Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. (SWM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWM POWR Grades
- SWM scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 85.21% of US stocks.
- SWM's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- SWM's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 21.19% of US stocks).
SWM Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.64, Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc has a higher such ratio than merely 15.34% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 114.11%, Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 90.86% of about US stocks.
- Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -64.68%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 6.5% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc are EPC, KAMN, TWI, ASH, and CNMD.
- SWM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc's official web site, go to www.swmintl.com.
SWM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, SWM's EV/EBIT ratio is 40.13% higher, now standing at 21.3.
- SWM's price/earnings ratio has moved up 4.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SWM's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWM.
SWM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 0.86%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 1.54%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -19.38%.
The table below shows SWM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 25.84% of graded US stocks.
- SWM's asset turnover comes in at 0.663 -- ranking 18th of 21 Business Supplies stocks.
- GLT, CLW, and RFP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWM.
The table below shows SWM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SWM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.96||52-week high||$40.95|
|Prev. close||$25.12||52-week low||$23.12|
|Day high||$25.43||Avg. volume||264,618|
|50-day MA||$26.39||Dividend yield||7.05%|
|200-day MA||$30.10||Market Cap||780.22M|
Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. (SWM) Company Bio
Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. engages in the provision of performance materials, including papers, nets and films. It operates through the Engineered Papers and Advanced Materials and Structures segments. The Engineered Papers segment manufactures lightweight specialty papers used in manufacturing banded papers used in the production of lower ignition propensity, cigarettes, and premium specialized papers such as low volume specialized commercial and industrial commodity paper grades. The Advanced Materials and Structure segment refers to the production of resin-based plastic netting and melt blown products, machine plastic core tubes, urethane films, and resin-based rolled products. The company was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in Alpharetta, GA.
Most Popular Stories View All
SWM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWM Latest Social Stream
View Full SWM Social Stream
Latest SWM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWM as an investment opportunity.
SWM ANNOUNCES FOURTH QUARTER AND FULL YEAR 2021 RESULTS ISSUES 2022 GUIDANCE FOR STRONG PROFIT GROWTH
Alpharetta, Feb. 23, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. ("SWM" or the "Company") (NYSE: SWM) reported earnings results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2021. Adjusted measures are reconciled to GAAP at the end of this release. Financial and operating comparisons are versus the prior year period. Figures may not sum to total due to rounding. Definitions: Advanced Materials & Structures (AMS), Engineered Papers (EP), low ignition propensity (LIP), "orga
Alpharetta, Feb. 21, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. (NYSE: SWM) will issue a press release announcing the Company's fourth quarter and full year 2021 results after the market closes on February 23, 2022 and hold a conference call to discuss results on February 24, 2022. SWM will use a presentation to accompany its conference call. The presentation can be found on the Company's Web site in advance of the earnings conference call. The presentation can also be acces
SWM Launches Botani to Provide Hemp Wrappers, Fillers and Papers for the Natural Fibers Market to Accelerate Product Scalability and Innovation
Over 400 years of natural fibers and specialty paper manufacturing expertise to accelerate the development of new, sustainable and innovative products for evolving consumer demands Botani graphic Botani graphic Alpharetta, GA, Feb. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. (“SWM” or the “Company”) (NYSE: SWM), is pleased to announce the launch of Botani, a premium hemp and botanical solutions business delivering innovative hemp wraps, fillers, and rolling/pre-roll paper
Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. (NYSE:SWM) insiders placed bullish bets worth US$1.0m in the last 12 months
Over the last year, a good number of insiders have significantly increased their holdings in Schweitzer-Mauduit...
Alpharetta, Feb. 02, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- For more than two decades, SWM (NYSE: SWM), has focused on bringing best-in-class innovation, design, and manufacturing solutions to its customers. Today, the company announced a new chapter in its story with the launch of its updated shared purpose: Finding ways to improve everyday life. “At SWM, we harness the power of engineering to help our customers solve their most complex challenges. Through unparalleled know-how and deep collaboration with ou
SWM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SWMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc (SWM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc (SWM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc (SWM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch