Tribune Publishing Company (TPCO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TPCO POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where TPCO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.76% of US stocks.
- TPCO's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- TPCO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 66th percentile.
TPCO Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Tribune Publishing Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 10.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -44.57%, Tribune Publishing Co's debt growth rate surpasses only 9.92% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Tribune Publishing Co is reporting a growth rate of -158.45%; that's higher than merely 13.02% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Tribune Publishing Co, a group of peers worth examining would be NX, SWBI, NHC, STC, and USNA.
- Visit TPCO's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.tribpub.com.
TPCO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TPCO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.26||52-week high||$18.54|
|Prev. close||$17.19||52-week low||$8.58|
|Day high||$17.26||Avg. volume||328,449|
|50-day MA||$17.58||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$14.32||Market Cap||636.45M|
Tribune Publishing Company (TPCO) Company Bio
Tribune Publishing Company (formerly tronc, Inc.), a media company, publishes newspapers worldwide. The company operates in two segments, troncM and troncX. It publishes daily newspapers; weekly newspapers; and digital platforms, such as Websites and mobile applications. The company also provides various digital marketing services, which include the development of mobile Websites, search engine marketing and optimization, social media account management, and content marketing for its customers' Web presence for small to medium size businesses. In addition, it offers TCA, a syndication and licensing business that provides daily news service and syndicated premium content to 1,700 media and digital information publishers; and forsalebyowner.com, a national consumer-to-consumer focused real estate Website. The company is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
TPCO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TPCO Latest Social Stream
View Full TPCO Social Stream
Latest TPCO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Tribune Publishing Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TPCO as an investment opportunity.
Tribune Publishing (TPCO) is paring an earlier loss after reports that holders approved Alden Global's acquisition at a meeting today.The news was reported by the Chicago Tribune, AP and others.The reported victory for hedge fund Alden Global comes after a bidding war with billionaire hotel magnate Stewart Bainum, who was tying...
(Bloomberg) -- Alden Global Capital declared victory in its monthslong effort to acquire Tribune Publishing Co. following a shareholder vote on the hedge fund’s bid for daily newspapers in Chicago, New York and other major cities.“The purchase of Tribune reaffirms our commitment to the newspaper industry and our focus on getting publications to a place where they can operate sustainably over the long term,” Alden President Heath Freeman said in a statement Friday.Tribune said in a statement that 81% of shares held by non-Alden stockholders voted to approve the agreement, giving it more than the two-thirds required. Chairman Philip G. Franklin called the results “an important milestone in completing the transaction.”Newspapers have struggled to compete with online media and have seen adv...
Tribune Publishing Co said on Friday shareholders had approved its proposed acquisition by hedge fund Alden Global Capital LLC. The take-private deal, gives Alden full control of Tribune's newspapers such as the Chicago Tribune and the New York Daily News. As per terms of agreement, expected to close by May 25, Alden will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Tribune common stock not currently owned by it for $17.25 per share in cash.
Tribune Publishing Company (NASDAQ:TPCO) ("Tribune" or the "Company") today announced that its stockholders voted to approve the definitive merger agreement with affiliates of Alden Global Capital ("Alden") at a special meeting of the Company's stockholders. Holders of approximately 81.28% of the shares held by non-Alden stockholders have voted to approve the merger agreement, in excess of the two-thirds minimum required.
The move would hand control of nine large daily newspapers, including the Chicago Tribune and New York Daily News, to a hedge fund with a reputation for aggressive cost cutting.
TPCO Price Returns