Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (RGR): Price and Financial Metrics
RGR Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Sturm Ruger & Co Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For RGR, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by only 6.05% of US equities we're observing.
- Over the past twelve months, RGR has reported earnings growth of 180.37%, putting it ahead of 91.87% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Sturm Ruger & Co Inc are LRN, CLAR, ACA, JOBS, and VRS.
- Visit RGR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.ruger.com.
RGR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
RGR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$68.20||52-week high||$90.74|
|Prev. close||$68.78||52-week low||$38.44|
|Day high||$69.40||Avg. volume||325,768|
|50-day MA||$68.34||Dividend yield||3.28%|
|200-day MA||$68.72||Market Cap||1.20B|
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (RGR) Company Bio
Sturm, Ruger & Company is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. The company was founded in 1949 and is based in Southport, Connecticut.
RGR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for RGR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Sturm Ruger & Co Inc ranked in the 69th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Sturm Ruger & Co Inc ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 634.41 -- which is good for besting 99.28% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Industrials sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 0% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately only 2.77% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- RGR's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 59.57% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
RGR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
RGR Latest Social Stream
View Full RGR Social Stream
Latest RGR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sturm Ruger & Co Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate RGR as an investment opportunity.
RGR earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
In the current session, Sturm Ruger & Co Inc. (NYSE:RGR) is trading at $69.82, after a 1.90% increase. Over the past month, the stock increased by 3.98%, and in the past year, by 29.44%. With performance like this, long-term shareholders optimistic but others are more likely to look into the price-to-earnings ratio to see if the stock might be overvalued. Assuming that all other factors are held constant, this could present itself as an opportunity for shareholders trying to capitalize on the higher share price. The stock is currently under from its 52 week high by 23.05%. The P/E ratio is used by long-term shareholders to assess the company's market performance against aggregate market data, historical earnings, and the industry at large. A lower P/E indicates that shareholders do not ...
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 18, 2021 / Sturm, Ruger & Co. (NYSE:RGR) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2020 Fourth Quarter Earnings call to be held on February 18, 2021 at 9:00 AM Eastern Time.
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. Reports 2020 Diluted Earnings of $5.09 Per Share and Declares Dividend of 71¢ Per Share
SOUTHPORT, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR) announced today that for 2020 the Company reported net sales of $568.9 million and diluted earnings of $5.09 per share, compared with net sales of $410.5 million and diluted earnings of $1.82 per share in 2019. For the fourth quarter of 2020, net sales were $169.3 million and diluted earnings were $1.78 per share. For the corresponding period in 2019, net sales were $105.1 million and diluted earnings were 46¢ per sh
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. to Report 2020 Results and File Annual Report on Form 10-K on Wednesday, February 17
SOUTHPORT, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR) will file its Annual Report on Form 10-K on Wednesday, February 17, 2021, after the close of the stock market. On Thursday, February 18, 2021, Sturm, Ruger will host a webcast at 9:00 a.m. ET to discuss the fourth quarter and year-end 2020 operating results. Interested parties can access the webcast at Ruger.com/corporate or by dialing 855-871-7398, participant code 7579785. The Form 10-K will be available on the SEC
RGR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching RGRWant to do more research on Sturm Ruger & Co Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!