Village Super Market, Inc. - (VLGEA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
VLGEA POWR Grades
- VLGEA scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 93.82% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for VLGEA is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 200 days.
- VLGEA ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 33rd percentile.
VLGEA Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.19, Village Super Market Inc has a higher such ratio than just 2.3% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 193.89%, Village Super Market Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 94.11% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Village Super Market Inc's share price is greater than that of only 3.71% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to VLGEA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IMKTA, ELA, TESS, ZEUS, and EDUC.
- Visit VLGEA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to myvillagesupermarket.com.
VLGEA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
VLGEA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$24.64||52-week high||$27.88|
|Prev. close||$25.09||52-week low||$21.00|
|Day high||$25.09||Avg. volume||39,523|
|50-day MA||$24.81||Dividend yield||3.99%|
|200-day MA||$23.89||Market Cap||358.59M|
Village Super Market, Inc. - (VLGEA) Company Bio
Village Super Market operates a chain of supermarkets in the United States. primarily in the northeast. The company was founded in 1933 and is based in Springfield, New Jersey.
VLGEA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Village Super Market Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Village Super Market Inc ranked in the 73th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 127.5% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Village Super Market Inc ended up being:
- 46% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 14.02% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Village Super Market Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than merely 0.83% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive), Village Super Market Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 93.5% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
VLGEA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
VLGEA Latest Social Stream
View Full VLGEA Social Stream
Latest VLGEA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Village Super Market Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate VLGEA as an investment opportunity.
SPRINGFIELD, N.J., March 12, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Board of Directors of Village Super Market, Inc. (NSD-VLGEA) declared quarterly cash dividends of $0.25 per Class A common share and $0.1625 per Class B common share. The dividends will be payable on April 22, 2021 to shareholders of record at the close of business on April 1,… Read More »Village Super Market, Inc. Declares Quarterly Dividend
Village Super Market, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:VLGE.A) Stock's Been Going Strong: Could Weak Financials Mean The Market Will Correct Its Share Price?
Village Super Market's (NASDAQ:VLGE.A) stock is up by a considerable 18% over the past month. However, in this article...
SPRINGFIELD, N.J., March 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Village Super Market, Inc. (NASDAQ:VLGEA) (the "Company" or "Village") today reported its results of operations for the second quarter ended January 23, 2021. Net income was $4,555,000 in the 13 weeks ended January 23, 2021 compared to $2,005,000 in the 13 weeks ended January 25, 2020. The 13 weeks ended January 25, 2020 includes a non-cash pension charge related to the termination of a company-sponsored pension plan and other pension settlement charges of $871,000 (net of tax), pre-opening costs related to the Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania replacement store of $304,000 (net of tax) and store closure costs and charges to write off the variable lease obligations related to the old Stroudsburg store of $365,000 (net of tax). Excluding thes...
Energy stocks currently offer some of the highest dividend yields. Canadian midstream stock Enbridge (NYSE: ENB) is trading at an attractive dividend yield of 6.8%, a yield higher than what the stock has historically offered. Energy stocks' elevated yields, as seen in the graph above, likely reflect the market's concerns relating to the role of oil and gas as energy sources in the long term.
Hedge Funds and other institutional investors have just completed filing their 13Fs with the Securities and Exchange Commission, revealing their equity portfolios as of the end of September. At Insider Monkey, we follow nearly 817 active hedge funds and notable investors and by analyzing their 13F filings, we can determine the stocks that they are […]
VLGEA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching VLGEAWant to do more research on Village Super Market Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Village Super Market Inc (VLGEA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Village Super Market Inc (VLGEA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Village Super Market Inc (VLGEA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch