Unifirst Corporation (UNF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNF POWR Grades
- UNF scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 92.42% of US stocks.
- UNF's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- UNF's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 19.18% of US stocks).
UNF Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 310.63, Unifirst Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 91.98% of US stocks.
- Unifirst Corp's stock had its IPO on January 5, 1988, making it an older stock than 89.32% of US equities in our set.
- For UNF, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 13.58% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNF, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PFC, NRC, SASR, SVT, and WABC.
- Visit UNF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.unifirst.com.
UNF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, UNF's EV/EBIT ratio is 10.3% lower, now standing at 19.6.
- Over the past 243 months, UNF's price/earnings ratio has gone up 15.2.
- UNF's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.8 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNF.
UNF Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 1.97%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -4.5%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 30.13%.
The table below shows UNF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNF has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.73% of graded US stocks.
- UNF's asset turnover comes in at 0.792 -- ranking 20th of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- BFAM, GHC, and LRN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNF.
The table below shows UNF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$165.01||52-week high||$242.79|
|Prev. close||$161.81||52-week low||$156.04|
|Day high||$165.35||Avg. volume||68,745|
|50-day MA||$171.68||Dividend yield||0.73%|
|200-day MA||$194.52||Market Cap||3.10B|
Unifirst Corporation (UNF) Company Bio
UniFirst Corporation provides workplace uniforms and protective work wear clothing primarily in the United States, Canada, and Europe. It operates through US Rental and Cleaning, Canadian Rental and Cleaning, Manufacturing, Specialty Garments Rental and Cleaning, and First Aid segments. The company was founded in 1936 and is based in Wilmington, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
UNF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNF Latest Social Stream
View Full UNF Social Stream
Latest UNF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Unifirst Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNF as an investment opportunity.
When you buy and hold a stock for the long term, you definitely want it to provide a positive return. Better yet, you'd...
UniFirst (NYSE: UNF), a North American leader in providing customized work uniform programs, corporate attire, and facility service products, in partnership with 14-time NASCAR Cup Series champions Hendrick Motorsports, unveiled the all-new race car paint scheme for the No. 9 UniFirst Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. The car will once again be piloted by NASCAR's four-time Most Popular Driver and 2020 Cup Series champion Chase Elliott for three races during the upcoming 2022 season.
UniFirst (NYSE:UNF), a North American leader in the supply and servicing of uniforms, workwear, and facility service products for businesses, has been named a silver winner in the 11th annual Best in Biz Awards in the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Program of the Year category. Best in Biz Awards is an independent business awards program judged annually by prominent editors and reporters from top-tier publications in North America. 2021 marked a year that drew intense competition from mor
If we want to find a stock that could multiply over the long term, what are the underlying trends we should look for...
WILMINGTON, Mass., Jan. 11, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of UniFirst Corporation (NYSE:UNF) today declared regular quarterly cash dividends of $0.30 per share (30.0 cents) on the Company's Common Stock and $0.24 per share (24.0 cents) on the Company's Class B Common Stock. Both dividends are payable on March 30, 2022, to shareholders of record on March 9, 2022. Headquartered in Wilmington, Mass., UniFirst Corporation (NYSE: UNF) is a North American leader in the supply and ser
UNF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|