Shoe Carnival, Inc. (SCVL): Price and Financial Metrics
SCVL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.14||52-week high||$29.47|
|Prev. close||$24.03||52-week low||$19.24|
|Day high||$24.14||Avg. volume||335,325|
|50-day MA||$23.75||Dividend yield||1.66%|
|200-day MA||$24.20||Market Cap||660.47M|
SCVL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCVL POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SCVL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 79.47% of US stocks.
- SCVL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- SCVL's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 22.44% of US stocks).
SCVL Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 7.02, SHOE CARNIVAL INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 16.65% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of SHOE CARNIVAL INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.23% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- SCVL's price/sales ratio is 0.52; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 18.61% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SHOE CARNIVAL INC are LZB, HVT, SAMG, GIC, and AAP.
- SCVL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SHOE CARNIVAL INC's official web site, go to www.shoecarnival.com.
SCVL Valuation Summary
- SCVL's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 28.57% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- SCVL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCVL.
SCVL Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -48.2%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 28.6%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -39.06%.
The table below shows SCVL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCVL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCVL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.25% of graded US stocks.
- SCVL's asset turnover comes in at 1.699 -- ranking 63rd of 165 Retail stocks.
- AAP, RH, and ORLY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCVL.
The table below shows SCVL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Shoe Carnival, Inc. (SCVL) Company Bio
Shoe Carnival is a footwear retailer in the United States, providing various dress, casual, and athletic footwear products for men, women, and children. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Evansville, Indiana.
SCVL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCVL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCVL Social Stream
Latest SCVL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SHOE CARNIVAL INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCVL as an investment opportunity.
Regular readers will know that we love our dividends at Simply Wall St, which is why it's exciting to see Shoe...
The board of Shoe Carnival, Inc. ( NASDAQ:SCVL ) has announced that it will be paying its dividend of $0.12 on the 17th...
EVANSVILLE, Ind., September 25, 2023--Shoe Carnival, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCVL) (the "Company"), a leading retailer of footwear and accessories for the family, announced today that Patrick Edwards has been named the Company’s Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer, Secretary and Treasurer, effective today.
Shoe Carnival (SCVL) rewards shareholders with a 20% hike in the quarterly dividend rate. This reflects its strong cash position.
EVANSVILLE, Ind., September 21, 2023--Shoe Carnival, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCVL) (the "Company"), a leading retailer of footwear and accessories for the family, announced today that its Board of Directors has approved the payment of a quarterly cash dividend of $0.12 per share, representing an increase of 20 percent from $0.10 per share.
SCVL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|