Nexstar Media Group, Inc. - (NXST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NXST POWR Grades
- NXST scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 89.47% of US stocks.
- NXST's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- NXST's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 11.05% of US stocks).
NXST Stock Summary
- NXST's current price/earnings ratio is 6.07, which is higher than just 16.1% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The volatility of NEXSTAR MEDIA GROUP INC's share price is greater than that of just 15.06% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for NXST comes in at 25.5% -- higher than that of 93.01% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to NEXSTAR MEDIA GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be CLH, LILA, LAMR, FREE, and KEX.
- NXST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit NEXSTAR MEDIA GROUP INC's official web site, go to www.nexstar.tv.
NXST Valuation Summary
- NXST's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 37.14% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- Over the past 234 months, NXST's price/earnings ratio has gone up 10.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NXST.
NXST Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 275.95%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 152.51%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -4.09%.
The table below shows NXST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NXST's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- NXST has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.72% of graded US stocks.
- NXST's asset turnover comes in at 0.356 -- ranking 38th of 64 Communication stocks.
- SBGI, MARK, and IDT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with NXST.
The table below shows NXST's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
NXST Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of NXST, see our NXST price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$180.89||Average Broker Recommendation||1.28 (Strong Buy)|
NXST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NXST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$172.66||52-week high||$217.76|
|Prev. close||$170.09||52-week low||$151.01|
|Day high||$172.87||Avg. volume||372,542|
|50-day MA||$184.54||Dividend yield||3.17%|
|200-day MA||$180.63||Market Cap||6.35B|
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. - (NXST) Company Bio
Nexstar Broadcasting Group operates as a television broadcasting and digital media company in the United States. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Irving, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
NXST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NXST Latest Social Stream
View Full NXST Social Stream
Latest NXST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about NEXSTAR MEDIA GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NXST as an investment opportunity.
11 Best Communication Stocks To Buy Now
In this article, we will be taking a look at the 11 best communication stocks to buy now. To skip our detailed analysis of the communications sector, you can go directly to see the 5 Best Communication Stocks To Buy Now. The communications service sector is traditionally considered to include only media and broadcasting companies. However, […]
UPDATE 1-DirecTV sues Nexstar, station owners over retransmission fees
Satellite provider DirecTV on Tuesday sued Nexstar Media Group Inc and two other television station owners in Manhattan federal court, claiming they violated antitrust law by scheming to drive up retransmission fees for stations broadcasting the four major networks. The lawsuit seeks an order blocking Nexstar, the largest local TV station owner in the United States, from allegedly colluding with Mission Broadcasting Inc and White Knight Broadcasting Inc in fee negotiations with DirecTV.
DirecTV sues Nexstar, station owners over retransmission fees
(Reuters) -Satellite provider DirecTV on Tuesday sued Nexstar Media Group Inc and two other television station owners in Manhattan federal court, claiming they violated antitrust law by scheming to drive up retransmission fees for stations broadcasting the four major networks. The lawsuit seeks an order blocking Nexstar, the largest local TV station owner in the United States, from allegedly colluding with Mission Broadcasting Inc and White Knight Broadcasting Inc in fee negotiations with DirecTV.
The CW Network Renews and Extends Multi-Year Agreement With Youtube TV for Carriage of Its CW Affiliated Stations Across the Country
BURBANK, Calif., March 13, 2023--The CW Network renews and extends multi-year agreement with YouTube TV for carriage of its CW affiliated stations across the country.
Nexstar Reaches Multi-year Agreement With Youtube TV for Launch of 59 Nexstar Stations Including Its CW, MyNet, and Independent Television Stations
IRVING, Texas, March 13, 2023--Nexstar reaches multi-year agreement with YouTube TV for launch of 59 stations as well as NewsNation and extends carriage of its CBS-affiliates.
NXST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NXSTWant to do more research on Nexstar Media Group Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Nexstar Media Group Inc (NXST) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Nexstar Media Group Inc (NXST) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Nexstar Media Group Inc (NXST) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...