ViacomCBS (VIAC): Price and Financial Metrics
VIAC Stock Summary
- ViacomCBS Inc's market capitalization of $23,792,875,507 is ahead of 89.95% of US-listed equities.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 9.82, ViacomCBS Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 11.86% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The volatility of ViacomCBS Inc's share price is greater than that of 90.39% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VIAC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PKG, MKC, DAR, EFX, and DGX.
- Visit VIAC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.viacbs.com.
VIAC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VIAC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.92||52-week high||$101.97|
|Prev. close||$38.40||52-week low||$14.66|
|Day high||$39.24||Avg. volume||35,448,457|
|50-day MA||$63.15||Dividend yield||2.5%|
|200-day MA||$39.91||Market Cap||23.50B|
ViacomCBS (VIAC) Company Bio
ViacomCBS creates television programs, motion pictures, short-form video, applications, games, consumer products, social media, and other entertainment content. It operates in two segments, Media Networks and Filmed Entertainment. The company was founded in 2006 and is based in New York, New York.
VIAC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for VIAC, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that ViacomCBS Inc ranked in the 56th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 5.5% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for ViacomCBS Inc ended up being:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 93.18% of its sector Consumer Cyclical.
- 53% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 19.1% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- ViacomCBS Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 1.64% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VIAC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VIAC Latest Social Stream
View Full VIAC Social Stream
Latest VIAC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ViacomCBS Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VIAC as an investment opportunity.
Photo by Andrew Burton/Getty Images News via Getty Images A margin of safety is achieved when securities are purchased at prices sufficiently below underlying value to allow for human error, bad luck, or extreme volatility in a complex, unpredictable and rapidly changing world" - Seth Klarman, from his book "Margin...
Kevin Westcott, U.S. technology, media & telecom leader at Deloitte, discusses the firm’s latest edition of its Digital Media Trends Survey, which breaks down how consumers of different ages are engaging with various entertainment options.
In famed Beverly Park, the longtime estate of late media mogul Sumner Redstone is on the market for $27.9 million.
A revamp at CBS News ([[VIAC]] -0.5%, [[VIACA]] +0.4%) will see the organization and CBS Television Stations folded into one structure with unified leadership, with two new co-presidents. CBS Entertainment Group CEO George Cheeks has tapped Neeraj Khemlani and Wendy McMahon to lead the new division, and each are "coming...
Earnings season truly begins next week.
VIAC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!