Spark Energy, Inc. - (SPKE): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SPKE POWR Grades
- SPKE scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 79.55% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SPKE is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- SPKE's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 13.94% of US stocks).
SPKE Stock Summary
- Spark Energy Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.81% of US listed stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 52.63%, Spark Energy Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 86.05% of about US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Spark Energy Inc comes in at -32.06%, a number that bests just 12.57% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Spark Energy Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be PAHC, WABC, RNST, SRCE, and LCNB.
- SPKE's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Spark Energy Inc's official web site, go to www.sparkenergy.com.
SPKE Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, SPKE's price/earnings ratio is 85.96% higher, now standing at 42.4.
- Over the past 84 months, SPKE's price/earnings ratio has gone up $34.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SPKE.
SPKE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SPKE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$11.60||52-week high||$12.40|
|Prev. close||$11.48||52-week low||$6.56|
|Day high||$11.69||Avg. volume||207,313|
|50-day MA||$10.55||Dividend yield||6.29%|
|200-day MA||$9.96||Market Cap||410.95M|
Spark Energy, Inc. - (SPKE) Company Bio
Spark Energy, Inc. operates as an independent retail energy services company in the United States. It operates through two segments, Retail Natural Gas and Retail Electricity across 16 states. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Houston, Texas.
SPKE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Spark Energy Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Spark Energy Inc ranked in the 75th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SPKE, they are:
- Spark Energy Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 2.43% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 12.97% of stocks in its sector (Utilities).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SPKE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SPKE Latest Social Stream
View Full SPKE Social Stream
Latest SPKE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Spark Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SPKE as an investment opportunity.
Many investors are still learning about the various metrics that can be useful when analysing a stock. This article is...
HOUSTON, TX / ACCESSWIRE / May 25, 2021 / Spark Energy, Inc. ("Spark" or the "Company") (NASDAQ:SPKE), an independent retail energy services company, announced today that it has executed four separate agreements to acquire a total of approximately 56,900 residential customer equivalents ("RCEs") for a total purchase price of $11.
HOUSTON, TX / ACCESSWIRE / May 5, 2021 / Spark Energy, Inc. ("Spark" or the "Company") (NASDAQ:SPKE), an independent retail energy services company, today reported financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2021.
There's no doubt that investing in the stock market is a truly brilliant way to build wealth. But if you choose that...
HOUSTON, TX / ACCESSWIRE / April 21, 2021 / Spark Energy, Inc. ("Spark" or the "Company") (NASDAQ:SPKE), an independent retail energy services company, announced today that its Board of Directors has declared a quarterly cash dividend for the first quarter of 2021 in the amount of $0.
SPKE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|