Unifirst Corporation (UNF): Price and Financial Metrics
UNF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$170.26||52-week high||$205.59|
|Prev. close||$172.43||52-week low||$150.50|
|Day high||$174.60||Avg. volume||70,311|
|50-day MA||$165.61||Dividend yield||0.72%|
|200-day MA||$170.81||Market Cap||3.18B|
UNF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNF POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where UNF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 93.24% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for UNF is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- UNF ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
UNF Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 889.96, UNIFIRST CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 96.66% of US stocks.
- UNIFIRST CORP's stock had its IPO on January 5, 1988, making it an older stock than 89.73% of US equities in our set.
- For UNF, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by merely 15.13% of US equities we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to UNF, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GXO, FMBH, RNST, MD, and UCBI.
- UNF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit UNIFIRST CORP's official web site, go to www.unifirst.com.
UNF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Industrials stock, UNF's price/sales ratio is 20% lower, now standing at 1.4.
- Over the past 243 months, UNF's price/earnings ratio has gone up 15.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNF.
UNF Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 26.09%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 7.73%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 10.06%.
The table below shows UNF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNF has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.73% of graded US stocks.
- UNF's asset turnover comes in at 0.792 -- ranking 20th of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- BFAM, GHC, and LRN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNF.
The table below shows UNF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Unifirst Corporation (UNF) Company Bio
UniFirst Corporation provides workplace uniforms and protective work wear clothing primarily in the United States, Canada, and Europe. It operates through US Rental and Cleaning, Canadian Rental and Cleaning, Manufacturing, Specialty Garments Rental and Cleaning, and First Aid segments. The company was founded in 1936 and is based in Wilmington, Massachusetts.
UNF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNF Latest Social Stream
View Full UNF Social Stream
Latest UNF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNIFIRST CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNF as an investment opportunity.
Did you know there are some financial metrics that can provide clues of a potential multi-bagger? In a perfect world...
WILMINGTON, Mass., Oct. 24, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of UniFirst Corporation (NYSE:UNF) today declared increased quarterly cash dividends of $0.330 per share (33.0 cents) on the Company's Common Stock and $0.264 per share (26.4 cents) on the Company's Class B Common Stock. Both dividends are payable on January 4, 2024 to shareholders of record on December 7, 2023. UniFirst also announced today that its Board of Directors authorized a new share repurchase program allowing t
UniFirst Corporation (NYSE:UNF) Q4 2023 Earnings Call Transcript October 18, 2023 UniFirst Corporation beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $1.75, expectations were $1.72. Operator: Greetings and welcome to the UniFirst Corporation’s Fourth Quarter Earnings Call. During the presentation, all participants will be in a listen-only mode. Afterwards, we will conduct a question-and-answer session. [Operator Instructions]. […]
Q4 2023 UniFirst Corp Earnings Call
Revenue and net income surge, highlighting a successful fiscal year
UNF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|