Shoe Carnival, Inc. (SCVL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCVL POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SCVL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.92% of US stocks.
- SCVL's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- SCVL's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 35.57% of US stocks).
SCVL Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 2.26, Shoe Carnival Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than merely 10.89% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Shoe Carnival Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.02% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Shoe Carnival Inc is reporting a growth rate of 549.11%; that's higher than 96.28% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Shoe Carnival Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SWBI, OPRA, RLI, LWAY, and SPWH.
- Visit SCVL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.shoecarnival.com.
SCVL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCVL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.91||52-week high||$70.69|
|Prev. close||$65.22||52-week low||$23.09|
|Day high||$69.04||Avg. volume||127,113|
|50-day MA||$63.47||Dividend yield||0.82%|
|200-day MA||$46.75||Market Cap||962.49M|
Shoe Carnival, Inc. (SCVL) Company Bio
Shoe Carnival is a footwear retailer in the United States, providing various dress, casual, and athletic footwear products for men, women, and children. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Evansville, Indiana.
SCVL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Shoe Carnival Inc. To summarize, we found that Shoe Carnival Inc ranked in the 57th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 13.17% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Shoe Carnival Inc ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 53.31 -- which is good for besting 90.3% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector with positive cash flow).
- Shoe Carnival Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 17.4% of tickers in our DCF set.
- SCVL's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 17.4% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SCVL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCVL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCVL Social Stream
Latest SCVL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Shoe Carnival Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCVL as an investment opportunity.
Former chairman Mike Jeppesen will serve as an ex-officio member of the executive committee.
Shoe Carnival Inc. (SCVL) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call May 19, 2021 4:30 PM ET Company Participants Clifton Sifford - Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Mark Worden - President and Incoming Chief Executive Officer Carl Scibetta - Senior Executive Vice President, Chief Merchandising Officer Kerry Jackson - Senior Executive...
Shoe Carnival’s (SCVL) fiscal first-quarter results topped consensus estimates driven by top-line growth and margin expansion. Meanwhile, shares of the shoe store company declined 7.2% in Wednesday’s extended trading session after closing 1.6% lower on the day as the company’s Q2 revenue outlook missed analysts’ expectations. Shoe Carnival’s Q1 earnings of $3.02 per share handily beat Street’s estimates of $1.40 per share. The company recorded a loss of $1.16 per share in the same quarter last year. Net sales more than doubled on a year-over-year basis to $328.5 million and outpaced analysts’ expectations of $274.36 million. The outstanding performance was driven by record comparable-store sales (up 125.
It saw the "highest quarterly sales, margin and EPS in the company's history," said CEO Cliff Sifford.
SCVL earnings call for the period ending May 1, 2021.
SCVL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|