Nexstar Media Group, Inc. - (NXST): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
NXST POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where NXST ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 77.91% of US stocks.
- NXST's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- NXST ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
NXST Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 7.35, Nexstar Media Group Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 10.14% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for NXST is currently 4.89, higher than just 17.69% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Nexstar Media Group Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 15.07%, greater than the shareholder yield of 85.43% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to NXST, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are VRTS, CSIQ, RM, KOP, and GFF.
- NXST's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Nexstar Media Group Inc's official web site, go to www.nexstar.tv.
NXST Valuation Summary
- NXST's price/earnings ratio is 7.1; this is 65.95% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- NXST's price/earnings ratio has moved up 11.6 over the prior 214 months.
- NXST's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.5 over the prior 214 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for NXST.
NXST Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 284.12%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 110.03%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 81.82%.
The table below shows NXST's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
NXST Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
NXST Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$147.07||52-week high||$163.62|
|Prev. close||$148.25||52-week low||$80.42|
|Day high||$149.70||Avg. volume||423,183|
|50-day MA||$146.94||Dividend yield||1.89%|
|200-day MA||$129.18||Market Cap||6.29B|
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. - (NXST) Company Bio
Nexstar Broadcasting Group operates as a television broadcasting and digital media company in the United States. The company was founded in 1996 and is based in Irving, Texas.
NXST Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for NXST, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Nexstar Media Group Inc ranked in the 88th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 742.33%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for NXST, they are:
- 47% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 13.89% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Nexstar Media Group Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 1.67% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), Nexstar Media Group Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 85.43% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
NXST Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
NXST Latest Social Stream
View Full NXST Social Stream
Latest NXST News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Nexstar Media Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate NXST as an investment opportunity.
Nexstar (NXST) possesses the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Nexstar Media Group (NXST) has named Lee Ann Gliha as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, effective August 9, 2021.Ms. Gliha will succeed Thomas E. Carter, who was been named President and Chief Operating Officer in October 2020 and has served as the company’s Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer...
IRVING, Texas, July 26, 2021--Nexstar Media Group named Lee Ann Gliha Chief Financial Officer effective August 9, 2021, she will report to Thomas Carter, Chief Operating Officer.
IRVING, Texas, July 22, 2021--Nexstar Media promoted Ron Romines to Senior Vice President and Regional Manager, overseeing its broadcast and digital operations in various markets.
These are the communications stocks with the best value, fastest growth, and most momentum for August 2021.
NXST Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching NXSTWant to do more research on Nexstar Media Group Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Nexstar Media Group Inc (NXST) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Nexstar Media Group Inc (NXST) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Nexstar Media Group Inc (NXST) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch