Shoe Carnival, Inc. (SCVL): Price and Financial Metrics
SCVL Stock Summary
- Shoe Carnival Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 84.64% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Shoe Carnival Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.79% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.75, Shoe Carnival Inc has a higher such ratio than only 16.45% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Shoe Carnival Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be VRA, IESC, TAIT, BBW, and FIX.
- SCVL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Shoe Carnival Inc's official web site, go to www.shoecarnival.com.
SCVL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCVL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$50.64||52-week high||$53.82|
|Prev. close||$51.35||52-week low||$12.56|
|Day high||$51.39||Avg. volume||139,613|
|50-day MA||$44.49||Dividend yield||0.7%|
|200-day MA||$34.60||Market Cap||714.23M|
Shoe Carnival, Inc. (SCVL) Company Bio
Shoe Carnival is a footwear retailer in the United States, providing various dress, casual, and athletic footwear products for men, women, and children. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Evansville, Indiana.
SCVL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Shoe Carnival Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Shoe Carnival Inc ranked in the 19th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 81.17%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Shoe Carnival Inc ended up being:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.49 years comes in at -0.08%; that's greater than only 15.77% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than merely 0% of stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SCVL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCVL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCVL Social Stream
Latest SCVL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Shoe Carnival Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCVL as an investment opportunity.
Shares of Shoe Carnival jumped 5.2% on Friday after the footwear company reported fourth-quarter preliminary results that exceeded the Street's estimates. The company is scheduled to report its fourth-quarter results on March 24. Shoe Carnival (SCVL) expects to report earnings for the quarter ending on Jan. 30, in the range of $0.50-$0.52 per share, which is higher than analysts' estimates of $0.32 per share. Furthermore, its 4Q EPS projection is more than double the earnings of $0.24 per share posted during the same quarter last year. The company sees revenues of $253.9 million, compared to the consensus estimates of $242.8 million and the sales of $239.
Shoe Carnival Inc. undefined said Friday that preliminary fourth-quarter sales totaled $253.9 million, ahead of the FactSet consensus for $242.8 million and…
SHOE CARNIVAL ANNOUNCES PRELIMINARY FOURTH QUARTER RESULTS
On December 17, 2020, Shoe Carnival (NASDAQ:SCVL) announced shareholders can expect to receive a dividend payable on January 25, 2021. The stock will then …
Insider Monkey has processed numerous 13F filings of hedge funds and successful value investors to create an extensive database of hedge fund holdings. The 13F filings show the hedge funds’ and successful investors’ positions as of the end of the third quarter. You can find articles about an individual hedge fund’s trades on numerous financial […]
SCVL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SCVLWant to do more research on Shoe Carnival Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!