Spark Energy, Inc. - (SPKE): Price and Financial Metrics
SPKE Stock Summary
- Spark Energy Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.19% of US listed stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SPKE has reported earnings growth of 106.73%, putting it ahead of 88.19% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that SPKE's revenue has grown -31.81% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of merely 11.3% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Spark Energy Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SUNW, ODP, RCMT, FARM, and MATW.
- Visit SPKE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sparkenergy.com.
SPKE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SPKE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.84||52-week high||$12.40|
|Prev. close||$9.69||52-week low||$5.25|
|Day high||$10.00||Avg. volume||267,728|
|50-day MA||$10.70||Dividend yield||7.42%|
|200-day MA||$9.01||Market Cap||348.60M|
Spark Energy, Inc. - (SPKE) Company Bio
Spark Energy, Inc. operates as an independent retail energy services company in the United States. It operates through two segments, Retail Natural Gas and Retail Electricity across 16 states. The company was founded in 1999 and is based in Houston, Texas.
SPKE Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Spark Energy Inc. To summarize, we found that Spark Energy Inc ranked in the 96th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Spark Energy Inc ended up being:
- Spark Energy Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 2.96% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Spark Energy Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 26 -- greater than 87.75% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than merely 10.78% of stocks in its sector (Utilities).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SPKE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SPKE Latest Social Stream
View Full SPKE Social Stream
Latest SPKE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Spark Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SPKE as an investment opportunity.
Spark Energy (SPKE): FY GAAP EPS of $1.48.Revenue of $554.89M (-31.8% Y/Y)Press Release...
Spark Energy, Inc. (SPKE) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call March 04, 2021 11:00 AM ET Company Participants Mike Barajas - IR Keith Maxwell - CEO Jim Jones - CFO Presentation Operator Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the Spark Energy, Inc. Fourth Quarter 2020 Earnings Conference Call. My name...
HOUSTON, TX / ACCESSWIRE / March 3, 2021 / Spark Energy, Inc. ("Spark" or the "Company") (NASDAQ:SPKE), an independent retail energy services company, today reported financial results for the year ended December 31, 2020.
HOUSTON, TX / ACCESSWIRE / February 22, 2021 / Spark Energy, Inc. ("Spark" or the "Company") (NASDAQ:SPKE), an independent retail energy services company, wants to assure its customers that it is committed to serving and supporting its Texas customer base through this highly tumultuous time.
Some investors rely on dividends for growing their wealth, and if you're one of those dividend sleuths, you might be...
SPKE Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SPKEWant to do more research on Spark Energy Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!