E.W. Scripps Company (The) - (SSP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SSP POWR Grades
- SSP scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 87.85% of US stocks.
- SSP's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- SSP's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 14.8% of US stocks).
SSP Stock Summary
- EW SCRIPPS CO's stock had its IPO on March 26, 1990, making it an older stock than 85.77% of US equities in our set.
- SSP's price/sales ratio is 0.51; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 16.33% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SSP comes in at 22.57% -- higher than that of 93.32% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to EW SCRIPPS CO are CIXX, CNDT, HRT, PRAA, and ACCO.
- SSP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit EW SCRIPPS CO's official web site, go to www.scripps.com.
SSP Valuation Summary
- SSP's price/sales ratio is 0.5; this is 37.5% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- SSP's price/sales ratio has moved down 3.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SSP.
SSP Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -28.52%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -2.79%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 33.7%.
The table below shows SSP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SSP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SSP has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 16.19% of graded US stocks.
- SSP's asset turnover comes in at 0.4 -- ranking 33rd of 64 Communication stocks.
- SBSAA, WOW, and OBLG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SSP.
The table below shows SSP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SSP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SSP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.56||52-week high||$23.61|
|Prev. close||$14.56||52-week low||$9.90|
|Day high||$14.89||Avg. volume||266,133|
|50-day MA||$13.49||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$15.87||Market Cap||1.22B|
E.W. Scripps Company (The) - (SSP) Company Bio
E.W. Scripps operates as a media enterprise with interests in television stations, newspapers, and local and national digital media sites. The company was founded in 1878 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Most Popular Stories View All
SSP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SSP Latest Social Stream
View Full SSP Social Stream
Latest SSP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EW SCRIPPS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SSP as an investment opportunity.
Scripps to webcast presentation from Bank of America Securities Leveraged Finance Conference on Nov. 29
Jason Combs, chief financial officer of The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP), and Rebecca Riegelsberger, treasurer and vice president of tax, will discuss the company's business strategies at the 2022 Bank of America Securities Leveraged Finance Conference on Tuesday, Nov. 29, in Boca Raton, Florida.
Bounce and MGM partner for new original comedy series 'Act Your Age' starring Kym Whitley and Tisha Campbell, with special guest star Yvette Nicole Brown
Bounce, the popular broadcast and multi-platform entertainment network serving African Americans, today announced a partnership with MGM to produce a new original series, "Act Your Age."
Steve Wexler, who returned to the Milwaukee radio business in 2018 to run Good Karma Brands’ Milwaukee stations WTMJ-AM (620) and WKTI-FM (94.5), will transition to a consulting role with the company.
E.W. Scripps ( NASDAQ:SSP ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$612.1m (up 10% from 3Q 2021...
E.W. Scripps (SSP) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of -26.92% and 4.14%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
SSP Price Returns