Spark Energy, Inc. - (SPKE): Price and Financial Metrics
SPKE Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SPKE is 15.32 -- better than 98.05% of US stocks.
- SPKE's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 611.43 -- higher than 92.86% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 9.66 for Spark Energy Inc; that's greater than it is for 92.17% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SPKE, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are COT, TREC, BCC, COKE, and PNM.
- Visit SPKE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sparkenergy.com.
SPKE Stock Price Chart More Charts
SPKE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$10.16||52-week high||$11.71|
|Prev. close||$10.20||52-week low||$8.50|
|Day high||$10.39||Avg. volume||96,681|
|50-day MA||$9.65||Dividend yield||7.16%|
|200-day MA||$10.19||Market Cap||357.42M|
Spark Energy, Inc. - (SPKE) Company Bio
Spark Energy, Inc. operates as an independent retail energy services company in the United States. It operates through two segments, Retail Natural Gas and Retail Electricity across 16 states. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Houston, Texas.
SPKE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Spark Energy Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Spark Energy Inc ranked in the 98st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis implies the stock could yield a return of 21720% if fairly valued; such returns are always unlikely, though, so further investigation is likely warranted. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SPKE, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 4.62 years comes in at 1.14%; that's greater than 93.03% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- 55% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 24.55% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- As a business, Spark Energy Inc experienced a tax rate of about 18% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Utilities), this tax rate is higher than 80.93% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|