E.W. Scripps Company (The) - (SSP): Price and Financial Metrics
SSP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.06||52-week high||$16.13|
|Prev. close||$6.40||52-week low||$5.41|
|Day high||$6.44||Avg. volume||329,353|
|50-day MA||$8.42||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$10.22||Market Cap||511.94M|
SSP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SSP POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SSP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 65.35% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SSP is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SSP's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 11.86% of US stocks).
SSP Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.42, EW SCRIPPS CO is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 5.38% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, EW SCRIPPS CO is reporting a growth rate of -211.31%; that's higher than merely 6.99% of US stocks.
- EW SCRIPPS CO's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 29.6%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.63% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to EW SCRIPPS CO are CNDT, TUSK, PBH, CVEO, and RM.
- Visit SSP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.scripps.com.
SSP Valuation Summary
- SSP's price/sales ratio is 0.2; this is 85.71% lower than that of the median Communication Services stock.
- SSP's price/sales ratio has moved down 3.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SSP.
SSP Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 35.81%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -80.5%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 88.82%.
The table below shows SSP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SSP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SSP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 16.19% of graded US stocks.
- SSP's asset turnover comes in at 0.4 -- ranking 33rd of 64 Communication stocks.
- SBSAA, WOW, and OBLG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SSP.
The table below shows SSP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
E.W. Scripps Company (The) - (SSP) Company Bio
E.W. Scripps operates as a media enterprise with interests in television stations, newspapers, and local and national digital media sites. The company was founded in 1878 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
SSP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SSP Latest Social Stream
View Full SSP Social Stream
Latest SSP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EW SCRIPPS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SSP as an investment opportunity.
The 70th Scripps Howard Awards will recognize 2022 journalism that spurred action, exposed previously undisclosed information and led to changes in the public, private or business sector. The Scripps Howard Fund, a public charity that supports causes important to The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) and the communities it serves, announced the finalists for the annual awards today.
The E.W. Scripps Company ( NASDAQ:SSP ), is not the largest company out there, but it saw a decent share price growth...
E.W. Scripps (NASDAQ: SSP) saw its stock price drop about 17.1% this week as of Friday at 12:40 p.m. ET, according to S&P Global Market Intelligence. It was not a particularly good week for the markets overall as the S&P 500 was off 1.2%, the Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 0.7%, and the Nasdaq Composite fell 1.7%, as of Friday at 12:40 p.m. ET. Scripps is one of the largest owners of local television stations, with a portfolio of 61 stations in 41 markets.
Building on the momentum of its one-millionth book giveaway last year, the Scripps Howard Fund will help thousands of children build home libraries with its 2023 childhood literacy campaign, kicking off today.
E.W. Scripps Co. CEO Adam Symson talked recently about how its newly acquired sports broadcasting properties are performing.
SSP Price Returns