Summit Materials, Inc. (SUM): Price and Financial Metrics
SUM Stock Summary
- SUM's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 154.7 -- higher than 76.02% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Summit Materials Inc's stock had its IPO on March 12, 2015, making it an older stock than merely 17.15% of US equities in our set.
- For SUM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 76.74% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Summit Materials Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be WD, RDN, ARA, CONN, and RM.
- SUM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Summit Materials Inc's official web site, go to summit-materials.com.
SUM Stock Price Chart More Charts
SUM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.54||52-week high||$25.22|
|Prev. close||$23.65||52-week low||$13.42|
|Day high||$23.88||Avg. volume||807,882|
|50-day MA||$23.45||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$20.84||Market Cap||2.67B|
Summit Materials, Inc. (SUM) Company Bio
Summit Materials supplies aggregates, cement, ready-mixed concrete and asphalt in the United States and British Columbia, Canada. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
SUM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Summit Materials Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Summit Materials Inc ranked in the 82st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SUM, they are:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 1.16; that's higher than only 23.48% of US stocks in the Basic Materials sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 4.92 years comes in at 0.63%; that's greater than 86.79% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Summit Materials Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 10%; for context, that number is higher than 80.25% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|