E.W. Scripps Company (The) - (SSP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SSP POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SSP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.06% of US stocks.
- SSP's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- SSP's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 11.05% of US stocks).
SSP Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SSP is currently 2.37, higher than just 11.05% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- SSP's price/sales ratio is 0.3; that's higher than the P/S ratio of just 10.38% of US stocks.
- EW SCRIPPS CO's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 44.24%, greater than the shareholder yield of 95.77% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SSP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ECPG, UONE, VRTS, CMLS, and HRI.
- SSP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit EW SCRIPPS CO's official web site, go to www.scripps.com.
SSP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SSP's price/earnings ratio is 38.76% lower, now standing at 7.9.
- Over the past 243 months, SSP's price/earnings ratio has gone down 24.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SSP.
SSP Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 35.81%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -80.5%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 88.82%.
The table below shows SSP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SSP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SSP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 16.19% of graded US stocks.
- SSP's asset turnover comes in at 0.4 -- ranking 33rd of 64 Communication stocks.
- SBSAA, WOW, and OBLG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SSP.
The table below shows SSP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SSP Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SSP, see our SSP price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$25.86||Average Broker Recommendation||1.71 (Moderate Buy)|
SSP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SSP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.41||52-week high||$21.81|
|Prev. close||$9.18||52-week low||$8.61|
|Day high||$9.42||Avg. volume||257,910|
|50-day MA||$12.35||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$13.48||Market Cap||786.46M|
E.W. Scripps Company (The) - (SSP) Company Bio
E.W. Scripps operates as a media enterprise with interests in television stations, newspapers, and local and national digital media sites. The company was founded in 1878 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
SSP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SSP Latest Social Stream
View Full SSP Social Stream
Latest SSP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EW SCRIPPS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SSP as an investment opportunity.
'Act Your Age' reaches more than two million viewers in debut, becomes most-watched series launch in Bounce history
The series premiere episodes of the newest Bounce (@BounceTV) original series "Act Your Age" were seen by 2.14 million viewers in their debut telecasts.
Scripps' quarterly segment profit jumped 21%, driven by political and distribution revenue
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) delivered $681 million in revenue and $204 million in segment profit for the fourth quarter of 2022, year-over-year increases of 9.4% and 21% respectively, driven by growth in political advertising and distribution-related revenues.
Scripps nominates two new board members
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) has nominated Raymundo H. Granado and Monica O. Holcomb, two members of the Scripps family, for election to its board of directors.
Court TV's hit true crime series 'Someone They Knew With Tamron Hall' returns for all-new second season Sunday, Feb. 19
Court TV, the popular multi-platform network devoted to live, gavel-to-gavel coverage, in-depth legal reporting and expert analysis of the nation's most important and compelling trials and crime stories, announced today that its hit true-crime series, "Someone They Knew With Tamron Hall," will return for its second season on Sunday, Feb. 19 at 9 p.m. ET/8 p.m. CT, with the first of 24 new episodes to be seen Sunday nights.
Scripps to report fourth-quarter 2022 operating results on Feb. 24
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) will report fourth-quarter 2022 operating results before Nasdaq trading begins on Friday, Feb. 24.
SSP Price Returns
Continue Researching SSPWant to do more research on EW SCRIPPS Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
EW SCRIPPS Co (SSP) Stock Price | Nasdaq
EW SCRIPPS Co (SSP) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
EW SCRIPPS Co (SSP) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...