Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (The) (SMG) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- SMG's trailing 12 month dividends has averaged an annual growth rate of 8.18%.
- In terms trailing twelve months of dividends issued, SMG has returned $411,200,000 US dollars -- more than 78.5% of public US dividend stocks.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with SMG's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: JBGS, OVBC, TKC, CDOR and BDX.
SMG Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. In the case of SMG, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a positive return of 9.32% relative to its current price. Digging deeper, the aspects of Scotts Miracle-Gro Co's dividend discount model that we found most interesting were:
- Relative to all dividend yielding stocks in our set, SMG offers a dividend yield in the bottom 1.25% of its fellow sector mates.
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Basic Materials sector, the expected return of 9.32%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than 76.92% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, Scotts Miracle-Gro Co bears a discount rate, according to our calculations, lower than 76.92% of them (lower discount rates are generally perceived as positive, and a sign of lower risk).
- With a market cap of roughly $11 billion, SMG is in the mid-sized market cap class; amongst this group of stocks, its equity discount rate is lower than 75.19% of them.
SMG Dividend Chart
SMG Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|