Village Super Market, Inc. - (VLGEA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VLGEA POWR Grades
- VLGEA scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 96.5% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VLGEA is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- VLGEA's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 23.39% of US stocks).
VLGEA Stock Summary
- VILLAGE SUPER MARKET INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 91.87% of US listed stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.16, VILLAGE SUPER MARKET INC has a higher such ratio than only 3.32% of stocks in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, VLGEA is more volatile than only 4.14% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to VILLAGE SUPER MARKET INC, a group of peers worth examining would be ZEUS, ELA, SFM, CTRN, and IMKTA.
- VLGEA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit VILLAGE SUPER MARKET INC's official web site, go to myvillagesupermarket.com.
VLGEA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, VLGEA's price/sales ratio is 89.47% lower, now standing at 0.2.
- Over the past 243 months, VLGEA's price/earnings ratio has gone up 4.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VLGEA.
VLGEA Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -5.69%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 33.83%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 5.54%.
The table below shows VLGEA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VLGEA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VLGEA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.78% of graded US stocks.
- VLGEA's asset turnover comes in at 2.264 -- ranking 31st of 165 Retail stocks.
- KSPN, NUZE, and FCFS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VLGEA.
The table below shows VLGEA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VLGEA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VLGEA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.26||52-week high||$25.08|
|Prev. close||$22.81||52-week low||$19.09|
|Day high||$23.40||Avg. volume||19,560|
|50-day MA||$23.08||Dividend yield||4.3%|
|200-day MA||$22.56||Market Cap||337.55M|
Village Super Market, Inc. - (VLGEA) Company Bio
Village Super Market operates a chain of supermarkets in the United States. primarily in the northeast. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Springfield, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
VLGEA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VLGEA Latest Social Stream
View Full VLGEA Social Stream
Latest VLGEA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VILLAGE SUPER MARKET INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VLGEA as an investment opportunity.
Village Super Market, Inc. ( NASDAQ:VLGE.A ) will pay a dividend of $0.25 on the 26th of January. This makes the...
SPRINGFIELD, N.J., Dec. 16, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Village Super Market, Inc. (NSD-VLGEA) declared quarterly cash dividends of $0.25 per Class A common share and $0.1625 per Class B common share. The dividends will be payable on January 26, 2023 to shareholders of record at the close of business on January 5, 2023. Village Super Market operates a chain of 34 supermarkets under the ShopRite and Fairway names in New Jersey, Maryland, New York and eastern Pennsylvania an
Dividend stocks can be a safe place to park your money amid a downturn in the markets. Three stocks that not only provide better yields than the S&P 500 average (1.7%), but that could rise in value next year and continue to outperform are Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ), PepsiCo (NASDAQ: PEP), and Village Super Market (NASDAQ: VLGEA). Let's find out a bit more about these three high-yielding dividend stocks that could beat the market in 2023.
Village Super Market has some fine defensive qualities, and the valuations are quite ideal. Click here to read our analysis of VLGEA stock.
Village Super Market has held up well in the current environment so far. See what makes VLGEA stock a compelling prospect right now.
VLGEA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching VLGEAWant to do more research on Village Super Market Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Village Super Market Inc (VLGEA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Village Super Market Inc (VLGEA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Village Super Market Inc (VLGEA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch