Summit Materials, Inc. (SUM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SUM POWR Grades
- SUM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 79.49% of US stocks.
- SUM's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 206 days.
- SUM's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 15.69% of US stocks).
SUM Stock Summary
- SUM's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 2,478.5 -- higher than 98.49% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- SUM's went public 6.18 years ago, making it older than only 22.47% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Summit Materials Inc is higher than it is for about 76.81% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Summit Materials Inc are NWE, PCTI, VC, KZIA, and SITC.
- Visit SUM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to summit-materials.com.
SUM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SUM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$34.29||52-week high||$34.47|
|Prev. close||$32.73||52-week low||$11.56|
|Day high||$34.47||Avg. volume||1,379,426|
|50-day MA||$29.32||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$21.98||Market Cap||3.94B|
Summit Materials, Inc. (SUM) Company Bio
Summit Materials supplies aggregates, cement, ready-mixed concrete and asphalt in the United States and British Columbia, Canada. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
SUM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Summit Materials Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Summit Materials Inc ranked in the 80th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 321.33%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Summit Materials Inc, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 63% of its capital from equity, and 37% of its capital from debt. Notably, its equity weight is greater than merely 19.17% of US equities in the Basic Materials sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.01 years, is 0.61% -- higher than 83.64% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Summit Materials Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SUM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SUM Latest Social Stream
View Full SUM Social Stream
Latest SUM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Summit Materials Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SUM as an investment opportunity.
Summit Material Inc. (SUM) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call May 11, 2021 11:00 AM ET Company Participants Karli Anderson - Head of IR Anne Noonan - CEO Brian Harris - CFO Conference Call Participants Stanley Elliott - Stifel Phil Ng - Jefferies Kathryn Thompson - Thompson Research Noah Merkousko -...
Summit Materials (SUM) is seeing favorable earnings estimate revision activity and has a positive Zacks Earnings ESP heading into earnings season.
Many prominent investors, including Warren Buffett, David Tepper and Stan Druckenmiller, have been cautious regarding the current bull market and missed out as the stock market reached another high in recent weeks. On the other hand, technology hedge funds weren’t timid and registered double digit market beating gains. Financials, energy and industrial stocks initially suffered […]
Summit Materials Elevates Two to Senior Leadership & Creates Two New Roles
While Summit Materials, Inc. ( NYSE:SUM ) might not be the most widely known stock at the moment, it saw a significant...
SUM Price Returns