2U, Inc. (TWOU): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TWOU POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where TWOU ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 84.2% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TWOU is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- TWOU's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 1.04% of US stocks).
TWOU Stock Summary
- TWOU's price/sales ratio is 0.62; that's higher than the P/S ratio of merely 20.01% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, 2U INC is reporting a growth rate of 153.93%; that's higher than 90.1% of US stocks.
- 2U INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -16.04%, greater than the shareholder yield of merely 22.32% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to 2U INC are PRCH, VAPO, OSUR, SANW, and MAPS.
- Visit TWOU's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to 2u.com.
TWOU Valuation Summary
- TWOU's price/sales ratio is 0.6; this is 71.43% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 106 months, TWOU's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 14.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TWOU.
TWOU Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -662.55%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -44.86%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 118.81%.
The table below shows TWOU's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TWOU's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TWOU has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 69.35% of graded US stocks.
- TWOU's asset turnover comes in at 0.529 -- ranking 309th of 561 Business Services stocks.
- MEDP, NEWR, and FALC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TWOU.
The table below shows TWOU's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TWOU Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TWOU Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.31||52-week high||$23.75|
|Prev. close||$7.67||52-week low||$4.70|
|Day high||$7.71||Avg. volume||1,765,417|
|50-day MA||$6.56||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$9.05||Market Cap||571.68M|
2U, Inc. (TWOU) Company Bio
2U Inc. provides cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions for nonprofit colleges and universities to deliver education to qualified students. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Landover, Maryland.
Most Popular Stories View All
TWOU Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TWOU Latest Social Stream
View Full TWOU Social Stream
Latest TWOU News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about 2U INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TWOU as an investment opportunity.
The George Washington University Joins Global edX Partner Network, Offering Its First MicroMasters® Program and Online Doctorate of Public Health Degree
The George Washington University (GW) and edX, a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU), today announced that GW has joined the global edX partner community and will be launching a MicroMasters program in Public Health as well as an online Doctorate of Public Health (DrPH). The new programs, available through GW's Milken Institute School of Public Health, will provide learners with a stackable degree pathway and the opportunity to continue their education at a top-r
edX, a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU), today announced the 10 finalists for the seventh annual edX Prize for Exceptional Contributions in Online Teaching and Learning. The finalists represent the faculty and educators behind a variety of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs), ranging in topics from UX design to earth and environmental sciences. These MOOCs are available for all learners to audit for free at edX.org.
edX, a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU), today announced a new collaboration with Emeritus, a leading provider of high-quality online courses. edX will offer portions of Emeritus' catalog of programs to millions of edX learners in specific regions outside the U.S. and Europe, beginning with India. The collaboration will give edX's growing international community of learners more access to relevant and affordable online programs from top-tier institutions aroun
Analysts Have Conflicting Sentiments on These Technology Companies: 2U (TWOU), GoodRx Holdings (GDRX) and Squarespace (SQSP)
Analysts have been eager to weigh in on the Technology sector with new ratings on 2U (TWOU – Research Report), GoodRx Holdings (GDRX – Research Report) and Squarespace (SQSP – Research Report). 2U (TWOU) In a report released today, Jeffrey Silber from BMO Capital maintained a Buy rating on 2U, with a price target of $9.00. The company's shares closed last Wednesday at $6.21, close to its 52-week low of $4.70. According to TipRanks.com, Silber is a 5-star analyst with an average return of -6.2% and a 42.7% success rate. Dodge covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as Tabula Rasa HealthCare, NextGen Healthcare, and Thorne HealthTech.
Morgan Stanley analyst Josh Baer maintained a Hold rating on 2U (TWOU - Research Report) today and set a price target of $10.00. The company's shares opened today at $6.34.According to TipRanks, Baer is a 2-star analyst with an average return of -0.8% and a 44.19% success rate. Baer covers the Technology sector, focusing on stocks such as Smartsheet, Docebo, and DigitalOcean Holdings.In addition to Morgan Stanley, 2U also received a Hold from Piper Sandler's Arvind Ramnani in a report issued yesterday. However, today, BMO Capital maintained a Buy rating on 2U (NASDAQ: TWOU).See Insiders’ Hot Stocks on TipRanks >> The company has a one-year high of $29.
TWOU Price Returns