2U, Inc. (TWOU): Price and Financial Metrics
TWOU Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for 2U Inc is higher than 94.91% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for 2U Inc comes in at 34.78%, a number that bests 85.85% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- 2U Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -13.33%, greater than the shareholder yield of only 16.57% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to 2U Inc are ATRC, CTSO, LEAF, CARG, and LNTH.
- Visit TWOU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to 2u.com.
TWOU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TWOU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$38.49||52-week high||$59.74|
|Prev. close||$37.76||52-week low||$20.57|
|Day high||$39.00||Avg. volume||1,534,354|
|50-day MA||$40.79||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$39.17||Market Cap||2.86B|
2U, Inc. (TWOU) Company Bio
2U Inc. provides cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for nonprofit colleges and universities to deliver education to qualified students. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Landover, Maryland.
TWOU Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for 2U Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that 2U Inc ranked in the 49th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 22%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for TWOU, they are:
- 2U Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -6.98. This coverage rate is greater than that of just 10.09% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, 2U Inc experienced a tax rate of about 1% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Consumer Defensive), this tax rate is higher than just 15.57% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TWOU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TWOU Latest Social Stream
View Full TWOU Social Stream
Latest TWOU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about 2U Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TWOU as an investment opportunity.
2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU) announced today that it will report its first quarter 2021 financial results on Wednesday, April 28, 2021. Christopher "Chip" Paucek, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, and Paul Lalljie, Chief Financial Officer, will hold an audio webcast and conference call at 4:30 p.m. ET to discuss the results.
The Family Institute at Northwestern University announces new online master's degree in marriage and family therapy and extends partnership with 2U, Inc.
The Family Institute at Northwestern University and 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU), a global leader in education technology, today announced the creation of a new online master's of science in marriage and family therapy (MFT). This becomes the second online degree offered by The Family Institute in partnership with 2U following the launch of [email protected] in 2015. Also announced today is an extension of 2U and The Family Institute's partnership to power [email protected], marking a continued collaboration to offer a range of digital education opportunities.
2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU), a global leader in education technology, today announced that longtime higher education leader Lorin Thomas-Tavel will become the company's new managing director of boot camps. Thomas-Tavel, who joins 2U from Kaplan where she recently served as chief experience officer for North America, will take over for Greg Calverase, who recently announced his retirement. At 2U, Thomas-Tavel will oversee the company's boot camp business, including future product innovations and improvements to the student experience that help further drive quality and outcomes. She will report to Mark Chernis, 2U's chief operating officer.
2U, Inc. and Guild Education Partner to Expand Online Higher Education Opportunities for America's Workforce
LANHAM, Md., Feb. 23, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU), a global leader in education technology, announced a partnership with Guild Education, a certified B-corp with a mission to unlock opportunity for America's workforce through education and upskilling, to make…
2U shows improving price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating from 77 to 84.
TWOU Price Returns