Party City Holdco Inc. (PRTY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
PRTY POWR Grades
- PRTY scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 98.1% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for PRTY is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 52 weeks.
- PRTY ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
PRTY Stock Summary
- Party City Holdco Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 98.51% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 5.31, Party City Holdco Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 6.19% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 30.51 for Party City Holdco Inc; that's greater than it is for 98.7% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to PRTY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DXLG, SBH, HMHC, VOYA, and SUMR.
- PRTY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Party City Holdco Inc's official web site, go to www.partycity.com.
PRTY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, PRTY's price/sales ratio is 87.1% lower, now standing at 0.4.
- Over the past 78 months, PRTY's price/earnings ratio has gone down 38.
- Over the past 78 months, PRTY's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for PRTY.
PRTY Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -1.77%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -85.73%.
- The 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 17.62%.
The table below shows PRTY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
PRTY's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- PRTY has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.09% of graded US stocks.
- PRTY's asset turnover comes in at 0.757 -- ranking 150th of 165 Retail stocks.
- CWH, ODP, and GPI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with PRTY.
The table below shows PRTY's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
PRTY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
PRTY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.54||52-week high||$11.06|
|Prev. close||$7.56||52-week low||$1.67|
|Day high||$7.77||Avg. volume||2,722,309|
|50-day MA||$7.10||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.68||Market Cap||843.82M|
Party City Holdco Inc. (PRTY) Company Bio
Party City retails and wholesales paper and plastic tableware, metallic and latex balloons, Halloween and other costumes, accessories, novelties, gifts, and stationery. The company was founded in 1947 and is based in Elmsford, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
PRTY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
PRTY Latest Social Stream
View Full PRTY Social Stream
Latest PRTY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Party City Holdco Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate PRTY as an investment opportunity.
The big shareholder groups in Party City Holdco Inc. ( NYSE:PRTY ) have power over the company. Institutions will often...
The rise in August's consumer spending and personal income proves that people are showing faith in the economy, making this an ideal time to invest in consumer discretionary stocks like YETI, MCFT, PRTY, LCUT and GOLF.
In the spirit of aggressive marketing, retailers have been decking their aisles with spooky decorations and bulk candy since Labor Day in an attempt to capitalize on the Halloween boom. The pandemic threw Party City for a loop last year as consumers stopped shopping in stores and shifted to online orders due to safety concerns. Last October, it reduced its Halloween pop-ups by 90%, opening just 25 temporary locations instead of its usual 250 or so.
Tic-tac-toe, three in a row, shares of retail stocks Macy's (NYSE: M), Nordstrom (NYSE: JWN), and Party City Holdco (NYSE: PRTY) crashed in quick succession Thursday, and were trading down by 7.9%, 9.1%, and 12.4%, respectively, as of 1:54 p.m. EDT. You can probably blame another retail stock -- Kohl's (NYSE: KSS) -- for all of that. You see, there was no particularly bad news on the wires concerning Macy's, Nordstrom, or Party City Thursday.
Party City, the global celebrations leader, is providing consumers with ways to easily shop costumes, décor, balloons and more to ensure festive celebrations as unique as the ways they'll be partying this Halloween. The company recently surveyed nearly 1,400 decision-making moms across the country to reveal their family's attitudes and plans surrounding the upcoming holiday. Key findings include:
PRTY Price Returns