Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (RGR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
RGR POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where RGR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.94% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for RGR is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 206 days.
- RGR ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 45th percentile.
RGR Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Sturm Ruger & Co Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 96.42% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For RGR, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 6.24% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, RGR is more volatile than just 7.28% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to RGR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are KRKR, CTSO, DOYU, CDXC, and LTRX.
- Visit RGR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ruger.com.
RGR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RGR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$76.76||52-week high||$90.74|
|Prev. close||$75.31||52-week low||$57.52|
|Day high||$77.31||Avg. volume||283,200|
|50-day MA||$69.46||Dividend yield||3.77%|
|200-day MA||$68.23||Market Cap||1.35B|
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (RGR) Company Bio
Sturm, Ruger & Company is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. The company was founded in 1949 and is based in Southport, Connecticut.
RGR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Sturm Ruger & Co Inc. To summarize, we found that Sturm Ruger & Co Inc ranked in the 59th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 16.67% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Sturm Ruger & Co Inc, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 634.41 -- which is good for besting 99.22% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 0% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 3.28% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- RGR's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 57.31% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
RGR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RGR Latest Social Stream
View Full RGR Social Stream
Latest RGR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sturm Ruger & Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RGR as an investment opportunity.
Sturm, Ruger (NYSE: RGR) continues to benefit from the record-setting pace of firearms sales being set this year as first-quarter revenue surged 49% year over year and profits rocketed nearly 150% higher. The FBI is on track to break all records this year on the number of background checks it conducts on potential gun buyers, which is translating into manufacturers like Ruger and Smith & Wesson Brands (Nasdaq: SWBI) seeing white-hot sales growth.
The US firearms industry’s economic significance is overestimated by both sides of the gun controls debate. Laws and regulations will be determined by the sentiments of the American political tribes, not gunmakers’ financial power. Having said that, shares in the manufacturers of handguns, shotguns and “modern sporting rifles” such as the old AR-15 had a pretty good run from July 2020 to early this year.
Image source: The Motley Fool. Sturm Ruger & Co Inc (NYSE: RGR)Q1 2021 Earnings CallMay 6, 2021, 9:00 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorGood day, and welcome to the Sturm, Ruger First Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call.
Sturm, Ruger (RGR): Q1 GAAP EPS of $2.16.Revenue of $184.38M (+49.1% Y/Y) beats by $22.86M.Shares +1.5% AH.Press Release...
Gun stocks are trading at steep discounts from their 52-week highs despite firearm sales soaring due to the threat of stricter gun laws.
RGR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|