Shoe Carnival, Inc. (SCVL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SCVL POWR Grades
- SCVL scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 88.01% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SCVL is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SCVL ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
SCVL Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.68, Shoe Carnival Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than just 3.65% of US stocks.
- SCVL's current price/earnings ratio is 5.78, which is higher than only 9.39% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Shoe Carnival Inc is reporting a growth rate of 845.62%; that's higher than 97.47% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SCVL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are LZB, VRA, TAIT, IESC, and HNI.
- Visit SCVL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.shoecarnival.com.
SCVL Valuation Summary
- SCVL's EV/EBIT ratio is 11; this is 34.13% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- SCVL's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SCVL's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SCVL.
SCVL Growth Metrics
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 125.83%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -17.35%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 486.9%.
The table below shows SCVL's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SCVL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SCVL has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.25% of graded US stocks.
- SCVL's asset turnover comes in at 1.699 -- ranking 63rd of 165 Retail stocks.
- AAP, RH, and ORLY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SCVL.
The table below shows SCVL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SCVL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SCVL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.35||52-week high||$46.21|
|Prev. close||$22.86||52-week low||$22.22|
|Day high||$23.19||Avg. volume||344,150|
|50-day MA||$28.17||Dividend yield||1.61%|
|200-day MA||$33.06||Market Cap||616.57M|
Shoe Carnival, Inc. (SCVL) Company Bio
Shoe Carnival is a footwear retailer in the United States, providing various dress, casual, and athletic footwear products for men, women, and children. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Evansville, Indiana.
Most Popular Stories View All
SCVL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SCVL Latest Social Stream
View Full SCVL Social Stream
Latest SCVL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Shoe Carnival Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SCVL as an investment opportunity.
The U.S. Coast Guard had been searching in the area where a woman jumped from her balcony into the sea, but called off its search after canvassing 2,514 square nautical miles.
While Shoe Carnival, Inc. ( NASDAQ:SCVL ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it received a lot of...
While the stock market continues its reevaluation process, the one sector that has been buoyed by recent economic news is retail stocks.
GOAT Group Co-Founder & CEO Eddy Lu joins Yahoo Finance Live to discuss how the sneaker market is recovering after a pandemic slump, supply chain disruptions, the top sneaker per market, and the possibility of entering the NFT space.
In a dynamic market like the one we're in now, it's important to buy safe stocks that will build your nest egg in the years to come.
SCVL Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|