Summit Materials, Inc. (SUM): Price and Financial Metrics
SUM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.90||52-week high||$39.56|
|Prev. close||$34.45||52-week low||$25.43|
|Day high||$35.15||Avg. volume||843,947|
|50-day MA||$32.92||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$32.59||Market Cap||4.17B|
SUM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SUM POWR Grades
- SUM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 98.68% of US stocks.
- SUM's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SUM's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 21.48% of US stocks).
SUM Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of SUMMIT MATERIALS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 24.65% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For SUM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 77.19% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, SUMMIT MATERIALS INC is reporting a growth rate of 221.92%; that's higher than 94.29% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SUM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BYD, ESEA, SLCA, RLJ, and NWE.
- Visit SUM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to summit-materials.com.
SUM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, SUM's price/sales ratio is 23.08% higher, now standing at 1.6.
- SUM's price/sales ratio has moved down 0 over the prior 106 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SUM.
SUM Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -79.84%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -11.59%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 81.4%.
The table below shows SUM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SUM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SUM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 48.03% of graded US stocks.
- SUM's asset turnover comes in at 0.559 -- ranking 10th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- CMP, UUUU, and USAS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SUM.
The table below shows SUM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Summit Materials, Inc. (SUM) Company Bio
Summit Materials supplies aggregates, cement, ready-mixed concrete and asphalt in the United States and British Columbia, Canada. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
SUM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SUM Latest Social Stream
View Full SUM Social Stream
Latest SUM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SUMMIT MATERIALS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SUM as an investment opportunity.
Key Insights The projected fair value for Summit Materials is US$25.40 based on 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity Summit...
Summit Materials, Inc. (NYSE:SUM) Q3 2023 Earnings Call Transcript November 2, 2023 Operator: Hello, good morning. My name is Jeremy and I will be your conference operator today. At this time, I would like to welcome everyone to the Summit Materials Incorporated 2023 Earnings Conference Call. All lines have been placed on mute to prevent […]
The headline numbers for Summit Materials (SUM) give insight into how the company performed in the quarter ended September 2023, but it may be worthwhile to compare some of its key metrics to Wall Street estimates and the year-ago actuals.
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
Net income surges by 165.5% and revenue grows by 8.2% YoY
SUM Price Returns