Summit Materials, Inc. (SUM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SUM POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SUM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 65.88% of US stocks.
- SUM's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SUM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 6.8% of US stocks).
SUM Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 3,995.37, Summit Materials Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 99.02% of US stocks.
- SUM's current price/earnings ratio is 1,857.11, which is higher than 99.49% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Summit Materials Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 7.61%, greater than the shareholder yield of 79.9% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SUM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PZZA, HPP, CWCO, DRVN, and UUUU.
- Visit SUM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to summit-materials.com.
SUM Valuation Summary
- SUM's price/earnings ratio is -213.2; this is 1171.36% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 79 months, SUM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 19.4.
- Over the past 79 months, SUM's price/earnings ratio has gone up 7.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SUM.
SUM Growth Metrics
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -154.09%.
- The 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 179.34%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 80.67%.
The table below shows SUM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SUM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SUM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 48.03% of graded US stocks.
- SUM's asset turnover comes in at 0.559 -- ranking 10th of 42 Non-Metallic and Industrial Metal Mining stocks.
- CMP, UUUU, and USAS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SUM.
The table below shows SUM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SUM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SUM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$26.24||52-week high||$41.46|
|Prev. close||$25.81||52-week low||$24.08|
|Day high||$26.41||Avg. volume||864,727|
|50-day MA||$29.05||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$33.72||Market Cap||3.10B|
Summit Materials, Inc. (SUM) Company Bio
Summit Materials supplies aggregates, cement, ready-mixed concrete and asphalt in the United States and British Columbia, Canada. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
Most Popular Stories View All
SUM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SUM Latest Social Stream
View Full SUM Social Stream
Latest SUM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Summit Materials Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SUM as an investment opportunity.
Summit Materials, Inc. (SUM) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 24, 2022, 11:00 ET Company Participants Karli Anderson - EVP, Chief Environmental, Social & Governance Officer and Head of IR Anne Noonan - President, CEO & Director Brian Harris - EVP & CFO Conference Call Participants Trey Grooms - Stephens...
Summit Materials (SUM) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 0% and 4.08%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
DENVER, February 23, 2022--Summit Materials, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2021 Results
While Summit Materials, Inc. ( NYSE:SUM ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it received a lot of...
Carillon Tower Advisers, an investment management firm, published its “Carillon Eagle Small Cap Growth Fund” fourth quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. Small-cap stocks overall posted minor gains in the final quarter of 2021. In what has become a common theme, the Russell 2000® Growth Index (up 0.02%) […]
SUM Price Returns