Unifirst Corporation (UNF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
UNF POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where UNF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.05% of US stocks.
- UNF's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 178 days.
- UNF ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
UNF Stock Summary
- UNIFIRST CORP's stock had its IPO on January 5, 1988, making it an older stock than 90.28% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for UNIFIRST CORP is higher than it is for about only 14.27% of US stocks.
- The volatility of UNIFIRST CORP's share price is greater than that of just 10.47% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to UNIFIRST CORP are NPK, TIXT, SAIA, NWSA, and GHC.
- UNF's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit UNIFIRST CORP's official web site, go to www.unifirst.com.
UNF Valuation Summary
- UNF's price/earnings ratio is 34.2; this is 79.06% higher than that of the median Industrials stock.
- UNF's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 17.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for UNF.
UNF Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 26.09%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 7.73%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 10.06%.
The table below shows UNF's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
UNF's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- UNF has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 80.73% of graded US stocks.
- UNF's asset turnover comes in at 0.792 -- ranking 20th of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- BFAM, GHC, and LRN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with UNF.
The table below shows UNF's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
UNF Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of UNF, see our UNF price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$247.00||Average Broker Recommendation||2.1 (Hold)|
UNF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
UNF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$191.61||52-week high||$205.59|
|Prev. close||$192.69||52-week low||$154.72|
|Day high||$193.78||Avg. volume||76,891|
|50-day MA||$196.29||Dividend yield||0.65%|
|200-day MA||$184.78||Market Cap||3.58B|
Unifirst Corporation (UNF) Company Bio
UniFirst Corporation provides workplace uniforms and protective work wear clothing primarily in the United States, Canada, and Europe. It operates through US Rental and Cleaning, Canadian Rental and Cleaning, Manufacturing, Specialty Garments Rental and Cleaning, and First Aid segments. The company was founded in 1936 and is based in Wilmington, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
UNF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
UNF Latest Social Stream
View Full UNF Social Stream
Latest UNF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about UNIFIRST CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate UNF as an investment opportunity.
Energous (WATT) Reports Q4 Loss, Lags Revenue Estimates
Energous (WATT) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 0% and 25.42%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
UniFirst Corporation Plans to Announce Second Quarter Results on March 29, 2023
WILMINGTON, Mass., Feb. 22, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- UniFirst Corporation (NYSE: UNF) will report its Fiscal 2023 second quarter results on March 29, 2023 before the market opens. The Company will also hold a conference call at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time on March 29, 2023 to discuss its quarterly financial results, business highlights and outlook. In addition, the Company may answer one or more questions concerning business and financial developments and trends, the Company’s view on earnings foreca
At US$201, Is UniFirst Corporation (NYSE:UNF) Worth Looking At Closely?
UniFirst Corporation ( NYSE:UNF ), is not the largest company out there, but it received a lot of attention from a...
UniFirst Unveils Paint Scheme for Chase Elliott's 2023 NASCAR Cup Series Ride
UniFirst Corporation (NYSE:UNF), a North American leader in providing customized business uniform programs, facility service products and first aid and safety services, in partnership with 14-time NASCAR Cup Series champions Hendrick Motorsports, revealed the all-new race car paint scheme for the No. 9 UniFirst Chevrolet Camaro ZL1. The car will once again be piloted by NASCAR's five-time Most Popular Driver and 2020 Cup Series champion Chase Elliott in three races during the 2023 season.
UniFirst Announces Agreement to Acquire Clean Uniform
WILMINGTON, Mass., Feb. 08, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- UniFirst Corporation (NYSE: UNF) (the “Company,” “UniFirst” or “we”), a North American leader in the supply and servicing of custom business uniform and workwear, facility service programs, and first aid and safety products, today announced that it has signed an agreement to purchase Clean Uniform (“Clean”) for $300 million, or a net purchase price of approximately $260 million after adjusting for the estimated value of anticipated incremental
UNF Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching UNFWant to see what other sources are saying about Unifirst Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Unifirst Corp (UNF) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Unifirst Corp (UNF) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Unifirst Corp (UNF) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...