Village Super Market, Inc. - (VLGEA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VLGEA POWR Grades
- VLGEA scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 87.78% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VLGEA is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- VLGEA ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
VLGEA Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for VLGEA is 5.92 -- better than 93.99% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.16, Village Super Market Inc has a higher such ratio than just 1.47% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 195.16%, Village Super Market Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 95.46% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VLGEA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SFM, SSNT, ELA, SSY, and BBBY.
- Visit VLGEA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to myvillagesupermarket.com.
VLGEA Valuation Summary
- VLGEA's EV/EBIT ratio is 21.6; this is 20% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, VLGEA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 17.1.
- Over the past 243 months, VLGEA's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VLGEA.
VLGEA Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -23.71%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -4.71%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 230.34%.
The table below shows VLGEA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VLGEA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VLGEA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 71.19% of graded US stocks.
- VLGEA's asset turnover comes in at 2.209 -- ranking 34th of 164 Retail stocks.
- YGYI, FCFS, and PSMT are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VLGEA.
The table below shows VLGEA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VLGEA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VLGEA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.43||52-week high||$26.31|
|Prev. close||$21.70||52-week low||$21.00|
|Day high||$21.94||Avg. volume||37,894|
|50-day MA||$22.53||Dividend yield||4.67%|
|200-day MA||$23.32||Market Cap||311.87M|
Village Super Market, Inc. - (VLGEA) Company Bio
Village Super Market operates a chain of supermarkets in the United States. primarily in the northeast. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Springfield, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
VLGEA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VLGEA Latest Social Stream
View Full VLGEA Social Stream
Latest VLGEA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Village Super Market Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VLGEA as an investment opportunity.
Would Shareholders Who Purchased Village Super Market's (NASDAQ:VLGE.A) Stock Five Years Be Happy With The Share price Today?
Ideally, your overall portfolio should beat the market average. But the main game is to find enough winners to more...
Village Super Market, Inc. ( NASDAQ:VLGE.A ) is about to trade ex-dividend in the next 3 days. The ex-dividend date is...
The board of Village Super Market, Inc. ( NASDAQ:VLGE.A ) has announced that it will pay a dividend on the 29th of...
SPRINGFIELD, N.J., June 11, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Village Super Market, Inc. (NSD-VLGEA) declared quarterly cash dividends of $0.25 per Class A common share and $0.1625 per Class B common share. The dividends will be payable on July 29, 2021 to shareholders of record at the close of business on July 8, 2021. Village Super Market operates a chain of 34 supermarkets under the ShopRite and Fairway names in New Jersey, Maryland, New York and eastern Pennsylvania and thre
SPRINGFIELD, N.J. (AP) _ Village Super Market Inc. (VLGEA) on Thursday reported fiscal third-quarter profit of $2.6 million. The Springfield, New Jersey-based company said it had net income of 18 cents per share. The supermarket chain posted revenue of $481.1 million in the period. Village Super Market shares have increased 10% since the beginning of 
VLGEA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching VLGEAWant to do more research on Village Super Market Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Village Super Market Inc (VLGEA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Village Super Market Inc (VLGEA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Village Super Market Inc (VLGEA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch