Sharps Compliance Corp. (SMED): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMED POWR Grades
- SMED scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 85.05% of US stocks.
- SMED's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SMED ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 34th percentile.
SMED Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $114,713,568, Sharps Compliance Corp has a greater market value than only 16.42% of US stocks.
- SMED's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.19 -- higher than just 1.58% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Sharps Compliance Corp is reporting a growth rate of 4,863.07%; that's higher than 99.39% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Sharps Compliance Corp are AGX, BTN, SAFM, DFIN, and NAII.
- Visit SMED's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sharpsinc.com.
SMED Valuation Summary
- SMED's EV/EBIT ratio is 9.8; this is 55.15% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- SMED's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SMED's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 27.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMED.
SMED Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 128.99%.
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 1586.61%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 36.57%.
The table below shows SMED's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SMED's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMED has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.18% of graded US stocks.
- SMED's asset turnover comes in at 1.183 -- ranking 2nd of 14 Almost Nothing stocks.
- CLH, AWX, and RSG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMED.
The table below shows SMED's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMED Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMED Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$4.06||52-week high||$17.05|
|Prev. close||$4.27||52-week low||$3.82|
|Day high||$4.24||Avg. volume||134,633|
|50-day MA||$4.98||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$7.02||Market Cap||78.89M|
Sharps Compliance Corp. (SMED) Company Bio
Sharps Compliance Corp. provides medical, pharmaceutical, and hazardous waste management services in the United States. It offers Sharps Recovery System for the containment, transportation, treatment, and tracking of medical waste generated outside the hospital and health care facility settings; TakeAway Recovery System to treat used needles, syringes, and other used healthcare products; Route-Based Pickup Service, a medical and hazardous waste pick-up services; and MedSafe, a solution for the safe collection, transportation, and disposal of unwanted and expired ultimate-user medications. The company also provides TakeAway Medication Recovery System that facilitates the proper disposal of unused medications; Black Pail Program for Rx, a solution with minimal segregation for the disposal of various pharmaceuticals; Inhaler Disposal to collect, transport, and destroy used pharmaceutical inhalers; Hazardous Drug Spill Control Kit for the cleanup of chemotherapy and other HD spills; TakeAway Recycle System for the collection and recycling of single-use medical devices from surgical centers and other healthcare facilities; ComplianceTRAC, a Web-based compliance and training program; and Universal Waste Shipback Systems to collect, transport, and recycle light bulbs, batteries, and other mercury containing devices. In addition, it offers other solutions, such as TakeAway Environmental Return System, SharpsTracer, Sharps Secure, Needle Disposal System, Complete Needle Collection and Disposal System, Pitch-It IV Poles, Asset Return System, and Spill Kit Recovery System, as well as Sharps MWMS, a medical waste management system. The company serves customers in home health care, retail clinics and immunizing pharmacies, pharmaceutical manufacturers, professional offices, assisted living and long-term care facilities, and government agencies, as well as distributors. Sharps Compliance Corp. was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMED Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMED Latest Social Stream
View Full SMED Social Stream
Latest SMED News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sharps Compliance Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMED as an investment opportunity.
While shareholders of Sharps Compliance (NASDAQ:SMED) are in the black over 3 years, those who bought a week ago aren't so fortunate
It hasn't been the best quarter for Sharps Compliance Corp. ( NASDAQ:SMED ) shareholders, since the share price has...
Plug Power's (PLUG) Q4 earnings are likely to have gained from the growing popularity of fuel-cell solutions. High costs and operating expenses, supply-chain issues and forex woes might have hurt.
Sharps Compliance (SMED) announced Monday the acquisition of a full-service route based waste solutions provider - Midwest Medical Waste - located in Kansas. It comes at the purchase
Sharps Compliance Acquires Midwest Medical Waste Expanding its Route Based Services and Footprint in Kansas
HOUSTON, Feb. 07, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sharps Compliance Corp. (NASDAQ: SMED) (“Sharps” or the “Company”), a leading full-service national provider of comprehensive waste management solutions including medical, pharmaceutical and hazardous, today announced the acquisition of Midwest Medical Waste, Inc., a full-service, route-based provider of medical and hazardous waste solutions serving over 600 customer locations across Kansas. The purchase price was $4.35 million and consisted of 75% in c
In a report released today, Kevin Steinke from Barrington maintained a Buy rating on Sharps Compliance (SMED – Research Report), with a price target of $11.00. The company's shares closed last Thursday at $6.40, close to its 52-week low of $6.27. According to TipRanks.com, Steinke is a 4-star analyst with an average return of 11.2% and a 47.5% success rate. Steinke covers the Services sector, focusing on stocks such as Cross Country Healthcare, Cra International, and Icf International. Currently, the analyst consensus on Sharps Compliance is a Moderate Buy with an average price target of $11.00.
SMED Price Returns
Continue Researching SMEDWant to see what other sources are saying about Sharps Compliance Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Sharps Compliance Corp (SMED) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sharps Compliance Corp (SMED) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sharps Compliance Corp (SMED) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch