Sharps Compliance Corp. (SMED): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMED POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SMED ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 50.73% of US stocks.
- SMED's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- SMED's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 5.82% of US stocks).
SMED Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.36, SHARPS COMPLIANCE CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 2.57% of US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SMED has reported earnings growth of 4,201.05%, putting it ahead of 99.67% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that SMED's revenue has grown 48.76% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 81.31% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SHARPS COMPLIANCE CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be AUVI, JAKK, KOF, TAP, and HSON.
- SMED's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SHARPS COMPLIANCE CORP's official web site, go to www.sharpsinc.com.
SMED Valuation Summary
- SMED's EV/EBIT ratio is 9.8; this is 55.15% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- SMED's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SMED's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 27.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMED.
SMED Growth Metrics
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 38.43%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 1272.09%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 190.79%.
The table below shows SMED's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SMED's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMED has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.18% of graded US stocks.
- SMED's asset turnover comes in at 1.183 -- ranking 2nd of 14 Almost Nothing stocks.
- CLH, AWX, and RSG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMED.
The table below shows SMED's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.75||52-week high||$9.66|
|Prev. close||$8.74||52-week low||$2.83|
|Day high||$8.75||Avg. volume||230,561|
|50-day MA||$6.42||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.12||Market Cap||170.01M|
Sharps Compliance Corp. (SMED) Company Bio
Sharps Compliance Corp. provides medical, pharmaceutical, and hazardous waste management services in the United States. It offers Sharps Recovery System for the containment, transportation, treatment, and tracking of medical waste generated outside the hospital and health care facility settings; TakeAway Recovery System to treat used needles, syringes, and other used healthcare products; Route-Based Pickup Service, a medical and hazardous waste pick-up services; and MedSafe, a solution for the safe collection, transportation, and disposal of unwanted and expired ultimate-user medications. The company also provides TakeAway Medication Recovery System that facilitates the proper disposal of unused medications; Black Pail Program for Rx, a solution with minimal segregation for the disposal of various pharmaceuticals; Inhaler Disposal to collect, transport, and destroy used pharmaceutical inhalers; Hazardous Drug Spill Control Kit for the cleanup of chemotherapy and other HD spills; TakeAway Recycle System for the collection and recycling of single-use medical devices from surgical centers and other healthcare facilities; ComplianceTRAC, a Web-based compliance and training program; and Universal Waste Shipback Systems to collect, transport, and recycle light bulbs, batteries, and other mercury containing devices. In addition, it offers other solutions, such as TakeAway Environmental Return System, SharpsTracer, Sharps Secure, Needle Disposal System, Complete Needle Collection and Disposal System, Pitch-It IV Poles, Asset Return System, and Spill Kit Recovery System, as well as Sharps MWMS, a medical waste management system. The company serves customers in home health care, retail clinics and immunizing pharmacies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, professional offices, assisted living and long-term care facilities, and government agencies, as well as distributors. Sharps Compliance Corp. was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMED Latest Social Stream
View Full SMED Social Stream
Latest SMED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SHARPS COMPLIANCE CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMED as an investment opportunity.
Aurora Capital Partners Commences Tender Offer For All Outstanding Shares of Sharps Compliance Corp.
Aurora Capital Partners ("Aurora"), a leading middle-market private equity firm, today announced that its affiliate, Raven Buyer, Inc. ("Parent"), has directed its wholly-owned subsidiary, Raven Houston Merger Sub, Inc. ("Purchaser") to commence its previously announced all-cash tender offer to acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of common stock of Sharps Compliance Corp. (NASDAQ: SMED) ("Sharps"), a leading full-service national provider of comprehensive waste management solutions
A look at the shareholders of Sharps Compliance Corp. ( NASDAQ:SMED ) can tell us which group is most powerful...
The news sent Sharps' stock price skyrocketing nearly 200%, reaching its highest level since November 2021.
Transaction Provides a Significant Premium to Shareholders and A Strong Partner to Support Future GrowthHOUSTON, July 12, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sharps Compliance Corp. (NASDAQ: SMED) (“Sharps” or the “Company”), a leading full-service national provider of comprehensive waste management solutions including medical, pharmaceutical and hazardous waste, today announced that it has entered into a definitive merger agreement to be acquired by an affiliate of Aurora Capital Partners (“Aurora”), a le
Tetra (TTEK) was a big mover last session on higher-than-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions might not help the stock continue moving higher in the near term.
SMED Price Returns
Continue Researching SMEDWant to see what other sources are saying about Sharps Compliance Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Sharps Compliance Corp (SMED) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sharps Compliance Corp (SMED) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sharps Compliance Corp (SMED) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch