2U, Inc. (TWOU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TWOU POWR Grades
- TWOU scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 67.25% of US stocks.
- TWOU's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 163 days.
- TWOU ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
TWOU Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for 2U Inc is higher than 86.36% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 142.77%, 2U Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 92.93% of about US stocks.
- 2U Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -41.11%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 10.13% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to 2U Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be QUOT, CTSO, SILK, NVRO, and ASPN.
- TWOU's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit 2U Inc's official web site, go to 2u.com.
TWOU Valuation Summary
- TWOU's EV/EBIT ratio is -20.9; this is 216.11% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- TWOU's price/earnings ratio has moved up 1.7 over the prior 91 months.
- Over the past 91 months, TWOU's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TWOU.
TWOU Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -15.65%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -1010.87%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -888.01%.
The table below shows TWOU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TWOU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TWOU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.35% of graded US stocks.
- TWOU's asset turnover comes in at 0.529 -- ranking 309th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- MEDP, NEWR, and FALC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TWOU.
The table below shows TWOU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TWOU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TWOU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.29||52-week high||$59.74|
|Prev. close||$15.10||52-week low||$14.25|
|Day high||$15.51||Avg. volume||1,437,486|
|50-day MA||$21.17||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$33.34||Market Cap||1.08B|
2U, Inc. (TWOU) Company Bio
2U Inc. provides cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for nonprofit colleges and universities to deliver education to qualified students. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Landover, Maryland.
Most Popular Stories View All
TWOU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TWOU Latest Social Stream
View Full TWOU Social Stream
Latest TWOU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about 2U Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TWOU as an investment opportunity.
A whopping number of 13F filings filed with U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has been processed by Insider Monkey so that individual investors can look at the overall hedge fund sentiment towards the stocks included in their watchlists. These freshly-submitted public filings disclose money managers’ equity positions as of the end of the three-month period […]
D.C. ed-tech firm EverFi Inc. will hold onto much of its independence after its $750 million sale last week to Blackbaud Inc., maintaining its brand and its local headquarters, an EverFi executive told the Washington Business Journal. EverFi will operate as a separate division within the Charleston, South Carolina, cloud software company, said Chief Operating Officer Ellen Patterson. EverFi's core business is providing a range of skills training, from mental health and wellness to digital literacy and financial education, to K-12 students, as well as training sessions to corporations, including in harassment and discrimination.
This could be a year to forget for Cathie Wood. The founder, CEO, and chief investment officer of ARK Invest has had a rough 2021 after a monster 2020. She might be relieved when 2022 comes around. ARK Invest offers up a daily digest of the trades across its widely followed exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
The ed-tech company's revenue is up significantly from 2020, although its stock price has taken a hit.
Davy Global Fund Management Ltd decreased its position in shares of 2U, Inc. (NASDAQ:TWOU) by 42.0% in the 3rd quarter, according to the company in its most recent Form 13F filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission. The institutional investor owned 20,714 shares of the software makers stock after selling 14,973 shares during the quarter. 
TWOU Price Returns