Summit Materials, Inc. (SUM): Price and Financial Metrics
SUM Stock Summary
- SUM's went public 5.98 years ago, making it older than merely 21.28% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- SUM's current price/earnings ratio is 999.6, which is higher than 99.25% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- For SUM, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 76.66% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Summit Materials Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be EAT, COLD, USCR, HLIO, and KALU.
- Visit SUM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to summit-materials.com.
SUM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SUM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.06||52-week high||$29.30|
|Prev. close||$28.50||52-week low||$7.51|
|Day high||$29.22||Avg. volume||1,484,893|
|50-day MA||$23.45||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$18.73||Market Cap||3.20B|
Summit Materials, Inc. (SUM) Company Bio
Summit Materials supplies aggregates, cement, ready-mixed concrete and asphalt in the United States and British Columbia, Canada. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
SUM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SUM, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Summit Materials Inc ranked in the 80th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 366.5% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SUM, they are:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 62. Notably, its equity weight is greater than only 21.45% of US equities in the Basic Materials sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.01 years, is 0.61% -- higher than 84.19% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Summit Materials Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than merely 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SUM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SUM Latest Social Stream
View Full SUM Social Stream
Latest SUM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Summit Materials Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SUM as an investment opportunity.
Summit Materials, Inc. (SUM) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 24, 2021 11:00 AM ET Company Participants Karli Anderson - Head of Investor Relations Anne Noonan - Chief Executive Officer Brian Harris - Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Stanley Elliott - Stifel Phil Ng - Jefferies Kathryn Thompson -...
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / February 24, 2021 / Summit Materials, Inc. (NYSE:SUM) will be discussing their earnings results in their 2020 Fourth Quarter Earnings call to be held on February 24, 2021 at 11:00 AM Eastern Time.
Summit Materials, Inc. Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Results
Morgan Stanley strategists make a bullish call on the impact to the building materials space should an infrastructure deal get passed.
Summit Materials Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Results Conference Call Date and Virtual Investor Event Date
DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Summit Materials Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Results Conference Call Date and Virtual Investor Event Date.
SUM Price Returns
Continue Researching SUMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Summit Materials Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!