370: The Final Search which aired on Wednesday night, top aviation safety investigator and retired pilot, John Cox said the loss of MH370 was no accident. The Malaysia Airlines flight was carrying 239 passengers and crew when it went missing above the Indian ocean. The baffling loss of the plane prompted search efforts and speculation when it went missing in 2014. Pictured: John M. Cox has been a pilot, author, and aircraft accident investigator and appeared on the TV series Air Crash Investigation. Cox believes that the evidence doesn’t stack up with existing theories. He told Sky the plane’s twisting route leav...
Last week, a trade group representing major publishers including The New York Times, National Public Radio, News Corp. and Associated Press wrote to leaders of the Senate Judiciary Committee advocating for two bills that would curtail the dominance of tech giants in the U.S. The Open App Markets Act, aimed at Big Tech companies such
NWSA Acknowledges Support from Senators Wyden and Merkley for National Type 2 IA Crew Contracts Awards
MILL CITY, Ore. , Feb. 22, 2022 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- After a rigorous review process, the U.S. Forest Service recently awarded several National Wildfire Suppression Association (NWSA) members contracts for National Type 2 IA Crews. Senators Ron Wyden and Jeff Merkley''s recognition of the important role of Professional Private Wildland Fire services and their support of these contract awards help ensure NWSA members can assist agency partners in wildfire suppression efforts. NWSA members make Full story available on Benzinga.com
Realtor.com® January Rental Report: Buying a Starter Home is More Affordable than Renting in Over Half of the Largest U.S. Metros
As housing affordability issues rise across the biggest U.S. markets, new data suggests many renters who make the transition to first-time buying could save on monthly payments, according to the Realtor.com® Monthly Rental Report released today. In January, the monthly cost of buying a starter home1 was more affordable than renting a similar-sized unit in 26 of the 50 largest metros, led by secondary cities like Birmingham, Ala., Cleveland and Pittsburgh.
L1 Capital, an investment management firm, published its ‘L1 Long Short Fund Limited’ fourth quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here.
NWSA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|