Sandstorm Gold Ltd. Ordinary Shares (Canada) (SAND): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SAND POWR Grades
- SAND scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SAND is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- SAND ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
SAND Stock Summary
- SAND's current price/earnings ratio is 108.67, which is higher than 92.21% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.05 for Sandstorm Gold Ltd; that's greater than it is for just 7.24% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -94.08%, Sandstorm Gold Ltd's debt growth rate surpasses merely 1.79% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SAND, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LGND, QLYS, EXK, UTHR, and AJRD.
- Visit SAND's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sandstormgold.com.
SAND Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, SAND's EV/EBIT ratio is 204.07% higher, now standing at 52.3.
- SAND's price/earnings ratio has moved up 115.2 over the prior 89 months.
- Over the past 89 months, SAND's price/sales ratio has gone up 6.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SAND.
SAND Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 18.2%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 15.21%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 14.44%.
The table below shows SAND's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SAND Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SAND Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.86||52-week high||$10.27|
|Prev. close||$7.80||52-week low||$5.96|
|Day high||$7.91||Avg. volume||1,822,228|
|50-day MA||$8.14||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.49||Market Cap||1.53B|
Sandstorm Gold Ltd. Ordinary Shares (Canada) (SAND) Company Bio
Sandstorm Gold Ltd. focuses on acquiring gold and other precious metal purchase agreements and royalties from companies that have advanced stage development projects or operating mines. The company was founded in 2007 and is based in Vancouver, Canada.
SAND Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SAND, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Sandstorm Gold Ltd ranked in the 27th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Sandstorm Gold Ltd, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 100% of its capital from equity, and 0% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of 95.94% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Basic Materials sector.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 0% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 3.2% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- SAND's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 62.36% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SAND Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SAND Latest Social Stream
View Full SAND Social Stream
Latest SAND News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sandstorm Gold Ltd that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SAND as an investment opportunity.
Sandstorm Gold Ltd. ("Sandstorm Gold Royalties") (NYSE: SAND) (TSX: SSL) will release its 2021 second quarter results on Thursday, August 5, 2021 after markets close.
We think this junior explorer is on track to de-risk what may wind up as the most exciting and potentially profitable metals exploration story of the year
MicroStockHub/iStock via Getty Images Investment Thesis Vancouver-based Sandstorm Gold (SAND) released its preliminary second quarter 2021 production results on July 6, 2021. Also, on June 29, 2021, Sandstorm Gold announced that it acquired multiple cash flowing streams and royalty assets for $138 million and increased its 2021 production guidance. With...
Sandstorm Gold (SAND) reports record GEOs sold and revenues for Q2 on higher gold prices.
DESIGNATED NEWS RELEASE VANCOUVER, BC, July 6, 2021 /CNW/ - Sandstorm Gold Ltd. ("Sandstorm Gold Royalties" or the "Company") (NYSE: SAND) (TSX: SSL) is pleased to announce that the Company sold approximately
SAND Price Returns