E.W. Scripps Company (The) - (SSP): Price and Financial Metrics
SSP Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 6.44, EW SCRIPPS Co P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 5.17% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, EW SCRIPPS Co is reporting a growth rate of 599.56%; that's higher than 97% of US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SSP comes in at -58.94% -- higher than that of merely 4.19% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SSP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CINR, SMTS, PTNR, AMWD, and FOE.
- SSP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit EW SCRIPPS Co's official web site, go to www.scripps.com.
SSP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SSP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.08||52-week high||$24.78|
|Prev. close||$20.82||52-week low||$5.84|
|Day high||$21.32||Avg. volume||499,237|
|50-day MA||$20.03||Dividend yield||0.97%|
|200-day MA||$14.05||Market Cap||1.72B|
E.W. Scripps Company (The) - (SSP) Company Bio
E.W. Scripps operates as a media enterprise with interests in television stations, newspapers, and local and national digital media sites. The company was founded in 1878 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.
SSP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SSP Latest Social Stream
View Full SSP Social Stream
Latest SSP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about EW SCRIPPS Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SSP as an investment opportunity.
Bounce, the first and only broadcast and multi-platform entertainment network serving African Americans, will take viewers back to all the drama of Cypress, Georgia starting this Sunday, April 11 as the mega-hit original series Saints & Sinners returns for an all new fifth season. New episodes will premiere Sunday nights at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT and pickup following the events of the first-ever Saints & Sinners movie Judgment Day which aired in February.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Editor's note: Seeking Alpha is proud to welcome Joshua Sorto as a new contributor. It's easy to become a Seeking Alpha contributor and earn money for your best investment ideas. Active contributors also get free access to SA Premium. Click here to find out more » Photo by Piotrekswat/iStock via...
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) will soon launch its popular over-the-top (OTT) national news network Newsy over the air (OTA) as well – serving the free, growing OTA market of cord-cutting self-bundlers with Newsy's award-winning, objective reporting.
The Scripps National Spelling Bee has determined its official competition and broadcast schedule for its national competition this summer, with the first round of competition set for June 12.
SSP Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SSPWant to do more research on EW SCRIPPS Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!