Village Super Market, Inc. - (VLGEA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VLGEA POWR Grades
- VLGEA scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 93.03% of US stocks.
- VLGEA's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- VLGEA ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
VLGEA Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for VLGEA is 5.72 -- better than 92.75% of US stocks.
- VLGEA's price/sales ratio is 0.14; that's higher than the P/S ratio of only 3.25% of US stocks.
- The volatility of VILLAGE SUPER MARKET INC's share price is greater than that of just 2.03% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VLGEA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ZEUS, SFM, IDT, WHLM, and ELA.
- Visit VLGEA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to myvillagesupermarket.com.
VLGEA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, VLGEA's price/sales ratio is 94.74% lower, now standing at 0.1.
- Over the past 243 months, VLGEA's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for VLGEA.
VLGEA Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 5.28%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -28.38%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 62.66%.
The table below shows VLGEA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
VLGEA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- VLGEA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.78% of graded US stocks.
- VLGEA's asset turnover comes in at 2.264 -- ranking 31st of 165 Retail stocks.
- KSPN, NUZE, and FCFS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with VLGEA.
The table below shows VLGEA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
VLGEA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VLGEA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.43||52-week high||$25.08|
|Prev. close||$19.33||52-week low||$19.09|
|Day high||$19.60||Avg. volume||27,058|
|50-day MA||$21.84||Dividend yield||5.15%|
|200-day MA||$22.86||Market Cap||282.61M|
Village Super Market, Inc. - (VLGEA) Company Bio
Village Super Market operates a chain of supermarkets in the United States. primarily in the northeast. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Springfield, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
VLGEA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VLGEA Latest Social Stream
View Full VLGEA Social Stream
Latest VLGEA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VILLAGE SUPER MARKET INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VLGEA as an investment opportunity.
Today we'll do a simple run through of a valuation method used to estimate the attractiveness of Village Super Market...
For many investors, the main point of stock picking is to generate higher returns than the overall market. But its...
If you have $10,000 you can afford to invest, you should consider buying some high-yielding dividend stocks. For example, if you invest that amount on a stock paying 4%, you would be collecting $400 in annual dividends. Three stocks that pay even more than that and which can be pillars for your portfolio include Medical Properties Trust (NYSE: MPW), Village Super Market (NASDAQ: VLGEA), and Enbridge (NYSE: ENB).
Village Super Market, Inc. ( NASDAQ:VLGE.A ) will pay a dividend of US$0.25 on the 28th of July. This means the annual...
SPRINGFIELD, N.J., June 20, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Board of Directors of Village Super Market, Inc. (NSD-VLGEA) declared quarterly cash dividends of $0.25 per Class A common share and $0.1625 per Class B common share. The dividends will be payable on July 28, 2022 to shareholders of record at the close of business on July 7, 2022. Village Super Market operates a chain of 34 supermarkets under the ShopRite and Fairway names in New Jersey, Maryland, New York and eastern Pennsylvania and four
VLGEA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching VLGEAWant to do more research on Village Super Market Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Village Super Market Inc (VLGEA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Village Super Market Inc (VLGEA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Village Super Market Inc (VLGEA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch