Unifirst Corporation (UNF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNF POWR Grades
- UNF scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 89.11% of US stocks.
- UNF's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- UNF's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 29.02% of US stocks).
UNF Stock Summary
- UNIFIRST CORP's stock had its IPO on January 5, 1988, making it an older stock than 90.26% of US equities in our set.
- For UNF, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by only 14.52% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of UNIFIRST CORP's share price is greater than that of just 7.95% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNIFIRST CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be UAMY, MHK, APOG, TREX, and SAIA.
- UNF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit UNIFIRST CORP's official web site, go to www.unifirst.com.
UNF Valuation Summary
- UNF's EV/EBIT ratio is 24.3; this is 41.28% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, UNF's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNF.
UNF Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 36%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at -21.02%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 7.73%.
The table below shows UNF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNF has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.73% of graded US stocks.
- UNF's asset turnover comes in at 0.792 -- ranking 20th of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- BFAM, GHC, and LRN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNF.
The table below shows UNF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$191.04||52-week high||$214.65|
|Prev. close||$190.53||52-week low||$154.72|
|Day high||$191.69||Avg. volume||67,490|
|50-day MA||$177.43||Dividend yield||0.63%|
|200-day MA||$176.58||Market Cap||3.57B|
Unifirst Corporation (UNF) Company Bio
UniFirst Corporation provides workplace uniforms and protective work wear clothing primarily in the United States, Canada, and Europe. It operates through US Rental and Cleaning, Canadian Rental and Cleaning, Manufacturing, Specialty Garments Rental and Cleaning, and First Aid segments. The company was founded in 1936 and is based in Wilmington, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
UNF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNF Latest Social Stream
View Full UNF Social Stream
Latest UNF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNIFIRST CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNF as an investment opportunity.
How far off is UniFirst Corporation ( NYSE:UNF ) from its intrinsic value? Using the most recent financial data, we'll...
UniFirst Charity Golf Tournament Raises $25,000 to Benefit New England-based Nonprofit Organizations
UniFirst Corporation (NYSE:UNF), a North American leader in providing customized business uniform programs, facility service products, and first aid and safety services, announced today that it raised $25,000 for charity at the company's annual Ronald Croatti Memorial Golf Tournament held at the Mt. Hood Country Club in Melrose, Mass.
WILMINGTON, Mass., Oct. 25, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of UniFirst Corporation (NYSE:UNF) today declared increased quarterly cash dividends of $0.310 per share (31.0 cents) on the Company's Common Stock and $0.248 per share (24.8 cents) on the Company's Class B Common Stock. Both dividends are payable on January 4, 2023 to shareholders of record on December 7, 2022. Headquartered in Wilmington, Mass., UniFirst Corporation (NYSE: UNF) is a North American leader in the supply
UniFirst Corporation (NYSE:UNF), a North American leader in providing customized business uniform programs, facility service products, and first aid and safety services, announces the addition of Spotlite MV to its core uniform rental offerings, exclusively manufactured by UniFirst. The innovative collection is an industry first, designed to meet the unique needs of workers on the go who require garments that are easy to move in, comfortable, stylish, enhance visibility, and keep up with their a
UniFirst (UNF) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 1.70% and 0.77%, respectively, for the quarter ended August 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
UNF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|