SLM Corporation (SLM) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- The stock's free cash flow/dividend ratio, potentially useful for understanding its ability to make dividend payments, comes in at 6.3 -- higher than 95.35% of other dividend issuers in the US.
- In terms of debt burden relative to earnings, SLM has an EBITDA to net debt ratio of 1,530,010,000, ranking above 97.13% stocks in our set (note that its net debt is negative, meaning it has more cash than debt).
- SLM is producing more trailing twelve month cash flow than 5.56% of US dividend stocks.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with SLM's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: EDUC, GSHD, NEU, APD and FNV.
SLM Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
For dividend yielding stocks, the Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a common valuation tool; it attempts to extrapolate a fair share price based primarily on the dividend the stock provides relative to a number of other quantiative aspects of its business. As for SLM, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a negative return of 67.95% relative to its current price. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for SLM Corp are:
- Relative to all dividend yielding stocks in our set, SLM offers a dividend yield in the bottom 0.98% of its fellow sector mates.
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Financial Services sector, the expected return of -67.95%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than just 18.11% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Compared to all dividend issuing stocks in our set, SLM has a discount rate lower than just 18.11% of them (a lower discount rate is associated with lower risk).
- In comparison to its fellow dividend issuing stocks in the Financial Services sector, SLM's equity discount rate is less than 83.66% of those stocks.
SLM Dividend Chart
SLM Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|