Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. (SWM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWM POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where SWM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.9% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SWM is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- SWM ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
SWM Stock Summary
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc is higher than it is for about 83.25% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 91.47%, Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 91.18% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SWM comes in at -49.79% -- higher than that of just 5.17% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc are MTX, EPC, ESI, CSL, and CNMD.
- Visit SWM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.swmintl.com.
SWM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, SWM's EV/EBIT ratio is 40.13% higher, now standing at 21.3.
- SWM's price/earnings ratio has moved up 4.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SWM's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWM.
SWM Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -52.81%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 0.86%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 120.1%.
The table below shows SWM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 27.96% of graded US stocks.
- SWM's asset turnover comes in at 0.682 -- ranking 17th of 21 Business Supplies stocks.
- GLT, CLW, and IP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWM.
The table below shows SWM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SWM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$33.97||52-week high||$50.78|
|Prev. close||$34.19||52-week low||$26.73|
|Day high||$34.43||Avg. volume||150,669|
|50-day MA||$37.63||Dividend yield||5.15%|
|200-day MA||$41.96||Market Cap||1.07B|
Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. (SWM) Company Bio
Schweitzer-Mauduit manufactures and sells paper and reconstituted tobacco products to the tobacco industry worldwide. The company was founded in 1995 and is based in Alpharetta, Georgia.
Most Popular Stories View All
SWM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWM Latest Social Stream
View Full SWM Social Stream
Latest SWM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWM as an investment opportunity.
Investors looking for a hedge against inflation should research these commodity stocks as we adjust to a Covid world.
Allison K. Aden Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Cavco Industries, Inc. PHOENIX, Aug. 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cavco Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: CVCO) (“Cavco” or the “Company”) today announced that the Company has named Allison K. Aden as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, effective August 30, 2021. In her new role, Ms. Aden will lead Cavco’s financial reporting, accounting, tax, treasury, information technology and finance-related operations. She will
Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. ( NYSE:SWM ) has announced that it will pay a dividend of US$0.44 per share on...
Image source: The Motley Fool. Schweitzer Mauduit International I (NYSE: SWM)Q2 2021 Earnings CallAug 6, 2021, 2:30 p.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorWelcome to SWM's Second Quarter 2021 Earnings Conference Call.
Alpharetta, Aug. 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Schweitzer-Mauduit International, Inc. ("SWM" or the "Company") (NYSE: SWM) reported earnings results for the three month and six month periods ended June 30, 2021.
SWM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SWMHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc (SWM) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc (SWM) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Schweitzer Mauduit International Inc (SWM) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch